• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were the same guy no matter how you look at it, i don't care what the stats say either, take them grain of salt..

Now, as of now Kubiak has the upper hand cuz he has a SB.. See im not afraid to say it.. But the book ain't finished yet.. JDR is entering his second year with a loaded young team..

I guess if that helps you sleep at night. Division titles though matter to pretty much every one out there. Winning your division is goal #1 for any team and a Del Rio lead team has never done it. A Kubiak team has done it 3 of the last 4 years he has been a HC. To me that trumps Del Rio by quite a bit.

Your boy might be entering with a loaded young team. Mine is entering with a Super Bowl winning squad that knows how to win.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if that helps you sleep at night. Division titles though matter to pretty much every one out there. Winning your division is goal #1 for any team and a Del Rio lead team has never done it. A Kubiak team has done it 3 of the last 4 years he has been a HC. To me that trumps Del Rio by quite a bit.

Your boy might be entering with a loaded young team. Mine is entering with a Super Bowl winning squad that knows how to win.
A SB squad with Sanchez as the Starting QB cd for crying out loud!! A shaky OL and taking a massive hit in FA on the D side of the ball, and not to mention Talib!! Yeah ok..

Cmon cd let's not throw dirt man.. No need for it.. I know you guys won the SB last year, but this is a NEW year man.. What matters here is?? This season.. Let's talk about this year..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A SB squad with Sanchez as the Starting QB cd for crying out loud!! A shaky OL and taking a massive hit in FA on the D side of the ball, and not to mention Talib!! Yeah ok..

Cmon cd let's not throw dirt man.. No need for it.. I know you guys won the SB last year, but this is a NEW year man.. What matters here is?? This season.. Let's talk about this year..

I am talking about this year. A majority of the defense is still intact with most of our top players still on the squad. Throw in we had some of the highest rotational rates of any team in the league last year so plenty of our back ups got some of the highest snap counts of any back ups in the league. Then we have added players that have started for other squads to that unit to help out. Offensively we were one of the worst teams in the league with one of the worst OL's in the league and have worked to retool the unit. We have 4 new starters on the OL that gave up a ton of sacks and tackles for loss. We also have Pro Bowl players returning in Anderson for our RB, DT and Sanders for our WR's. We also added a Pro Bowl player to the OL to replace a 3rd string guy to protect the blindside of our QB. We then drafted a few players to help out on the offensive side of the ball this year.

And again you can't discount the fact that these guys know how to win. There are a lot of organizations with lots of talent in this league but they don't all know how to win games. The Broncos showed last year that when the pressure was highest in the 4th Quarter the players stepped up and made plays on both sides of the ball.

Beyond that scheduling wise Broncos caught some nice breaks. Obviously winning the Super Bowl means your first game is on a Thursday. So you get a nice 10 day break between games. They then get another nice 10 day break right before playing the Texans making for another almost Mini-Bye Week for the team. Then of course having our Bye week later in the season helps for that late season push. So the Broncos essentially have 3 Bye Week breaks this upcoming year with them being right before 3 of our bigger games of the year.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about this year. A majority of the defense is still intact with most of our top players still on the squad. Throw in we had some of the highest rotational rates of any team in the league last year so plenty of our back ups got some of the highest snap counts of any back ups in the league. Then we have added players that have started for other squads to that unit to help out. Offensively we were one of the worst teams in the league with one of the worst OL's in the league and have worked to retool the unit. We have 4 new starters on the OL that gave up a ton of sacks and tackles for loss. We also have Pro Bowl players returning in Anderson for our RB, DT and Sanders for our WR's. We also added a Pro Bowl player to the OL to replace a 3rd string guy to protect the blindside of our QB. We then drafted a few players to help out on the offensive side of the ball this year.

And again you can't discount the fact that these guys know how to win. There are a lot of organizations with lots of talent in this league but they don't all know how to win games. The Broncos showed last year that when the pressure was highest in the 4th Quarter the players stepped up and made plays on both sides of the ball.

