• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you do with Purdy if you are the 49ers?

What would you do with Purdy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy isn't in Mahomes class ,but there really aren't any other QBs who are right now. He gets you to the SB and that's all you can ask. If the Ravens would have beat the Chiefs I think the 49ers win.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy isn't in Mahomes class ,but there really aren't any other QBs who are right now. He gets you to the SB and that's all you can ask. If the Ravens would have beat the Chiefs I think the 49ers win.
If they played 10 times Niners win 5. Very even matchup and KC got a couple more breaks and won.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 2 years left on his rookie deal. Why sign him now and that isn't a knock on him or worrying about him proving it again or not being sure he is good enough. It's simply not time yet. This is a discussion for 12 months from now.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they played 10 times Niners win 5. Very even matchup and KC got a couple more breaks and won.
Yes but if you need upper level QB play, I'd take Mahomes 9 times outa 10 over every QB in the league. 49rs pretty much controlled the game up until mid way through the third quarter. You need to be up way more on Mahomes to give youself a good shot at winning. Once it was obvious, it was going to be a tight game at the end .I knew Mahomes would come through and Purdy would need someone else to do it for the 49ers. Maybe one day Purdy becomes Tom Bradyesque. But he's not there now. It's like Patrick Ewing going against Micheal Jordan.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but if Mahomes played QB for SF, SF would've won.

Bit of a conundrum when one team has the market cornered on QB with killer instincts and tons of experience while still being young.
Ain't like my fellow Virgo is old considering he's only 28 lol. But yeah, I get where you're coming from with comparing seasoning...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 2 years left on his rookie deal. Why sign him now and that isn't a knock on him or worrying about him proving it again or not being sure he is good enough. It's simply not time yet. This is a discussion for 12 months from now.

I'd trade him if some team is willing to give 2 1st rounders.. send a couple 3rds for Justin Fields, beef up the OL and WR crew (huge 1st round class for both positions) with all the firsts and roll.

Falcons would probably be stupid enough to send a couple firsts for him. Or the Vikes. Snag Odunze, Nabers, or Latham, and then grab IOL with your late first. Done and done. Use the 2025 pick on another QB or EDGE.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't like my fellow Virgo is old considering he's only 28 lol. But yeah, I get where you're coming from with comparing seasoning...

Ya, that's what I mean. Without Mahomes, San Fran likely has two SB victories in the past few years.

Brady and Belichick blocked Peyton and Big Ben from having numerous Super Bowls and now Reid/Mahomes are doing the same to their contemporaries.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade him if some team is willing to give 2 1st rounders.. send a couple 3rds for Justin Fields, beef up the OL and WR crew (huge 1st round class for both positions) with all the firsts and roll.

You as a GM.....

comedy central GIF by Workaholics

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, that's what I mean. Without Mahomes, San Fran likely has two SB victories in the past few years.

Brady and Belichick blocked Peyton and Big Ben from having numerous Super Bowls and now Reid/Mahomes are doing the same to their contemporaries.

Blocked Seattle too....

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blocked Seattle too....

Nah. That was Pete.

Just kidding. Belichick's refusal to call a timeout when everybody on earth was screaming for it and putting the entire game on his defense is the stuff of legend.

p.s. Vince Wilfork wasn't going to let Marshawn in. Pete made the right call. They just didn't execute.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. That was Pete.

Just kidding. Belichick's refusal to call a timeout when everybody on earth was screaming for it and putting the entire game on his defense is the stuff of legend.

p.s. Vince Wilfork wasn't going to let Marshawn in. Pete made the right call. They just didn't execute.

I 100% agree... the pass was the right call. Marshawn was 1 for 4 in < 2 yard goal line situations that season. It was just the WRONG pass call. Should've been a rollout with a corner end zone throw (with option for Wilson to run it in) and not to one of the more pedestrian receivers on the team.

I've held that stance for years. The pass was the correct call, just not THAT pass route. Marshawn has spoke on this and is convinced he would've got it in... well, you were 1 for 4 prior to that...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Justin Fields a SIGNIFICANTLY lesser QB who is going to cost SIGNIFICANTLY more money over the next couple of years is definitely the way to go for a team trying to fit all their talent under the cap.....

......the right move if you are a Seattle fan hoping that the 49ers fall flat.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are stacked with a better overall team than the Chiefs ,but the Chiefs have Mahomes. Shanahan is a great coach and great play caller but Andy Reids last play was genius. Look for that at every level next season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but if you need upper level QB play, I'd take Mahomes 9 times outa 10 over every QB in the league. 49rs pretty much controlled the game up until mid way through the third quarter. You need to be up way more on Mahomes to give youself a good shot at winning. Once it was obvious, it was going to be a tight game at the end .I knew Mahomes would come through and Purdy would need someone else to do it for the 49ers. Maybe one day Purdy becomes Tom Bradyesque. But he's not there now. It's like Patrick Ewing going against Micheal Jordan.
Well yeah, it was classic better team vs better QB. This time the better QB won. Different breaks and the Niners win. Lotta randomness in the playoffs with all the teams being good.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only QB's we should be wondering about what their extension will be or anything like that right now are Tua and Trevor. Those are the 2 big names on this years docket. Purdy should and will get his next year barring some unfortunate injury or something. The kid is legit but this is a topic for 2025 and San Fran has other things to deal with of greater importance. Purdy is exceedingly cheap for the next 2 years no matter what. After that, he will be a very wealthy young man and good on him.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, it was classic better team vs better QB. This time the better QB won. Different breaks and the Niners win. Lotta randomness in the playoffs with all the teams being good.
That punt doesn't hit the back of that 49ers leg and they might have won. That's how close it was.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Falcons would probably be stupid enough to send a couple firsts for him. Or the Vikes. Snag Odunze, Nabers, or Latham, and then grab IOL with your late first. Done and done. Use the 2025 pick on another QB or EDGE.

You'd replace Purdy with Fields? I guess I just don't see why anyone would want to take a SB calibre team (so far the favorites for winning the SB next year from Fan Duel), and hand the keys over to Justin Fields.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Justin Fields a SIGNIFICANTLY lesser QB who is going to cost SIGNIFICANTLY more money over the next couple of years is definitely the way to go for a team trying to fit all their talent under the cap.....

......the right move if you are a Seattle fan hoping that the 49ers fall flat.

That's a good call too. Fields could get stuck in a spot like Baker found himself. He may have to take significantly less money for a season or two to prove himself. He just hasn't done anything worthy of being paid even in the top 15 QB's, in my opinion. Maybe he'll find the right team and show everyone that he has plenty of talent to be a top 10 QB though. I imagine he is certainly available to any team...probably at a decent trade price too as most people know that he is not needed in Chicago any longer.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd replace Purdy with Fields? I guess I just don't see why anyone would want to take a SB calibre team (so far the favorites for winning the SB next year from Fan Duel), and hand the keys over to Justin Fields.
I agree. I would take Purdy's smarts and calmness over Fields athletic gifts 100 times out of 100. Fields just hasn't got it between the ears, imo.