• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Real Expectation for 2023

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navy? Coast Guard? Private yacht? Airplane?

Not trying to be a jerk. If he's like my nephew, who's a 30 year Ferryboat Captain in Casco Bay, then he probably also has a ton of respect from people who know him or know about him..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navy? Coast Guard? Private yacht? Airplane?

Not trying to be a jerk. If he's like my nephew, who's a 30 year Ferryboat Captain in Casco Bay, then he probably also has a ton of respect from people who know him or know about him..
Charterboat Captains have to deal with all sorts of the public.
They don't suffer fools.
A friend of mine in NC has a sign on his dock, "no cell phones or GPS"
On the pilings are a bunch of GPS and Cell phones with a spike through them, nailed to the pilings.
If you are fishing with him he does not want you coming back to his "hot spots" in another boat.
He does not suffer fools! He has many stories of arresting fools out on the ocean......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much is Ross willing to pony up to buy the guy off and get him to drop the charges? Or is he wealthy enough and a Dolphins hater to shove it up their collective asses? If the guy is paying through the nose for a slip at a Miami Marina, me thinks he'll stick it to Tyreek. If the guy wins, Tyreek will certainly do time behind bars. Can't count that as part of his suspension.

These are not civil charges. Assault with intention will get him 3-5 if he's found guilty. If the tapes prove he was a total ass, he could get 5-7 if he pleads Not Guilty and perjures himself.
He'll be sharing a cell with Jack Jones.

In other words, he may get a hefty fine/restitution.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jason McIntyre: “The Buffalo Bills’ Super Bowl window is closed, it’s shut, it’s over. Three straight incredible years, double-digit wins, Josh Allen on the rookie contract, came so close against Kansas City in that overtime loss—one of the most gut-wrenching losses... Last year they had the off-field chaos [Damar Hamlin] that really made it difficult, 13 wins and then they lose in the playoffs. Folks, there is some stuff going on in Buffalo. I’ve talked on the Leslie Frazier loss at defensive coordinator, an extremely good defensive coordinator. And, oh, by the way, the ‘green dot’ linebacker, Tremaine Edmunds, the guy who relayed the play from the defensive coordinator, he’s gone and left in free agency. Both of your starting safeties are now 32 and getting up there in age. Albert Breer just talked about Von Miller coming back from the ACL... We forgot Stefon Diggs, of course, with his drama. A lot is happening in Buffalo; what’s happening with McDermott? I see the AFC East taking a big leap and I see the Buffalo Bills’ Super Bowl window closing shut.” (Full Segment Above)

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Coach Belichick is 18 wins away from the all time wins record. But he is also 13 loses away for most career games lost. Which will he get first?

18 wins?
13 losses?

I think he sets the loss record first.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Coach Belichick is 18 wins away from the all time wins record. But he is also 13 loses away for most career games lost. Which will he get first?

18 wins?
13 losses?

I think early next season he will set the win record first.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

18 wins?
13 losses?

hes 30 away from wins

1688836787792.png

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

18 wins?
13 losses?

Can you imagine how good you would have to be to last long enough to lose that many games?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Shula won a few games in Hell?
Shula and Halas never had to deal with free agency or a salary cap. Those two things alone make surpassing old coaching records nearly impossible.

With this team as it's presently comprised, BB will break the mark for most losses first.

Perfect example would be finishing at 9-8 this year and he would need 9 wins and/or 5 losses to reach the most either way in 2024. It appears that he will get the moist losses before he gets the most wins.

I think he'll be more remembered for his wins that his losses except by those who could never beat him the AFCCG or Super Bowl.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shula and Halas never had to deal with free agency or a salary cap. Those two things alone make surpassing old coaching records nearly impossible.

With this team as it's presently comprised, BB will break the mark for most losses first.

Perfect example would be finishing at 9-8 this year and he would need 9 wins and/or 5 losses to reach the most either way in 2024. It appears that he will get the moist losses before he gets the most wins.

I think he'll be more remembered for his wins that his losses except by those who could never beat him the AFCCG or Super Bowl.
Shula also coached during 14 game seasons

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and also coached for 5 more seasons... If you crunch the numbers for 2 extra games for 14 seasons vs 5 extra season of 16 games you'd see 28 games vs 80... Advantage BB, but who cares... I say it's BB 6 to 3 that matters.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A non factor in my opinion.
16 games may take a greater toll on the players but it does so across all teams.
If anything, It may make it easier for a team that starts out hot to finish hot and fend off late risers going in to the playoffs.

Shula had 9 one & done in the playoffs. With 19 years out of 33 going to the playoffs
Bill has had 4 one & done with 19 seasons going to the playoffs out of 28.

Bill gets his team to the playoffs more often than Shula did and did more in the post season when there.