Beyond that scheduling wise Broncos caught some nice breaks. Obviously winning the Super Bowl means your first game is on a Thursday. So you get a nice 10 day break between games. They then get another nice 10 day break right before playing the Texans making for another almost Mini-Bye Week for the team. Then of course having our Bye week later in the season helps for that late season push. So the Broncos essentially have 3 Bye Week breaks this upcoming year with them being right before 3 of our bigger games of the year.
4 new starters on the OL and and Sanchez at QB cd, let that sink in.. Then you lose some KEY players on the D side of the ball, and now with this breaking news about Talib your best corner.. Then on top of it you throw in an improved RAIDER team that's super hungry, along with Rivers and their NICE haul of FAs and a solid draft.. And we both know KC will be hard to beat.. Again cd, im not saying you guys will stink or the other teams in the division for that matter.. No No No, im saying we will WIN the AFCW!! That is my argument..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 new starters on the OL and and Sanchez at QB cd, let that sink in.. Then you lose some KEY players on the D side of the ball, and now with this breaking news about Talib your best corner.. Then on top of it you throw in an improved RAIDER team that's super hungry, along with Rivers and their NICE haul of FAs and a solid draft.. And we both know KC will be hard to beat.. Again cd, im not saying you guys will stink or the other teams in the division for that matter.. No No No, im saying we will WIN the AFCW!! That is my argument..

Few things...

1) You keep saying Sanchez but right now we have no clue who the starter will be. Beyond that only 1 QB has had a worst season than their career average under Kubiak as the HC and that was a broken down Peyton Manning. Most QB's under Kubiak have see about a 10-20 point spike in their QB rating under Kubiak compared to any other coach. So you keep saying this isn't the same Raiders team well maybe this will be a different Sanchez in a system that fits him better.

2) Talib is not our best Corner. Chris Harris is by far the better of the two. He didn't give up a touchdown for 2 entire seasons. Your PFF website has rated Chris Harris as a top-5 Corner almost every year he has been in the league. I like Talib as a player but he is not the best Corner on our team. Throw in his injuries were minor. Right now not looking like he is going to miss any time because of this injury. Heck he has already been dismissed from the hospital with just a few stitches.

3) Coaches have already been talking up the replacements of both Malik and Trevathan. Trevathan's replacement brought in a complete entertainment center for the off season so that he can watch all the film possible. When he isn't working out he is in that room watching film taking notes. Coaches have raved about Todd Davis and think he will be a star for this team. Same with Malik's replacements as the rotation on the DL actually looks deeper this year than last year with Crick, Phil Taylor, and Gotsis added to the mix and the improved play of Darius Kilgo who we drafted last year plus Kenny Anunike (my break out player of the year for the Broncos) coming back from injury.

4) 2nd year in the system where players always say they see the biggest leap in ability because they know the system so well they don't have to think any more but can just go full speed at all times.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things...

1) You keep saying Sanchez but right now we have no clue who the starter will be. Beyond that only 1 QB has had a worst season than their career average under Kubiak as the HC and that was a broken down Peyton Manning. Most QB's under Kubiak have see about a 10-20 point spike in their QB rating under Kubiak compared to any other coach. So you keep saying this isn't the same Raiders team well maybe this will be a different Sanchez in a system that fits him better.

2) Talib is not our best Corner. Chris Harris is by far the better of the two. He didn't give up a touchdown for 2 entire seasons. Your PFF website has rated Chris Harris as a top-5 Corner almost every year he has been in the league. I like Talib as a player but he is not the best Corner on our team. Throw in his injuries were minor. Right now not looking like he is going to miss any time because of this injury. Heck he has already been dismissed from the hospital with just a few stitches.

3) Coaches have already been talking up the replacements of both Malik and Trevathan. Trevathan's replacement brought in a complete entertainment center for the off season so that he can watch all the film possible. When he isn't working out he is in that room watching film taking notes. Coaches have raved about Todd Davis and think he will be a star for this team. Same with Malik's replacements as the rotation on the DL actually looks deeper this year than last year with Crick, Phil Taylor, and Gotsis added to the mix and the improved play of Darius Kilgo who we drafted last year plus Kenny Anunike (my break out player of the year for the Broncos) coming back from injury.

4) 2nd year in the system where players always say they see the biggest leap in ability because they know the system so well they don't have to think any more but can just go full speed at all times.
Of course we know who the starter will be for you guys.. I read somewhere that Lynch is having a hard time picking up Kubiaks O is that true??

Funny how you say my PFF when if FACT it was yours last year when you got all the love from them Hmmmmm
What's up with that??

And you simply don't replace players like Malik and Danny with just anybody cd, cmon man don't try to con me..
Now im not saying those replacements will stink, but they will not play at the same level as the guys you lost..

