• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dan Quinn is not HC material and it's time to go back to Seattle

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always laugh at the notion that Quinn was what made that Seahawk defense so good.
Yes indeed. The defense is Pete's baby and the difference in the D come down to the talent they have on hand. Quinn was truly blessed with exceptional talent that Bradley and Norton didn't have. Norton has especially been cursed with mediocre talent. I just shake my head at posters who curse him all season for playing it safe all season and not blitzing to get some pressure on the QB, totally flip flop when in the playoffs he did just that. Now he's a fool for blitzing and just terrible. Doesn't make a lot of difference who the DC is in Seattle, they just need better talent to make it work.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ball was at the 20 yard line with 3 minutes left. He could’ve knelt 3 times and still had a chip shot fg to win the game. It was retarded to do anything to risk it.

Because they ended up much further away with the dumb play calls that stopped the clock!...I forgot they were that close to start the series!! Thought it was the 30.

If he never gets a ring as a HC, that will eat at him for the rest of his days....I know it would me.

The majority of the city was ready to move on from Quinn...Blank gave him another yr off the finish.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why Blank gave Quinn 1 more year but i wouldve been fine moving on to.

Atlanta is 43-37 under Quinn which is just ok. Injuries have certainly impacted the last 2 years but every team has injuries and part of a coaches job is roster depth .

As to Ryan the narrative on him would be far different if the D hadnt collapsed in the SB. The guy is likely going to end up top 3-5 all time in pretty much every major QB stat by the time he retires ( maybe higher in some ). Basically the only difference between Ryan and Brees through their age 35 year is Brees' D didnt blow his SB.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why Blank gave Quinn 1 more year but i wouldve been fine moving on to.

Atlanta is 43-37 under Quinn which is just ok. Injuries have certainly impacted the last 2 years but every team has injuries and part of a coaches job is roster depth .

As to Ryan the narrative on him would be far different if the D hadnt collapsed in the SB. The guy is likely going to end up top 3-5 all time in pretty much every major QB stat by the time he retires ( maybe higher in some ). Basically the only difference between Ryan and Brees through their age 35 year is Brees' D didnt blow his SB.

He also didn’t keep his defense off the field.

And he’ll get penalized for an incorrectly ruled fumble which should’ve been just an incomplete pass and a punt. That alone would’ve won the game for them.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also didn’t keep his defense off the field.

And he’ll get penalized for an incorrectly ruled fumble which should’ve been just an incomplete pass and a punt. That alone would’ve won the game for them.
First part is only kind of true imo. Atlanta only had 2 possessions after it was 28-12 and one of the 2 was a drive deep into NE territory. My only issue with Ryan in that game is that he didnt audible to a run after the holding call pushed the ball to the 30 on 3rd down but its tough to blame a guy for trusting his teammates.

Ryan will be an interesting HoF case if he never wins a SB. All the personal stats and accolades will be there but not the 1 big team one. Of course theres lots of QBs in the HoF without rings so we shall see . Hopefully he gets another crack

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan got 100's on his coaching ability at Florida. Not straight A's but definitely about a 4.1 to 4.3 on a 4.0 scale.

We will take him back.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First part is only kind of true imo. Atlanta only had 2 possessions after it was 28-12 and one of the 2 was a drive deep into NE territory. My only issue with Ryan in that game is that he didnt audible to a run after the holding call pushed the ball to the 30 on 3rd down but its tough to blame a guy for trusting his teammates.

Ryan will be an interesting HoF case if he never wins a SB. All the personal stats and accolades will be there but not the 1 big team one. Of course theres lots of QBs in the HoF without rings so we shall see . Hopefully he gets another crack

and the other was the game changing fumble.

that was the play to audible to a run. Convert that 3rd and short. A few more minutes come off the clock. Even if you punt it’s not a short field. It’s game over.

Taking the sack was brutal. The official 3 feet from the play missing the most blatant Facemask In nfl history on the same play as the holding call (would’ve offset) was huge.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the other was the game changing fumble.

that was the play to audible to a run. Convert that 3rd and short. A few more minutes come off the clock. Even if you punt it’s not a short field. It’s game over.

Taking the sack was brutal. The official 3 feet from the play missing the most blatant Facemask In nfl history on the same play as the holding call (would’ve offset) was huge.
Yep the confluence of events that all had to happen for NE to win that game is pretty staggering. There are like 8-10 crazy plays in the last 15 where if ANY of them had happened differently the Pats wouldve never even had a chance to tie the game let alone win it

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the confluence of events that all had to happen for NE to win that game is pretty staggering. There are like 8-10 crazy plays in the last 15 where if ANY of them had happened differently the Pats wouldve never even had a chance to tie the game let alone win it

the nfl wasn’t going to let that game be a blowout.

my he review of the pass and laughably calling a fumble proved that.

plus the ignoring of the facemask and the holding calls on Atlanta while calling zero on them for mugging Jarrett all night...it was embarrassing to the nfl.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes indeed. The defense is Pete's baby and the difference in the D come down to the talent they have on hand. Quinn was truly blessed with exceptional talent that Bradley and Norton didn't have. Norton has especially been cursed with mediocre talent. I just shake my head at posters who curse him all season for playing it safe all season and not blitzing to get some pressure on the QB, totally flip flop when in the playoffs he did just that. Now he's a fool for blitzing and just terrible. Doesn't make a lot of difference who the DC is in Seattle, they just need better talent to make it work.

I think a little better scheme is needed. Can't stay in a 4-3 the entire game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but when KJ is getting toasted, need to change up to the nickel.
Going into the season 4 players were vying for the nickel position.
Kalan Reed, Akeem King, Jamar Taylor and Ugo Amadi just saying you need players that you feel can at least not fall flat on their face, before you use them.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the season 4 players were vying for the nickel position.
Kalan Reed, Akeem King, Jamar Taylor and Ugo Amadi just saying you need players that you feel can at least not fall flat on their face, before you use them.

But could one of those 4 listed have more speed than KJ?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But could one of those 4 listed have more speed than KJ?
Maybe, most likely even, but can they play the position? Bottom line is the Seahawks need to keep adding talent before things can get better and they will.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say this slowly so you can understand ok?

Stay

Away

From

The

Computer

When

You

Are

Drunk

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, most likely even, but can they play the position? Bottom line is the Seahawks need to keep adding talent before things can get better and they will.

I agree about adding more talent but when we see the same thing happening over and over, a change of scheme is needed. Not saying it would work but something different would be a nice change.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about adding more talent but when we see the same thing happening over and over, a change of scheme is needed. Not saying it would work but something different would be a nice change.

Some stats for you:
Why are the Seahawks playing so much base defense in 2019? It all starts with the run

Last year, teams around the NFL were in a base defense just 25% of the time. Seattle pretty much followed suit, using its base defense 34% of the time and in a nickel or dime defense 63% (stats from FootballOutsiders.com).

So they were in nickel or dime 63% of the time. Does that stat surprise you? I'm thinking it does.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stats for you:
Why are the Seahawks playing so much base defense in 2019? It all starts with the run

Last year, teams around the NFL were in a base defense just 25% of the time. Seattle pretty much followed suit, using its base defense 34% of the time and in a nickel or dime defense 63% (stats from FootballOutsiders.com).

So they were in nickel or dime 63% of the time. Does that stat surprise you? I'm thinking it does.

A nickel package with 3 LBs on the field is fine if they can slow down the crossing routes. I get Pete wants to stop the run but that middle part of the field got hammered. They do need to draft better to fill these positions.