• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you watch on the TV in the NFL offseason?

What do you watch in the NFL offseason?

• Total voters

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, last time I used Amazon or Hula they wanted $ per movie. Has that changed?

Amazon prime comes with some movies, others are about what Redbox costs. I use Hulu mostly for network shows I'm behind on, in today's case Wayward Pines, which is up to 6 episodes and I'm now on 4.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the seasons of The Sopranos are on Amazon Prime so I'm working my way through the series. True Detective and Game of Thrones are a must too. Other than that and baseball there won't be anything decent on until October outside of football.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the seasons of The Sopranos are on Amazon Prime so I'm working my way through the series. True Detective and Game of Thrones are a must too. Other than that and baseball there won't be anything decent on until October outside of football.

Game of Thrones a free A Prime series?

And I'll definitely have to go down the Sapranos road. I never did but always wanted to watch it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do the exact same thing however I just bought this tivo OTA(over the air) and now have all the dvr functions on my antenna channels. I can pause live tv, set recordings using tivo's guide and if you puurchase it for the $399 price tag there isn't a monthly fee for the service. You can buy the box for $49 if you want to pay $15 a month for the service. I absolutely love the tivo service I got all my shows on demand again just like when I had Directv. The box has Netflix, Hulu, Pandora etc as well which has caused me to turn my Roku on much less frequently. I would strongly recommend looking into it.
You can plug in an external hard drive into cheaper options too. That's what I do.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of Thrones a free A Prime series?

And I'll definitely have to go down the Sapranos road. I never did but always wanted to watch it.
No, those two shows aren't on Amazon Prime. I have a friend's account info to watch HBO Go.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can plug in an external hard drive into cheaper options too. That's what I do.

Been busy with work, but going down the NAS road for a whole house set up.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Terra Nova (the whole season) last time I did this.

Not another Brady vs Manning thread wtf. Seriously any good Harold? I like netflix, best deal around and redbox the newer shit

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not another Brady vs Manning thread wtf. Seriously any good Harold? I like netflix, best deal around and redbox the newer shit

Did several Fringe binges, wife finished the show before I did while I was working out of town, then never bothered to finish.

Was pretty good to start though.

Give everything time, the cable companies will have to go a la carte before to long from market pressure. Already seeing it happen, HBO, CBS, etc.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All a matter of what you like. I enjoyed it and loved the final episode . To bad it only lasted one season.

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that's an option. However, you lose a lot of the functionality and convenience of an actual DVR. My tivo has everything in one spot and is so simple. I couldn't imagine a hard drive being even close to as simple. I would check into the Tivo if I were you, you wouldn't regret it. For $400 you would be set and have a lot more functionality. Look at some of the reviews on amazon and check it out.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did several Fringe binges, wife finished the show before I did while I was working out of town, then never bothered to finish.

Was pretty good to start though.

Give everything time, the cable companies will have to go a la carte before to long from market pressure. Already seeing it happen, HBO, CBS, etc.

Might check it out, I likes Sons of ananrchy, Sopranos on tv but nothing else really. watched some breaking bad. dexter, the killing on netflix. maybe I just have adhd?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All a matter of what you like. I enjoyed it and loved the final episode . To bad it only lasted one season.

I will check it out, nothing else is calling out and have seen a lot/ Maybe that Everglades show NEPats mentioned and some people mentioned the blacklist. Killing wasnt bad and the guy that had the basketball team kinda was supposed to be a young Paul Allen

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's an option. However, you lose a lot of the functionality and convenience of an actual DVR. My tivo has everything in one spot and is so simple. I couldn't imagine a hard drive being even close to as simple. I would check into the Tivo if I were you, you wouldn't regret it. For $400 you would be set and have a lot more functionality. Look at some of the reviews on amazon and check it out.
I saw they had a deal for a lifetime of service for $350. I just don't want to spend that kind of money on anything like that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the NFL RedZone..... and yes it's just the music.

I like to keep it on just in case the season inexplicably starts months early.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw they had a deal for a lifetime of service for $350. I just don't want to spend that kind of money on anything like that.

I'm with you on that one. I remember when I got sat. radio, I had a chance to buy it for life for a few hun. and passed. Now I wished I had, I still use it regularly and have gone way beyond the buy price with my monthly fees.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually I don't miss the nfl too much from February til June because I have the NBA, CBB, & tv shows to watch. However during June & July tv is trash since the only sport on is baseball & all my shows are done until the fall. NFL training camp can't start any sooner

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on that one. I remember when I got sat. radio, I had a chance to buy it for life for a few hun. and passed. Now I wished I had, I still use it regularly and have gone way beyond the buy price with my monthly fees.
I used to have satellite radio and liked it for the most part. Raw Dog Comedy is awesome.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have satellite radio and liked it for the most part. Raw Dog Comedy is awesome.

I go through mood phases as to what I prefer on any given day.