And funny as you keep talking about you guys entering the second year of the system but yet give no cred to our player entering their second year in the same system as well.. Why is that cd??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we know who the starter will be for you guys.. I read somewhere that Lynch is having a hard time picking up Kubiaks O is that true??

Funny how you say my PFF when if FACT it was yours last year when you got all the love from them Hmmmmm
What's up with that??

And you simply don't replace players like Malik and Danny with just anybody cd, cmon man don't try to con me..
Now im not saying those replacements will stink, but they will not play at the same level as the guys you lost..

And funny as you keep talking about you guys entering the second year of the system but yet give no cred to our player entering their second year in the same system as well.. Why is that cd??

I have no clue where you heard that on Lynch. In fact the coaches have been raving at how fast he is digesting everything. Said that when you ask him a question he has an answer right away. Most rookies pause and have to think about it but he is always ready with the right answer.

I say "yours" because you seem to quote it about everyday on here. And as I have said about them I just take everything they say with a grain of salt. They don't always know what is going on every single play and for the most part it is a group made up of football nerds like you and me who have never played at a high level. I wish they would hire some ex-players to help them understand a bit more.

As for the players that are replacing our guys you never know how the next guy in will play. That is how you stay competitive in this league year in and year out in you bring in competition and have to replace talent that you lose. People said the Broncos wouldn't be able to win like they did with losing guys like Franklin, Pot Roast, and JT and yet hey they did just fine without them. Throw in those guys netted us some very nice Comp Picks. We Broncos fans have been hearing it for the past few years with the players we lose being irreplaceable yet the next guy in seems to actually outplay them and are on a cheaper contract.

Heck Danny and Trevathan when they first came into the league were back ups. Danny replaced a big time fan favorite in Wesley Woodyard who went to Tennessee. The team did not miss a beat. They brought in Brandon Marshall who was our best ILB this past year ahead of Trevathan that was cut by the Jaguars who were trying to put him on their practice squad. Brought him to Denver and he has shined ever since. So you sit here and say these guys are irreplaceable but they replaced somebody back when they first came in that people said they couldn't replace and look what they did. You keep talking about all the young talent on your team stepping up this year but then seem to say it can't happen for the Broncos too? Doesn't seem quite fair to only allow for one team to have young talent step up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I have never once ONCE commented on the 2nd year for your guys and them not being better because of that. You are the one that keeps saying that doesn't matter for the Broncos. I think it is a huge deal for both teams.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One slight difference though in terms of 2nd year in the system. When I talk growth for the players yes it makes a huge difference. So I expect many of the Raiders players to make strides from that alone. At the same time the Raiders have at least 4 new starters on the defensive side of the ball that this is their first year in the system. The Broncos only have 2 new starters and both starters were with the team last year so again still know the system. So all 11 starters with the Broncos are entering the year with this being the 2nd year int he system. For the Raiders it is 7 or less.

Second point...Teams have known for years what to expect from a Phillips scheme. He has been doing it for years upon years. So no big time surprises film wise of what to expect when going against the Broncos defense. For the Raiders KNJ is now just entering his 2nd year of ever fully coaching defense. Teams now have a full off season to dissect his film and see his tendencies and what he wants to do. That eliminates some of the surprise.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue where you heard that on Lynch. In fact the coaches have been raving at how fast he is digesting everything. Said that when you ask him a question he has an answer right away. Most rookies pause and have to think about it but he is always ready with the right answer.

I say "yours" because you seem to quote it about everyday on here. And as I have said about them I just take everything they say with a grain of salt. They don't always know what is going on every single play and for the most part it is a group made up of football nerds like you and me who have never played at a high level. I wish they would hire some ex-players to help them understand a bit more.

As for the players that are replacing our guys you never know how the next guy in will play. That is how you stay competitive in this league year in and year out in you bring in competition and have to replace talent that you lose. People said the Broncos wouldn't be able to win like they did with losing guys like Franklin, Pot Roast, and JT and yet hey they did just fine without them. Throw in those guys netted us some very nice Comp Picks. We Broncos fans have been hearing it for the past few years with the players we lose being irreplaceable yet the next guy in seems to actually outplay them and are on a cheaper contract.

