• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Happens If............

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95% of NFL fans are spending this day having their BVDs laundered. But......................................

What happens if the New England Patriots just happen to win 13 games in 2015 and have the home field advantage for the playoffs? What happens if the NE Patriots win the AFC Championship? What happens if the NE Patriots win their 5th Super Bowl? Perish the thought...!!

I'll tell you what will happen...........................nothing any different than what has happened since the Patriots lost the Super Bowl in 2007.................Cheaters, losers, cheatriots......won because of Spygate, won because of Deflategate.

No one sees what's happening now........Belichick is putting together the pieces to reinforce the Patriots and not miss a beat. Brady suspended for 2 or 4 games, doesn't matter. Belichick always says, we play with what have. Bill spent all of February re-reading the rule book that no other coach has apparently ever read. He's planning on taking advantage of a couple of other rules this year. Most of them will be tested in.....
Game 5

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting commentary in Deadspin:

Goodell has been getting away with his arbitrary and unjustifiable judgments for a long time, because he’s always known he has the backing of the handful of owners that matter. Now he’s going after one of them, and that bears close watching. It’s still early in this farce, but no marionette has ever been well-served by attacking its own puppeteer.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist but based on recent events who can blame me? To answer Ken's question: I do not believe the Patriots will be allowed to make it back to the Super Bowl. If they get into the playoff's they will have the ref's firmly against them. There will be several very bad calls that the NFL will later explain away and the rest of the football world will yell "good enough for them cheaters".

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist but based on recent events who can blame me? To answer Ken's question: I do not believe the Patriots will be allowed to make it back to the Super Bowl. If they get into the playoff's they will have the ref's firmly against them. There will be several very bad calls that the NFL will later explain away and the rest of the football world will yell "good enough for them cheaters".

kind of eats away at the whole 'integrity of the game' bullshit they keep spewing out then.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has fucked NE in many ways this yr. No QB hoping they finish out of the playoffs. Then take a 1st rd pick which would have been in the 20's if they missed the playoffs this yr. Now they are preventing them from getting better at a certain position for the next 5yrs. This was done to make sure NE and SB are not on the same page for the next 5 yrs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has fucked NE in many ways this yr. No QB hoping they finish out of the playoffs. Then take a 1st rd pick which would have been in the 20's if they missed the playoffs this yr. Now they are preventing them from getting better at a certain position for the next 5yrs. This was done to make sure NE and SB are not on the same page for the next 5 yrs.
But it won't work. The Patriots are the best organization in sports. This is a setback - not the end.