• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happens to the Bills vs. Bengals game?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats funny is this hasnt been approved yet so everyone getting their panties in a wad ova something that may happen

The league will formally vote on the proposal Friday, but we would expect it to pass. :suds:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the owner doesn't know how to maximize team value based on his market? Either that or Philly fans suck ass. I don't know which. LOL

Just messing with you, please don't go on a tirade.
I’m just trying to figure out why people are fixated on other people’s money they have no access to.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. What does this mean?
Just making the point that Philly isn't some sort of sacred cow in the NFL offices. There are only a few privileged franchises in the NFL - Most other teams are treated the same.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just making the point that Philly isn't some sort of sacred cow in the NFL offices. There are only a few privileged franchises in the NFL - Most other teams are treated the same.
Nice! You beat the fuck out of that straw man!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a remarkably dumb fan. A week of rest is nice. When that turns into 3 weeks until the team plays a game then that turns into a negative.
It just does okay!
Lol what a clown

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s pretty sweet that you have tickets for the Chiefs or Bills Super Bowl vs the Eagles. Haven’t you been paying attention? The league hates an inconsequential Midwest town in the middle of Bumblefuck USA so we can assume that the league will move mountains in collusion against the Bengals. They’d never let them go. They’ll just employ non stop shenanigans. I heard the officiating crew from Remember the Titans is on standby should they be needed.

Nice! You beat the fuck out of that straw man!
Umm.... Why wasn't it the same strawman when you started the conversation?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm.... Why wasn't it the same strawman when you started the conversation?
You may want to check your sarcasm detector. It may be on the fritz.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Done deal. The owners choose to break precedent and create unneeded complexity. Good for them.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why is 1 a coin flip and the other isnt NFL is run by idiots:suds:

The NFL owners have voted for the proposed changes to the playoffs following the cancellation of the Week 17 game between Cincinnati and Buffalo.​

With Cincinnati and Buffalo getting their Week 17 matchup declared a no-contest, both teams are left with far worse playoff scenarios because of the missing game. To remedy this, the league has made it so that if either team loses out on a shot to earn the No .1 seed because of the cancelation, their potential matchup with the Chiefs in the playoffs will be played on a neutral field. If Baltimore wins and is scheduled to face the Bengals in the Wild Card Round, who gets home-field advantage will be determined by a coin-flip.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in other words: NFL to players/owners - you better finish games regardless of what happens on the field....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in other words: NFL to players/owners - you better finish games regardless of what happens on the field....
It is what it is.

The absolute second-best thing (!st being #3's progress) we should hope for is the actual players & coaches on the field Monday night tell the nation what went down after the ambulance left the field.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is.

The absolute second-best thing (!st being #3's progress) we should hope for is the actual players & coaches on the field Monday night tell the nation what went down after the ambulance left the field.
Yep - in the future - drag the man off the field and keep playing - or else...

Maybe time for the entire organization to suddenly "come down" with Covid....create their own little bye before the playoffs - and screw it if they have to go on the road....go full scorched earth mode....LOL

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - in the future - drag the man off the field and keep playing - or else...

Maybe time for the entire organization to suddenly "come down" with Covid....create their own little bye before the playoffs - and screw it if they have to go on the road....go full scorched earth mode....LOL
My point.

Drag the league office through the mud. Expose the leagues position Monday night. A position, I'm pretty sure the NFL office applied pressure for the two teams to get back on the field and play the game. The NFL is about money and public perception in order to grow money (maximize revenues year over year for our smarter folks). Let the public decide after seeing the emotions on the players faces Monday when everyone knew he was NOT breathing. Every single player I've heard interviewed (past or present) since Monday has said the same. Seen tons of shit on the field, never seen that.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point.

Drag the league office through the mud. Expose the leagues position Monday night. A position, I'm pretty sure the NFL office applied pressure for the two teams to get back on the field and play the game. The NFL is about money and public perception in order to grow money (maximize revenues year over year for our smarter folks). Let the public decide after seeing the emotions on the players faces Monday when everyone knew he was NOT breathing. Every single player I've heard interviewed (past or present) since Monday has said the same. Seen tons of shit on the field, never seen that.
The Bengals (and their coach) role here is very important. If they would have played that game, there is no way Buffalo recovers and plays up to their level. While it would impact Bengal players, it wouldn't have been anything like the impact on Bills players.

It's not magnanimous to acknowledge good behavior when you see it - The Bengals coaches and players did the right thing in a difficult moment. The league changed a rule that explicitly helped one team on that field on Monday and hurt the other.