Heck Danny and Trevathan when they first came into the league were back ups. Danny replaced a big time fan favorite in Wesley Woodyard who went to Tennessee. The team did not miss a beat. They brought in Brandon Marshall who was our best ILB this past year ahead of Trevathan that was cut by the Jaguars who were trying to put him on their practice squad. Brought him to Denver and he has shined ever since. So you sit here and say these guys are irreplaceable but they replaced somebody back when they first came in that people said they couldn't replace and look what they did. You keep talking about all the young talent on your team stepping up this year but then seem to say it can't happen for the Broncos too? Doesn't seem quite fair to only allow for one team to have young talent step up.
It's just what i heard out there cd, so i thought i would ask a fan of said team.. And you just said they are raving about him, so it must be true eh?? So will he be the starter??

And im throwing out some PFF out there cd just like you used them against me all last year, remember??
PFF here and PFF there.. All Pro this and Pro Bowl that was the tune last year.. Take up the argument with them as they are the ones saying it cd.. I just think it''s pretty cool so i post on here what they say.. No Biggie man..

And i understand that players can be replaced with other good players, i never said that can't.. I said can the rise to the same level of play, as those were some good players..
And im being more than fair cd, i always am.. Maybe it's you the one not being fair??
Only you guys can replace good players, only you guys are entering the second year of the same system, etc cd..
You just refuse to give any cred outside of the Broncos cd.. And i give cred to all, but that my team WILL be better.. But cred i do give, you just can't..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just what i heard out there cd, so i thought i would ask a fan of said team.. And you just said they are raving about him, so it must be true eh?? So will he be the starter??

And im throwing out some PFF out there cd just like you used them against me all last year, remember??
PFF here and PFF there.. All Pro this and Pro Bowl that was the tune last year.. Take up the argument with them as they are the ones saying it cd.. I just think it''s pretty cool so i post on here what they say.. No Biggie man..

And i understand that players can be replaced with other good players, i never said that can't.. I said can the rise to the same level of play, as those were some good players..
And im being more than fair cd, i always am.. Maybe it's you the one not being fair??
Only you guys can replace good players, only you guys are entering the second year of the same system, etc cd..
You just refuse to give any cred outside of the Broncos cd.. And i give cred to all, but that my team WILL be better.. But cred i do give, you just can't..

Hmmm over on the General Board just gave Cred to the Chiefs and why many are picking them to win the AFC West with having quite a few players returning from the squad that went 11-5 plus getting Jamaal Charles back. I give plenty of cred to plenty of teams. I'm just not as high on yours. Has nothing to do with fair or not. I speak my mind on what I see.

And again you are the one speaking on how the 2nd year in the system isn't a big deal. I have said plenty that I think it is and that isn't just for the Broncos. Again though big difference between coaching staffs where teams knew what Phillips was going to do before he did it this year where nobody quite knew what KNJ was going to do. They can look at his past teams and what he has seen but that doesn't mean they knew exactly what the Raiders would be. Now they have an entire year of film and have a much better idea of what he wants to do on defense. I think the players see a jump in ability for the Raiders. I have no problem saying that. I just think offenses will have more to throw at the Raiders this year knowing what to expect from KNJ calling a game.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm over on the General Board just gave Cred to the Chiefs and why many are picking them to win the AFC West with having quite a few players returning from the squad that went 11-5 plus getting Jamaal Charles back. I give plenty of cred to plenty of teams. I'm just not as high on yours. Has nothing to do with fair or not. I speak my mind on what I see.

And again you are the one speaking on how the 2nd year in the system isn't a big deal. I have said plenty that I think it is and that isn't just for the Broncos. Again though big difference between coaching staffs where teams knew what Phillips was going to do before he did it this year where nobody quite knew what KNJ was going to do. They can look at his past teams and what he has seen but that doesn't mean they knew exactly what the Raiders would be. Now they have an entire year of film and have a much better idea of what he wants to do on defense. I think the players see a jump in ability for the Raiders. I have no problem saying that. I just think offenses will have more to throw at the Raiders this year knowing what to expect from KNJ calling a game.
Im the same way dude.. I don't think you guys will be that good this year, and we will win the AFCW..
I too speak my mind.. I do that every time i post..

And i have said plenty of times that Os will go at Phillips D all day long as they have film on it, and how he moves his players.. Same goes for your O.. Teams will stack the box all day long and force either Sanchez or Lynch to beat them..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im the same way dude.. I don't think you guys will be that good this year, and we will win the AFCW..
I too speak my mind.. I do that every time i post..

