• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand what you are saying cd i do.. The QB is the most important and highest paid player on the team, assuming you have a good one..

This why i keep saying cd that it all comes down to Sanchez or the rookie as to how good your team will be, cuz they are the MOST important players on your team cd.. And yet you don't want to face that..

I'm not saying they don't have value. At the same time plenty of teams overcome average or bad QB play because they have lots of talent elsewhere on the roster. If you have a terrible roster yes QB play is essential if you want to succeed. IF you have talent throughout the rest of the roster then the QB play while helpful can still be overcome if they play terrible.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to shout out to the Babe, she's looking like a Rebel and sexy!! Wink Wink

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are losing cred real fast cd, and just starting to troll by saying that.. Well i will not scoop to that level, cuz that's not how i roll..

What did I say that was trolling? Your team since the Super Bowl loss have 63 wins. The Browns have 66 wins. Those are two of the worst totals in the NFL over that period. So again you are viewing it from that perspective but every other team in the division has made the playoffs with the Chiefs making it a few times over the last few years. The AFC West has actually been called one of the toughest divisions in football. So hard to not think you are viewing this from a Raiders perspective when the rest of the division has done pretty well.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I say that was trolling? Your team since the Super Bowl loss have 63 wins. The Browns have 66 wins. Those are two of the worst totals in the NFL over that period. So again you are viewing it from that perspective but every other team in the division has made the playoffs with the Chiefs making it a few times over the last few years. The AFC West has actually been called one of the toughest divisions in football. So hard to not think you are viewing this from a Raiders perspective when the rest of the division has done pretty well.
You are starting to get trollish cd, so i im going to log off for a bit.. Cuz then i will go on a trollish attack, and our great solid debates will come to an end for a month or so.. Remember last year after our second game??
Gotta roll dude..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are starting to get trollish cd, so i im going to log off for a bit.. Cuz then i will go on a trollish attack, and our great solid debates will come to an end for a month or so.. Remember last year after our second game??
Gotta roll dude..

Alright not sure how pointing out actual facts is trolling. The Raiders had some down years. It happens to every franchise. The Broncos in the early 70's were down right terrible. Thankfully as Bronco fans since then we haven't had to endure more than 1 losing season in a row. Part of our ownership being top notch. But plenty of great franchises have hit a slump. You guys are obviously showing plenty of signs of coming out of that. My point is the AFC West though has not been down over the last 5 years. Heck let's just look at the other divisions in the AFC during that span. The AFC East has had the Patriots and only the Patriots make the playoffs over the last 5 years. No other team has made it. The AFC South has only had 1 season with 2 teams actually making the playoffs back in 2012. The AFC North is the only division in the AFC that has had more seasons with 2 or more teams in the division making the playoffs. They have done it 4 of the 5 years compared to the AFC West. Switching to the NFC we have the East that has only had the division winner make the playoffs all 5 years. The NFC South has only had it happen twice. So essentially the NFC North and West have dominated the NFC. So again how can you say the AFC West has been down when they have been right there with most of the top divisions in teams sent to the playoffs over the last 5 years?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta roll dude..
I thought there was a rule against trolling team boards @fordman84

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I apologize if it all came across that way. I just don't agree with Idaho that the rest of the division has been bad over the last 5 years which is why the Broncos have been winning the division. Anyway no reason to get Fordman involved. I'll just leave the Raiders board for good. Don't want to cause problems.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize if it all came across that way. I just don't agree with Idaho that the rest of the division has been bad over the last 5 years which is why the Broncos have been winning the division. Anyway no reason to get Fordman involved. I'll just leave the Raiders board for good. Don't want to cause problems.
No stay, I am trying to cause problems.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No stay, I am trying to cause problems.

I'm good. Not really on these boards to cause problems so if Idaho thinks I'm trolling then just better for me to stay away anyway.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good. Not really on these boards to cause problems so if Idaho thinks I'm trolling then just better for me to stay away anyway.
I wonder what the rules are for fans of unrelated teams, to the board they posting on, trolling each other. I mean if you're not offending the teams fans it should be good right?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im good with a little drive by trolling man, i too like to play mind games..
Now, when im in a heated football debate, let's keep it solid..

