• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Real Expectation for 2023

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please read this in green.
Free Jack Jones!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A non factor in my opinion.
16 games may take a greater toll on the players but it does so across all teams.
If anything, It may make it easier for a team that starts out hot to finish hot and fend off late risers going in to the playoffs.

Shula had 9 one & done in the playoffs. With 19 years out of 33 going to the playoffs
Bill has had 4 one & done with 19 seasons going to the playoffs out of 28.

Bill gets his team to the playoffs more often than Shula did and did more in the post season when there.
My point being is Shula had two less games per season to accomplish it.

Not a Shula fan, just putting that out there

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"My “Patriots Will Win the Division” take has already caused enough problems for me to back away from. So it goes; I don’t want to back down from it, anyway. As I’ve said in several different ways, I think the possibility of the Patriots getting back to some semblance of successful autopilot offensively now that Bill O’Brien is calling plays again is just as believable as Aaron Rodgers turning the Jets into a juggernaut, the Bills remaining effective enough to win the division or the Dolphins remaining injury-free. Whether or not we all care to admit it, those are all major question marks, too. New England’s so-called “slump” included a lost COVID year with a massive chunk of opt-outs and Cam Newton as their quarterback; a season with Mac Jones in which he was the best rookie quarterback in the NFL and notched a playoff berth; and a bad run that featured a confusing hierarchy of first-time playcallers in Matt Patricia and Joe Judge. The Patriots are still the Patriots. They just took a little detour into the kind of favoritism and cronyism that inevitably clips teams’ successes over a long period of time. We are out of those weeds. Or, it’s just as likely we are out of those weeds as Rodgers is to become the consummate teaching teammate."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"My “Patriots Will Win the Division” take has already caused enough problems for me to back away from. So it goes; I don’t want to back down from it, anyway. As I’ve said in several different ways, I think the possibility of the Patriots getting back to some semblance of successful autopilot offensively now that Bill O’Brien is calling plays again is just as believable as Aaron Rodgers turning the Jets into a juggernaut, the Bills remaining effective enough to win the division or the Dolphins remaining injury-free. Whether or not we all care to admit it, those are all major question marks, too. New England’s so-called “slump” included a lost COVID year with a massive chunk of opt-outs and Cam Newton as their quarterback; a season with Mac Jones in which he was the best rookie quarterback in the NFL and notched a playoff berth; and a bad run that featured a confusing hierarchy of first-time playcallers in Matt Patricia and Joe Judge. The Patriots are still the Patriots. They just took a little detour into the kind of favoritism and cronyism that inevitably clips teams’ successes over a long period of time. We are out of those weeds. Or, it’s just as likely we are out of those weeds as Rodgers is to become the consummate teaching teammate."
Kenny Powers Finger Guns GIF by MOODMAN

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still left wondering if we finsih last in the division. I know hopes are high but there are at least two teams I feel are better than we are

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still left wondering if we finsih last in the division. I know hopes are high but there are at least two teams I feel are better than we are
Fair question but I think our team is going to surprise a lot of people - maybe even shock a few other teams.
I have been known to be optimistic......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair question but I think our team is going to surprise a lot of people - maybe even shock a few other teams.
Well I think we are all optimistic, beats the helll out of being pessimistic. This year to me has a very unknown feel to it. The possibilities are real but it's a tough division.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, every team is trying to get better every year but...

The Pats lost 4 games at least to last minute mistakes or just spotting the opposition the whole first half.

Green bay should have never gone into OT.
Vikings was a late game mistake that then allowed Minnesota to score.
Raiders was a last second lateral to Chandler Jones for a TD instead of falling on the ball for OT.
Cincinnati they went scoreless the entire first half then tried to come from behind and fell just a play or two shy.

Dolphins, down 17-0 at the half. Lost by 13
Baltimore, an early start.
Bears spotted two scores to start.
Raiders, down 17-3 at the half. Lost on a game ending INT.
Bengals, 22-0. Almost brought it back.

If they can clean up just a few of those mistakes there is an easy 4 wins. Players were bitching about Patricia last year before the season even started. They are all praising BOB. Fortified OL. Some better weapons. Red zone production was a issue last year.

With an improved defense too, I can see them easily going 11-6 or 12-5.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we will. I could be pleasantly surprised but I think this is the year the Pats finish last

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we will. I could be pleasantly surprised but I think this is the year the Pats
Granted, every team is trying to get better every year but...

The Pats lost 4 games at least to last minute mistakes or just spotting the opposition the whole first half.

Green bay should have never gone into OT.
Vikings was a late game mistake that then allowed Minnesota to score.
Raiders was a last second lateral to Chandler Jones for a TD instead of falling on the ball for OT.
Cincinnati they went scoreless the entire first half then tried to come from behind and fell just a play or two shy.

Dolphins, down 17-0 at the half. Lost by 13
Baltimore, an early start.
Bears spotted two scores to start.
Raiders, down 17-3 at the half. Lost on a game ending INT.
Bengals, 22-0. Almost brought it back.

If they can clean up just a few of those mistakes there is an easy 4 wins. Players were bitching about Patricia last year before the season even started. They are all praising BOB. Fortified OL. Some better weapons. Red zone production was a issue last year.

With an improved defense too, I can see them easily going 11-6 or 12-5.
Damnit! Great points!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will. I could be pleasantly surprised but I think this is the year the Pats finish last
And I mostly agree with you. The Phins have arguably the best WR and CB Corps in the league. Bills are still very solid. And for me it's a toss up between Pats and Jests

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I mostly agree with you. The Phins have arguably the best WR and CB Corps in the league. Bills are still very solid. And for me it's a toss up between Pats and Jests
Fins are in until Tua takes a shot to the Noggin. If he gets concussed, he's D-O-N-E.

Jets are as much as mystery as the Patriots. Will AR put them over the top or Flash, Dash and then Crash?

Bills still seem to be the cream, but they're starting to curdle a bit. Allen has dodged serious injury for the last three years. If he tries to run for another 800 yards in 2023, he'll be riding in a cart before he gets 400.

We all know health is the common denominator. Rogers is 39. Tua has brain injury issues. Allen is ticking. Mac is a mystery.

Question.........Who has the best back-up in their stable. If all four of the above go down, Zappe will carry the Patriots to the top of the AFCE.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins are in until Tua takes a shot to the Noggin. If he gets concussed, he's D-O-N-E.

Jets are as much as mystery as the Patriots. Will AR put them over the top or Flash, Dash and then Crash?

Bills still seem to be the cream, but they're starting to curdle a bit. Allen has dodged serious injury for the last three years. If he tries to run for another 800 yards in 2023, he'll be riding in a cart before he gets 400.

We all know health is the common denominator. Rogers is 39. Tua has brain injury issues. Allen is ticking. Mac is a mystery.

Question.........Who has the best back-up in their stable. If all four of the above go down, Zappe will carry the Patriots to the top of the AFCE.
We don't shit about Zappe he played three or four games and team knew nothing about him then,

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know health is the common denominator.
And it begins.

Joe Burrow (Bengals)was taken from the practice field yesterday on a cart. HC says it's a left calf.

Closer to home:

Jalen Ramsey (Dolphins) tore his ACL yesterday in practice may not be back until December if he makes it back in 2023.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will. I could be pleasantly surprised but I think this is the year the Pats

Damnit! Great points!
And how many of these games where an early lead was given and the team was struggling to find it's groove to come from behind was Mac on the field throwing his arms in the air because Patricia couldn't figure out which play to call.

BOB will not have that problem.