• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happens to the Bills vs. Bengals game?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I go with what Joe Burrow says. You should improve as the season goes on, because you have gelled as a unit and worked together all season. You should be hot at the end of the season as you make your way to the playoffs, not limping in on a 2 - 3 game losing streak before the playoffs.
In 2017 the Eagles limped into the playoffs with a back up QB having lost an awful game to the Raiders on Christmas night and they still won a Super Bowl. Every year the top teams rest people and drop a contest. In fact, the 2nd most recent time the Eagles made the Super Bowl they dropped 2 of their last 3 games.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The merry-go-round of this spectacle continues:

Can you blame them. They show compassion, and want to make sure the rest of the Bills are safe and not playing a physical game with their minds not being in it, and then we get hosed on a possible coin flip? A rule changed in the middle of the season when a rule is already in place on how to handle a cancelled game? It won't get any traction, but whatever. Good for Katie Blackburn trying.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2017 the Eagles limped into the playoffs with a back up QB having lost an awful game to the Raiders on Christmas night and they still won a Super Bowl. Every year the top teams rest people and drop a contest. In fact, the 2nd most recent time the Eagles made the Super Bowl they dropped 2 of their last 3 games.
Then I guess your team is prepared. See you in the Superbowl. :)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you blame them. They show compassion, and want to make sure the rest of the Bills are safe and not playing a physical game with their minds not being in it, and then we get hosed on a possible coin flip? A rule changed in the middle of the season when a rule is already in place on how to handle a cancelled game? It won't get any traction, but whatever. Good for Katie Blackburn trying.
Not at all. This little stunt the committee pulled with the Ravens scenario is, as far as football can be concerned anyways, pretty outrageous.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the AFC North, how in the hell is Mike Tomlin in a position to grift another 7 seed this year? Skylar Thompson led Dolphins against the Jets defense and the Patriots against the Bills?

Mike Tomlin might be a warlock.
The NFL is too easy for him. He obviously keeps Matt Canada around just to make things fair and he still finds a way to make the playoffs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I guess your team is prepared. See you in the Superbowl. :)
That’s pretty sweet that you have tickets for the Chiefs or Bills Super Bowl vs the Eagles. Haven’t you been paying attention? The league hates an inconsequential Midwest town in the middle of Bumblefuck USA so we can assume that the league will move mountains in collusion against the Bengals. They’d never let them go. They’ll just employ non stop shenanigans. I heard the officiating crew from Remember the Titans is on standby should they be needed.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team is going to play them in a football game this weekend. And if you can beat an incomplete flawed team with their back up QB you don’t have to worry about a coin flip.
It was a joke.

I wouldn't mind our chances against Baltimore - I don't like that we don't know if it counts until Friday of game week after the week these players already had. I just can't imagine them being mentally prepared in the same way you would normally be for a division championship game.

Truth be told, even if the Bengals lost this week and lost the coin toss, I would still like the match-up against them in Baltimore in the playoffs. I think its clear that they are playing much better football over the second half of the season and I think they would win. But, nothing is guaranteed. And I don't like that the Bengals are screwed out of revenue for a regular season game, could be screwed out for a playoff game, would still have a lower draft pick and would still have the first place schedule next year. It doesn't make sense.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s pretty sweet that you have tickets for the Chiefs or Bills Super Bowl vs the Eagles. Haven’t you been paying attention? The league hates an inconsequential Midwest town in the middle of Bumblefuck USA so we can assume that the league will move mountains in collusion against the Bengals. They’d never let them go. They’ll just employ non stop shenanigans. I heard the officiating crew from Remember the Titans is on standby should they be needed.
Umm..... Have you ever watched a Green Bay game? As far as "consequential" markets go.... Kansas City is a fraction bigger than the Cincinnati market. Buffalo has a smaller market than Cincinnati.

Lets be honest - You can throw shit about midwestern cities, but Philly is not some sort of privileged city when it comes media marketing. More like a little brother in shadow of the real market.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is too easy for him. He obviously keeps Matt Canada around just to make things fair and he still finds a way to make the playoffs.
We're all arguing as if the Steelers and Kenny da god Pickett isn't obviously winning the SB through pure devil magic.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all arguing as if the Steelers and Kenny da god Pickett isn't obviously winning the SB through pure devil magic.
Generally from what I've seen with overachieving 'devil magic' teams is that they'll put up one really good fight but then the NFL equivalent of Peter Principle kicks in and they get blown out by whoever is left in the top tier.

The real dark horse teams to worry about are preseason favorites getting healthy and playing well like the Chargers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm..... Have you ever watched a Green Bay game? As far as "consequential" markets go.... Kansas City is a fraction bigger than the Cincinnati market. Buffalo has a smaller market than Cincinnati.

Lets be honest - You can throw shit about midwestern cities, but Philly is not some sort of privileged city when it comes media marketing. More like a little brother in shadow of the real market.
4th biggest sports market in the country behind NY, LA and Chicago.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th biggest sports market in the country behind NY, LA and Chicago.
I thought Houston was up there. Still, Philly and the NFC East in general are the teams the NFL would love to have successful. Cowboys are still routinely the biggest draw in the NFL as far as I can tell.

I do think the idea that the NFL would root against Joe Burrow in any way is absurd. He went to a big SEC powerhouse, #1 overall pick, confident white QB with the big accurate arm. Looks like he is 12, acts like a leader.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Houston was up there. Still, Philly and the NFC East in general are the teams the NFL would love to have successful. Cowboys are still routinely the biggest draw in the NFL as far as I can tell.

I do think the idea that the NFL would root against Joe Burrow in any way is absurd. He went to a big SEC powerhouse, #1 overall pick, confident white QB with the big accurate arm. Looks like he is 12, acts like a leader.
Actually Dallas Fort Worth is the 5th largest market.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the top market with only one team per major sport.....
Never thought of that but yes that’s true. Chicago really only has this apply to baseball though.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical shafting of the Bengals. We'll probably be playing a playoff game in London or Mexico.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical shafting of the Bengals. We'll probably be playing a playoff game in London or Mexico.
I don’t know. I don’t think there’s much of a draw internationally for the Bungles.