Hey?? I welcome all trolls and people that just want to talk football..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you were trolling cd, just that our debate was getting trollish.. It was on the verge of going sour pretty fast man.. So i just logged off in order to save future debates.. If anything here cd, im the hero in all this, cuz i took the high road by simply logging off and saving future debates..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, this is pretty cool?? PFF has the RAIDERS as the 3rd best team in the AFC!!
They have the Steelers, Pats then RAIDERS..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, this is pretty cool?? PFF has the RAIDERS as the 3rd best team in the AFC!!
They have the Steelers, Pats then RAIDERS..

Raiders definitely have talent. Talent alone doesn't win in this league. Also talent is a very subjective term. Such as Bucky Brooks has the Broncos as the 4th most talented team in the league. He doesn't have the Raiders in his top-10. So we could probably poll a 100 people and come up with a ton of answers of what they see.

As for PFF again hard to project from one year to the next. Last year they did an article just like this. Here were their top-6 teams in the AFC...

1) Indy--Missing the playoffs in the easiest division in the AFC
2) Denver--Won the Super Bowl
3) New England--Obviously did very well making it to the Championship game.
4) Baltimore--Finished 5-11 for the year and had a top-6 pick in the draft.
5) Miami--Again a team with a top-10 pick because of a terrible season.
6) Cincinnati--Obviously won the AFC North but lost in the wildcard.

So they got 3 teams right.

Now before this past year PFF did it a bit different. They took an 8-person round table and had them vote. Percentage wise here is how they did each of the years...

2012--58% of the votes were correct on who would win the division or make the wildcard.
2013--58% again
2014--83% correct. Very good year for them
2015--50% correct.

So most likely the odds show that they will get about half of the teams right from one year to the next of who they pick to finish in the top-6 for each division.

Now if we just take who they predict to win each division over the last 4 years they actually have a very high rate of picking the right team 72% of the time. Slight problem with this stat though. New England is the easiest choice to make every single year. You take that out and in the other 3 divisions they have only been right 54.2% of the time when picking other divisions and who will win it.

Also for the AFC West they have a 75% streak of picking the right team in that time. The problem with that idea is that the 3 times they got it right was when they picked the Broncos obviously. So again when they have picked against the Broncos they have done poorly.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders definitely have talent. Talent alone doesn't win in this league. Also talent is a very subjective term. Such as Bucky Brooks has the Broncos as the 4th most talented team in the league. He doesn't have the Raiders in his top-10. So we could probably poll a 100 people and come up with a ton of answers of what they see.

As for PFF again hard to project from one year to the next. Last year they did an article just like this. Here were their top-6 teams in the AFC...

Now before this past year PFF did it a bit different. They took an 8-person round table and had them vote. Percentage wise here is how they did each of the years...

2012--58% of the votes were correct on who would win the division or make the wildcard.
2013--58% again
2015--50% correct.

So most likely the odds show that they will get about half of the teams right from one year to the next of who they pick to finish in the top-6 for each division.

Now if we just take who they predict to win each division over the last 4 years they actually have a very high rate of picking the right team 72% of the time. Slight problem with this stat though. New England is the easiest choice to make every single year. You take that out and in the other 3 divisions they have only been right 54.2% of the time when picking other divisions and who will win it.

Also for the AFC West they have a 75% streak of picking the right team in that time. The problem with that idea is that the 3 times they got it right was when they picked the Broncos obviously. So again when they have picked against the Broncos they have done poorly.
CD I will comment on this post after I wake up.. Alot going on in this post..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2013--58% again
2015--50% correct.

Indy had no Luck ya know the one everybody considers one of the BEST QBs in the league, and Ravens were snake bit and lost some close one.. The Fins were a mash unit on their OL as well as the Philbin drama.. I would say they were pretty spot on do you think??

Like i said they loved you guys last year and were right, this year they LOVE the RAIDERS!! But they are not the only ones are they?? It's a pretty loaded roster dude.. It looks similar to the young Cowboys and Seattle teams after their rebuilds.. QB, WRs, RBs, OL, D players etc.. You just have to except that, and beat us..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy had no Luck ya know the one everybody considers one of the BEST QBs in the league, and Ravens were snake bit and lost some close one.. The Fins were a mash unit on their OL as well as the Philbin drama.. I would say they were pretty spot on do you think??

