• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What HC gets 13 years with 0 playoff wins....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still has a job ??????......Marvin Lewis must know something bad on Mr Brown, there's only one other explanation, Mr Brown is retarded....Take your pick...
But if they had a good HC, they would probably have a SB ring or 2 by now....Loaded with talent, can't get it done, who's fault is it ?????:scratch:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all this time, with their first playoff win neatly in hand even after giving the ball back to Pittsburgh on a fumble, only to lose control of his volatile players and throw the game away to a chip shot chance. Yeah I don't understand how he hasn't been fired yet. It's long past time, I would have been on the phone with him as soon as he got back to the lockers. His post game should have also been his goodbye speech.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals consider this better than how were they before Lewis so he'll stick around awhile.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals consider this better than how were they before Lewis so he'll stick around awhile.
Yep. Plus they seem to have an excuse for every failure. Injuries, referees, penalties, other team was just better, etc....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still has a job ??????......Marvin Lewis must know something bad on Mr Brown, there's only one other explanation, Mr Brown is retarded....Take your pick...
But if they had a good HC, they would probably have a SB ring or 2 by now....Loaded with talent, can't get it done, who's fault is it ?????:scratch:

I think every owner want to win a Superbowl. But I'm going to use a MLB analogy or comparison here.

FL Marlins...won two WS titles '97 and again in '03...but they stuck up the joint for nearly every season they didn't win a title because they gutted the team to keep payroll down.

Whereas the ATL Braves won 14 consecutive DIV titles...near the top in attendance for a lot of that stretch. Yes they didn't get one WS, but the Bengals seems to subscribe to the Braves formula...we're okay being competitive.

Lewis has won the DIV 3 or 4 times I think and they are in the dance 5 straight years...idk if they've ever had a SB winning QB during his tenure, but zero playoff wins in 7 chances is disturbing.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin, through his tenure, has had no problem taking a chance on talented players with trouble in their resume. They pay dividends usually, but these players have a habit of also doing things that lose important games for them, because Marvin can't or won't do what it takes to keep them in line.

This strategy isn't likely to get them any farther than they've been.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....Bengals aren't the Bucks [as in Tampa],......they're always ''contending''.....and every seat is $old/from what I see,......owner Brown doesn't give a fkk what WE think,...nuff' said.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....ownership's [fault]...!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....ownership's [fault]...!
Yes, but nothing will really change until the FANS decide that a winning season and a one and done trip to the playoffs is not good enough...then, and only then will it not be good enough for the owner.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but nothing will really change until the FANS decide that a winning season and a one and done trip to the playoffs is not good enough...then, and only then will it not be good enough for the owner.
......lol,....fans pull a ''no-$how''..?,...what else is there to do in Cincinatti,...there must be a [24/7] WAL-MART inside that fkkn stadium...?!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's not Dalton's fault any more???

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every owner want to win a Superbowl. But I'm going to use a MLB analogy or comparison here.

FL Marlins...won two WS titles '97 and again in '03...but they stuck up the joint for nearly every season they didn't win a title because they gutted the team to keep payroll down.

Whereas the ATL Braves won 14 consecutive DIV titles...near the top in attendance for a lot of that stretch. Yes they didn't get one WS, but the Bengals seems to subscribe to the Braves formula...we're okay being competitive.

Lewis has won the DIV 3 or 4 times I think and they are in the dance 5 straight years...idk if they've ever had a SB winning QB during his tenure, but zero playoff wins in 7 chances is disturbing.

13 years, with Carson Palmer, Housh and CJ when they were ballin', made the playoffs twice, same result...Now with AJ and Eifert or whatever his name is, 5 more tries and same result....
I am convinced that barring just plain old dumb luck, he's never gonna get them there.....Tom Caughlin will take this same team and make a run for the SB and very possibly win it....They have the talent, Marvin don't have the metal to get them there IMO....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 years, with Carson Palmer, Housh and CJ when they were ballin', made the playoffs twice, same result...Now with AJ and Eifert or whatever his name is, 5 more tries and same result....
I am convinced that barring just plain old dumb luck, he's never gonna get them there.....Tom Caughlin will take this same team and make a run for the SB and very possibly win it....They have the talent, Marvin don't have the metal to get them there IMO....

Man, I don't want to come as a Lewis apologist b/c I'm with you on this one, but just don't know if SB was ever within reach...Palmer was in his prime and that era did have some pretty good OFC teams...but DEF was just so so...truthfully, the current era teams have been the most talented imo...with pro bowl caliber players both sides of the ball.

We all know they should've the game last week, but getting smoked at home vs SD was probably the worst loss I remember.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......lol,....fans pull a ''no-$how''..?,...what else is there to do in Cincinatti,...there must be a [24/7] WAL-MART inside that fkkn stadium...?!

lol...It's all about expectations...NE is way past the days of Tony Easion/Grogan, etc. and the product that NE was putting on the field back then...the culture now is about winning and winning titles...when BB finally shuts it down...do you think 5 yrs+ of regular season success but zero playoff wins warrants another 5 yrs for the HC?

In PIT if Tomlin didn't have SB win under his belt, he would be coaching somewhere else long before now...fans just won't tolerate it...GB...same thing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy

download.jpg

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With their current team healthy and not losing control of themselves, they are definitely SB contenders. IMO that right there would be reason to not fire him. The team has been built and they are damn good. Not only that but who do you replace him with if you do fire him? My gut tells me this team is going to be on a serious mission next season but they better keep their mentality in check somehow. Refs need to carry tazers for Steelers/Bengals games.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you but I think the fans just want a playoff win more than anything. I honestly don't know how Cincy fans can take this shit without calling for somebodies head.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you but I think the fans just want a playoff win more than anything. I honestly don't know how Cincy fans can take this shit without calling for somebodies head.

I don't either...I live in ATL as you may know and the Falcons had/have similar playoff history to the Bengals under Mike Smith and the fans were on board for a long time, but when the tide turned and the wins went with it...the dome was still sold out because most are season tickets deal, but attendance? Local fans started finding better things to do on Sunday between 1 & 4...10-12,000 seats empty.

They had to get rid of Smith because the next thing would be bagging the season tickets altogether.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...It's all about expectations...NE is way past the days of Tony Easion/Grogan, etc. and the product that NE was putting on the field back then...the culture now is about winning and winning titles...when BB finally shuts it down...do you think 5 yrs+ of regular season success but zero playoff wins warrants another 5 yrs for the HC?

In PIT if Tomlin didn't have SB win under his belt, he would be coaching somewhere else long before now...fans just won't tolerate it...GB...same thing.
...lol,...maybe not around here [today],fans are so ''spoiled'' that if we don't make it to the SB = it was a ''so- so'' year.,.....I remember those horrible late/80's - early-90's/pre-Parcell's days...(uugh).,....we basically played 10-preseason games a year with maybe 30,000-attendance...2-14/records.,...*Buffalo was my adopted-team/back then*.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all this time, with their first playoff win neatly in hand even after giving the ball back to Pittsburgh on a fumble, only to lose control of his volatile players and throw the game away to a chip shot chance. Yeah I don't understand how he hasn't been fired yet. It's long past time, I would have been on the phone with him as soon as he got back to the lockers. His post game should have also been his goodbye speech.

This. So much this. It's unbelievable.