• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Real Expectation for 2023

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not turn this discussion into a continuous green fint.

What are your expectations for the Patriots in 2023. What do you really think that this team can achieve?

I'll start with a stupid assumption that no team has any injuries and will be pretty much playing the same guys in week 18 as they did in week 1.

First, there are at least five teams that have a much better roster as we sit here in the second week of May, probably six or seven.

My expectation of 2023 is that they will not finish better than 8-9 and will miss the playoffs for the second year in a row. The schedule will be brutal and by week fifteen, they will be gasping for breath with the finish line in sight.

I believe that they will achieve that 8-9 record with a tremendous season and some great football. I think a couple of very frustrating losses by as little as 1 to 3 points will cause more than a few of us to require some dental repair work. Come February 2024, we'll all be saying IF about two or three games and how the Patriots COULD have been 10-7 or 11-6 and made the playoffs but didn't. We'll all think we know what has to be done in free agency and the draft.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I feel they have one more year in rebuild mode, which is to say IMO this team is not yet a playoff caliber team. New OC will help, I believe the offense will be better and the Red Zone efficiency will improve. We have a tough schedule which bodes well for next season, we will start off slow but improve as the season goes on. I too feel 8-9 is a reasonable guess with 9-8 or 10-7 within reach but still leaving them short of a playoff berth.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there will be a few of those close games that will go our was this year and will not come down to the final play to do it.
The Pats will make the playoffs and maybe win a game.
Won't break my heart

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought provoking and insightful write up. Well done sir!
The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are your expectations for the Patriots in 2023. What do you really think that this team can achieve?

I'll start with a stupid assumption that no team has any injuries and will be pretty much playing the same guys in week 18 as they did in week 1.

First, there are at least five teams that have a much better roster as we sit here in the second week of May, probably six or seven.

My expectation of 2023 is that they will not finish better than 8-9 and will miss the playoffs for the second year in a row. The schedule will be brutal and by week fifteen, they will be gasping for breath with the finish line in sight.

I believe that they will achieve that 8-9 record with a tremendous season and some great football. I think a couple of very frustrating losses by as little as 1 to 3 points will cause more than a few of us to require some dental repair work. Come February 2024, we'll all be saying IF about two or three games and how the Patriots COULD have been 10-7 or 11-6 and made the playoffs but didn't. We'll all think we know what has to be done in free agency and the draft.
10-7.
B'OB will make even more of a difference than you imagine. Coaching was that bad.
I believe we have the makings of a very dangerous team. Watch and see!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you really create a thread so you can repeat what you stated in other threads? Does separating it into a new thread somehow make it seem more meaningful?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-7.
B'OB will make even more of a difference than you imagine. Coaching was that bad.
I believe we have the makings of a very dangerous team. Watch and see!

Bullseye! Last years offense absolutely fucking SUCKED due to coaching and that has been addressed in a major way. Even if we fielded the exact same team as last year we win several more games just based on coaching.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were a horrible lateral and a goal line fumble away from being in the playoffs. 10-7 easily.

"Bill O’Brien is back and carrying a new bag of tricks from his Alabama getaway. This offense can sensibly grind out games behind a brilliant defense. You’ll ask: But what about the Dolphins, Jets and Bills? My thought is that this division may end up collapsing in on itself a little bit. There are a lot of heavyweight punchers here, each of which have some very talented but fatal flaws. The Dolphins, for example, are going to have a tough time not burning themselves out. The Bills are dependent on reinventing themselves around an intentionally less mobile Josh Allen. The Jets’ title hopes rest on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers, who may be great and newly motivated. He is also flirting with age 40 and may be starting to show it. "

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Bill O’Brien is back and carrying a new bag of tricks from his Alabama getaway. This offense can sensibly grind out games behind a brilliant defense. You’ll ask: But what about the Dolphins, Jets and Bills? My thought is that this division may end up collapsing in on itself a little bit. There are a lot of heavyweight punchers here, each of which have some very talented but fatal flaws. The Dolphins, for example, are going to have a tough time not burning themselves out. The Bills are dependent on reinventing themselves around an intentionally less mobile Josh Allen. The Jets’ title hopes rest on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers, who may be great and newly motivated. He is also flirting with age 40 and may be starting to show it. "
Of course the Pats could win the AFC the question at this point is are they the favorites? I don't think they are at this point. IMO the running order would be.

Bills
Phins
Pats
Jests.

Bills: We have to assume their window is closing and they were not exactly putting teams to be last year. The division has caught up to them and we may see them dip this year.

Phins: On paper should be super dangerous can Tua get past week two? One more concussion and he may have to consider another career. They are fast real fast but a lot depends on the QB. Healthy Tua with those WRs I can see the Phins winning the division

Pats: Defense was already good and IMO may be better this year. We now have BOB and a real O Line Coach. BB went hard to improve the O Line and it may show. WR grouping with TEs could be very good, I see a lot of two TE sets this year. This group could be better than we think. Run game will be solid enough to keep the offense balanced. We moved the ball last year and failed in the RZ I feel BOB will damn sure improve that and the defense is solid.

Jests: Well the media seem to think Rodgers will save the Jets and maybe he will, maybe they can finally beat the Pats. I have not been impressed with Rodgers over the last two or three years. But he is still a damn good QB when his head is on straight.

This division is better than people are willing to admit and it could be a toss. Pats have a brutal schedule and I feel that works against them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Pats could win the AFC the question at this point is are they the favorites? I don't think they are at this point. IMO the running order would be.

Bills
Phins
Pats
Jests.

Bills: We have to assume their window is closing and they were not exactly putting teams to be last year. The division has caught up to them and we may see them dip this year.

Phins: On paper should be super dangerous can Tua get past week two? One more concussion and he may have to consider another career. They are fast real fast but a lot depends on the QB. Healthy Tua with those WRs I can see the Phins winning the division

Pats: Defense was already good and IMO may be better this year. We now have BOB and a real O Line Coach. BB went hard to improve the O Line and it may show. WR grouping with TEs could be very good, I see a lot of two TE sets this year. This group could be better than we think. Run game will be solid enough to keep the offense balanced. We moved the ball last year and failed in the RZ I feel BOB will damn sure improve that and the defense is solid.

Jests: Well the media seem to think Rodgers will save the Jets and maybe he will, maybe they can finally beat the Pats. I have not been impressed with Rodgers over the last two or three years. But he is still a damn good QB when his head is on straight.

This division is better than people are willing to admit and it could be a toss. Pats have a brutal schedule and I feel that works against them.
Well thought out!
Note: All 4 teams have the same basic schedule - just shuffled differently.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thought out!
Yeah I am aware of how the schedule works I just meant it as people are not giving the Pats a chance and scheduling does not help

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thought out!
Just minor variables.
Playing Miami in Miami in early September vs Late October and beyond can have an effect, with the opposite also being true, Miami coming north at the end of the season.
The schedule could very well benefit one vs another
I don't know the Dolphins schedule, But if Buffalo had to go there early in the season and New England and New York did not, that is an advantage for both of the other northern AFCE teams.
And if Buffalo had to, again hypothetically, play the second game at home in early October on a warm fall day, while Miami traveled north to the other two teams in December, they would have little home field advantage while the other two may in fact enjoy a weather related advantage.