• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you do with Purdy if you are the 49ers?

What would you do with Purdy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannon Sharpe said on First Take this morning that he'd take Jordan Love over Brock Purdy. I have a hard time disagreeing...

The way that Love ended the season makes me think that might not be a back take.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannon Sharpe said on First Take this morning that he'd take Jordan Love over Brock Purdy. I have a hard time disagreeing...

I'd need to see more successful postseason pressure reps for Love to even start that comparison.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have a former Ram QB (Allen), should be enough.
But do they have a former Lion's QB? That's the edge they are missing to be SB champs. That's what it took to get the Rams a championship.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do they have a former Lion's QB? That's the edge they are missing to be SB champs. That's what it took to get the Rams a championship.

You clearly have a limited frame of reference re: Rams championships.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly have a limited frame of reference re: Rams championships.
So they wasted a trade and all those picks for Stafford? I thought that was the trade that got them the SB win. :noidea:

Although, I'm probably missing a significant player they acquired following their SB loss to the Pats that pushed them over the edge. I tend to give Stafford most the credit for that SB win because of his Lion's roots. :D

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a year older than many of the QBs getting drafted next year. Still room to get better and he is pretty good so far.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy is still not that great of a QB IMO. He can't make sideline throws, a lot of his yards came from YAC (San Fran led the league by a decent amount), he has the best RB in the NFL.... an elite defense. Not to mention he plays in a cupcake division at the moment with Arizona being one of the worst teams in the league, Carroll who had a coaching philosophy that 2 down lineman, 5-6 CBs/Safeties on the field, and an offense that resembled Tecmo Bowl's playbook was somehow the correct thing to do, and the Rams who are cap strapped.

Biggest mistake the 9ers could do right now is sign Purdy to a huge contract. Hell I'd trade him for a couple first rounders. The 9ers are still stacked at the moment. You can bring in quite a few QBs and succeed with it. Lance would've been fine, he just couldn't stay healthy.
:omg::crazy:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my greatest disappointment with the loss...SF talk radio is now filled with callers saying fire Shanahan, dump Purdy, dump the kicker LOL

It's crazy! I can understand the criticisms of Shanahan, but he is a great coach! He has taken three different QB's to the SB...the last thing they want to do is get rid of him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my greatest disappointment with the loss...SF talk radio is now filled with callers saying fire Shanahan, dump Purdy, dump the kicker LOL

Trade the kicker to the Rams for a 6th rounder.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy! I can understand the criticisms of Shanahan, but he is a great coach! He has taken three different QB's to the SB...the last thing they want to do is get rid of him.
It's how fandom works, they're pissed off and sad and venting. Most will calm down from the hot takes.

That said, very hard to lose a SB and get back there, took the Niners 4 years just to lose again. And how much better can they be? They had the best roster and the 1 seed. Just ran into the GOAT again. Might not happen for them.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's how fandom works, they're pissed off and sad and venting. Most will calm down from the hot takes.

It doesn't help that they were favored and jumped up to a 10-0 lead early.

The same thing happened a few weeks ago with Campbell. Some Lions fans were calling for him to be fired as well. When the fans get a big lead, and feel confident in winning a game, only to lose it, it seems they are looking for scalps. You are correct, a week or two from now they will just start getting ready for the draft.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy is a dream for the Niners, a good QB who is locked up and costs absolutely nothing. So they will continue to roll with him and likely win with him, at least in regular season terms.

But I think you see in the playoffs that it can come down to elite QB play in the clutch and I just don't think Purdy is an elite QB. He is a good QB who can win games with a good supporting cast.
Without him we lose to the Packers and Lions in the playoffs tbf. I think it anything the playoffs moved him up in a tier from all the critics saying he's just a game manager.

He wasn't great in the SB, but nobody on offense was, including Shanahan. He's only been a starter 1.5 years and he's looking like a real possibility to become elite next season.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The radio loves those fans. Knee jerk calls give them the best storylines.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he cost them the game, the play calling, 3 three and outs, and why?, throwing the ball with McCaffery in the backfield, was bad, very bad and it may have contributed to a Chiefs defense starting to get confidence.

True but if Mahomes played QB for SF, SF would've won.

Bit of a conundrum when one team has the market cornered on QB with killer instincts and tons of experience while still being young.