• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Real Expectation for 2023

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I mostly agree with you. The Phins have arguably the best WR and CB Corps in the league. Bills are still very solid. And for me it's a toss up between Pats and Jests

That is correct but @BigKen brought up a good point though... The health of Tua but I still am not sold completely that the Patriots won't finish last but yes, Numbnuts Patricia isn't calling the plays anymore

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is correct but @BigKen brought up a good point though... The health of Tua but I still am not sold completely that the Patriots won't finish last but yes, Numbnuts Patricia isn't calling the plays anymore
Its a fools errand to suppose a player will get hurt. I am basing it off what teams have now at the ready

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a fools errand to suppose a player will get hurt. I am basing it off what teams have now at the ready

Oh I know. But this is Tua we are talking about... It will only take one good hit... (Yes you can say that for any player)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I mostly agree with you. The Phins have arguably the best WR and CB Corps in the league. Bills are still very solid. And for me it's a toss up between Pats and Jests
Dolphins CB Corpse is cursed!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will split div 3-3. AFCE looks more competitive than it has in a long time. If Pats can get back to limiting mistakes and penalties, they should have a decent year. Not buying the losing record narrative, think they will end up around 11 wins.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaah, yes. The time of year when everybody loves their team.
2 days before our 1st pre-season game, how are we doing?
Defense looks ready to play.
Offense needs some more work.
RB? We could use another RB. Zeke or ? How about we pick up some young wheels after cut down to 53?
WR's - we might be very good or ??????
QB, My opinion is we are good there.
TE's? Looking good there with B'OB coaching. How many do we keep?
IOL? We're styling
OT's? They're just not out there. Will Sidy Sow learn the position in time? Are our backups up to starting/rotating?
I cannot see us signing a starting OT at this time. Maybe a player on last year of contract? Have to pay dearly!
I'd like to see some efficient offense come Thursday please!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tom Curran who is in Green Bay, EE will be on the field for practice today in the joint practice against the Packers.

According to Phil Perry, the starters will play at least one quarter against the Packers. If things really go well, expect some, if not all to play the first half. Expect very liberal substitutions to allow rookies, etc, a chance to show what they can do with the starters. If it goes to shit quick, expect liberal substitutions, including QB very quickly. Perry doesn't believe that BB will have a lot of patience. He does believe that the OL will have at least three starters.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tom Curran who is in Green Bay, EE will be on the field for practice today in the joint practice against the Packers.

According to Phil Perry, the starters will play at least one quarter against the Packers. If things really go well, expect some, if not all to play the first half. Expect very liberal substitutions to allow rookies, etc, a chance to show what they can do with the starters. If it goes to shit quick, expect liberal substitutions, including QB very quickly. Perry doesn't believe that BB will have a lot of patience. He does believe that the OL will have at least three starters.
They should play at least one quarter. Personally, my biggest concern is still O-Line and Red Zone efficiency. We were able to move the ball up and down the field last year, but RZ play was horrible. Liberal subs make a lot of sense, and I don't think reflects a lot, coaches have to know how players perform it's that simple.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report from Green Bay.

First full three-hour practice of the year for the Patriots.

Middle hour was 11 on 11 with offenses against defenses.

First hour and twenty minutes were clean. Patriots' offense was very vanilla, but very effective. Then came 1. Illegal Motion 2. Holding 3. Offensive Pass Interference. All in a row, Offense went downhill from there. Depending on who you hear, Mac was sacked 3 times or 5 times. Zappe was sacked 6 times or 8 times.

Trent Brown was in at LT and Mafi was in at LG. Andrews at Center and Siddy Sow at RT. RG was Sow when Reiff or McDermott were at RT. Otherwise RG was a rotation. They held up well for an hour and then the ship started to sink. Question was: Too long a practice session? Longest practice so far at Gillette has been 1:45. Physically not ready to play for three hours?

Packers'kers offense tried to pick on Christian Gonzalez. They had minimal success as he took away (defended) two TDs. A third one he defended and it was caught out of bounds of the end zone and it was still celebrated by the Packers team and a full house of fans for practice. Defense overall is really starting form up and communicate well.

Summary: Offense has a long time to go and not much tim to get there. Defense looks ready to start the season.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report from Green Bay.

First full three-hour practice of the year for the Patriots.

Middle hour was 11 on 11 with offenses against defenses.

First hour and twenty minutes were clean. Patriots' offense was very vanilla, but very effective. Then came 1. Illegal Motion 2. Holding 3. Offensive Pass Interference. All in a row, Offense went downhill from there. Depending on who you hear, Mac was sacked 3 times or 5 times. Zappe was sacked 6 times or 8 times.

Trent Brown was in at LT and Mafi was in at LG. Andrews at Center and Siddy Sow at RT. RG was Sow when Reiff or McDermott were at RT. Otherwise RG was a rotation. They held up well for an hour and then the ship started to sink. Question was: Too long a practice session? Longest practice so far at Gillette has been 1:45. Physically not ready to play for three hours?

Packers'kers offense tried to pick on Christian Gonzalez. They had minimal success as he took away (defended) two TDs. A third one he defended and it was caught out of bounds of the end zone and it was still celebrated by the Packers team and a full house of fans for practice. Defense overall is really starting form up and communicate well.

Summary: Offense has a long time to go and not much tim to get there. Defense looks ready to start the season.
Still sounds better than last year, and I'll take it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New England Patriots NFL Futures Odds​

Bet $100
  • Odds to Win the Super Bowl: +5500 = $550,000
  • Odds to Make the Playoffs: +285
Actually win $5500 if they win SB and I would take a shot if it was 550k. But I think they miss the playoffs, so not gonna waste a hunge. Hope all is well Ken!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually win $5500 if they win SB and I would take a shot if it was 550k. But I think they miss the playoffs, so not gonna waste a hunge. Hope all is well Ken!!
Hey Sonny, welcome back. Hope all well with you also. I'll probably wager $100 on making the playoffs. $285,000 will give me a swimming pool next year. Take the house from the mid 5s to the mid 7s in my neighborhood.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sonny, welcome back. Hope all well with you also. I'll probably wager $100 on making the playoffs. $285,000 will give me a swimming pool next year. Take the house from the mid 5s to the mid 7s in my neighborhood.
Thanks Ken appreciate it and yes all good, son just graduated from UConn Dental and is a dentist now!!! But you need to wager 100k to make that payday. $100 bet will get you a nice kiddie pool from Walmart lol