Like i said they loved you guys last year and were right, this year they LOVE the RAIDERS!! But they are not the only ones are they?? It's a pretty loaded roster dude.. It looks similar to the young Cowboys and Seattle teams after their rebuilds.. QB, WRs, RBs, OL, D players etc.. You just have to except that, and beat us..

Few things here...

1) The Colts had Luck for 7 of the 16 games last year. In those 7 games they went 2-5. So with Luck or without Luck the Colts were down right terrible last year. In fact they actually had a better record without him than with him in the game.

2) You can say the Ravens were snake bit but you can also point to the fact that every one of their wins was by a touchdown or less. They just were not a great team last year even before the injuries set it later in the season.

3) The Dolphins well again just a team that was a mess. Just goes to show it is much more than just talent that wins games. They definitely are a team with a decently talented roster but didn't know how to use that talent.

And honestly Idaho we could do that for every team out there of find some excuse of why the failed or why they had success. The fact is they had a talented team that failed. It happens every year that talented teams don't live up to potential. Or maybe the talent was overestimated. Sometimes it is they add some big name FA's and they never live up to what they did for the team before for whatever reason.

Also I would be very careful there Idaho to start comparing your team that hasn't had a winning season since 2002 to that of some of the most talented teams over the last 30 years. Plenty of teams have thought they had a ton of young talent and never saw anything come of it. Let's see the Raiders actually make the playoffs or at least have a winning season before we start jumping to such huge conclusions like matching some of the most talented teams the league has seen.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things here...

1) The Colts had Luck for 7 of the 16 games last year. In those 7 games they went 2-5. So with Luck or without Luck the Colts were down right terrible last year. In fact they actually had a better record without him than with him in the game.

2) You can say the Ravens were snake bit but you can also point to the fact that every one of their wins was by a touchdown or less. They just were not a great team last year even before the injuries set it later in the season.

3) The Dolphins well again just a team that was a mess. Just goes to show it is much more than just talent that wins games. They definitely are a team with a decently talented roster but didn't know how to use that talent.

And honestly Idaho we could do that for every team out there of find some excuse of why the failed or why they had success. The fact is they had a talented team that failed. It happens every year that talented teams don't live up to potential. Or maybe the talent was overestimated. Sometimes it is they add some big name FA's and they never live up to what they did for the team before for whatever reason.

Also I would be very careful there Idaho to start comparing your team that hasn't had a winning season since 2002 to that of some of the most talented teams over the last 30 years. Plenty of teams have thought they had a ton of young talent and never saw anything come of it. Let's see the Raiders actually make the playoffs or at least have a winning season before we start jumping to such huge conclusions like matching some of the most talented teams the league has seen.
cd, Luck did play only 7 games and we find out that he was playing with a blown shoulder, so he was not healthy at all last year.. And he was the reason for the high ranking from PFF.. No Luck = No wins Period..

And the Ravens were just Snake bit, although they were still game in every game, just not enough..
And the Fins had an out of whack front office that filtered down to the team and doomed them, along with a mash unit of an OL.. Sheet happens man to all teams, but they had the talent for those high rankings from PFF..
And besides, nobody bats 1000!! And yet PFF was still pretty money..
Again cd, they love the RAIDERS this year, and why shouldn't they??

And i compare the RAIDERS to those other teams in a sense that we too had a young roster as they did..
Young QB = check WRs, RBs, OL, D players = check All young for the most part.. Well we have Pro Bowl S Nelson, but look at our first round pick this year!! Karl the Hitman Joseph!!

So there is nothing to be careful about, that is what our rebuild LOOKS like.. Now of course we have to WIN in order for it to be legit, but when you get a young collection of talent like that you not only WIN but win for a long time.. Now i understand our young roster can bust just like YOURS can, but i don't think that way..

Playing the hardest schedule in back to back years was a small blessing for this team..
They already proved they could beat the number 1 rank D from last year in their house.. And we added a top rank FA class and draft this year.. So now you know why most are picking the RAIDERS.. But hey we have to prove it so there is that..