And i have said plenty of times that Os will go at Phillips D all day long as they have film on it, and how he moves his players.. Same goes for your O.. Teams will stack the box all day long and force either Sanchez or Lynch to beat them..

What is Phillips doing differently with the Broncos than what he has done with any other team he has coached on defense though? I've watched plenty of his work with the Texans and Cowboys and these systems look very identical. He will change a thing here or there but for the most part he is doing what he has always done of being a very aggressive play caller, going man-to-man on the outside and wanting to get after the QB. That hasn't changed. You act like this is brand new. It isn't. Now compare that to KNJ that yeah what he does is brand new in this league. People can watch the tape and see what he likes to do coverage wise depending on the situation. They can see when he likes to bring pressure.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Phillips doing differently with the Broncos than what he has done with any other team he has coached on defense though? I've watched plenty of his work with the Texans and Cowboys and these systems look very identical. He will change a thing here or there but for the most part he is doing what he has always done of being a very aggressive play caller, going man-to-man on the outside and wanting to get after the QB. That hasn't changed. You act like this is brand new. It isn't. Now compare that to KNJ that yeah what he does is brand new in this league. People can watch the tape and see what he likes to do coverage wise depending on the situation. They can see when he likes to bring pressure.
You want me to buy what you are selling, but you don't wan to buy what im selling.. It don't work that way cd..
I just don't buy Phillips cd.. Im not sold that he is some great coach sorry man..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the division will be tight, with all 4 teams fighting for it!!
It will be a bloodbath!! And the best team will win it!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want me to buy what you are selling, but you don't wan to buy what im selling.. It don't work that way cd..
I just don't buy Phillips cd.. Im not sold that he is some great coach sorry man..

The reason I'm not buying is you are not doing much to sell what you are saying. You just keep saying "This is how it will be" with nothing really to back it up. I'm at least using past results and history to prove my points. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

And you can not buy Phillips I guess. As a DC he has been one of the top guys in the entire league. Defenses have seen huge boosts when he comes on board. Most of his career has been spent with a top-10 defense and that is with taking over teams that were near the bottom of the league when he took over. So you can say you don't buy him but he has proven plenty that this guy knows defense.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I'm not buying is you are not doing much to sell what you are saying. You just keep saying "This is how it will be" with nothing really to back it up. I'm at least using past results and history to prove my points. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

And you can not buy Phillips I guess. As a DC he has been one of the top guys in the entire league. Defenses have seen huge boosts when he comes on board. Most of his career has been spent with a top-10 defense and that is with taking over teams that were near the bottom of the league when he took over. So you can say you don't buy him but he has proven plenty that this guy knows defense.
For crying out loud cd, i have told you many times, who, what, when and where.. You just don't like what i have to say..

And again cd im just not sold on Phillips.. That don't mean im saying he sucks or anything like that.. Dude is good and just won SB.. Im just not sold on the guy as some great coach.. All the pieces fell into place for him, and he ran with it.. Further more, im not saying you guys will stink, and i have said that many times..
You know what my argument is..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For crying out loud cd, i have told you many times, who, what, when and where.. You just don't like what i have to say..

And again cd im just not sold on Phillips.. That don't mean im saying he sucks or anything like that.. Dude is good and just won SB.. Im just not sold on the guy as some great coach.. All the pieces fell into place for him, and he ran with it.. Further more, im not saying you guys will stink, and i have said that many times..
You know what my argument is..

The only thing you have used to prove your point is PFF stats. Which hey are fine but beyond that it has been you listing the players on the Raiders team. Listing their names doesn't do much for me. I see a lot of average players on your list where you see All-Pro players. You see the potential where I see the unproven.

And I guess if you are not sold on a guy after he has coached some of the best defenses of the last 20 or so years then I guess you never will be. Right now though as a Bronco fan I would take Phillips everyday and twice on Sunday over Del Rio. Elway and Del Rio got into it because Elway didn't think Del Rio's defense was living up to their potential. I think this season and Phillips taking pretty much the exact same group and making them historical just proved his point that Del Rio was doing a bad job. Maybe Del Rio is the opposite of Phillips though and a great HC but an average Coordinator. Guess we will just have to see. So far as a HC though he has been average at best.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Idaho I am out. Have a good night man.