• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never said any of that to me when we debated all last year.. In fact I was the one who told you PM would struggle with Kubaik if I remember right..

You find where I said different and I will believe you. I can show plenty of spots though that I spoke to these very ideas that I thought some would struggle with the transition. Honestly I never would have guessed our defense to play like it did when switching from a 4-3 off-man/zone coverage style with Del Rio to the 3-4 aggressive press-man style of Phillips. Usually teams struggle a lot more in making such a transition.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You find where I said different and I will believe you. I can show plenty of spots though that I spoke to these very ideas that I thought some would struggle with the transition. Honestly I never would have guessed our defense to play like it did when switching from a 4-3 off-man/zone coverage style with Del Rio to the 3-4 aggressive press-man style of Phillips. Usually teams struggle a lot more in making such a transition.
Let the readers decide cd what was said and let's move forward.. After all, new season, new players and new expectations.. We all 0-0 as of now.. Last year is OVER!!

Now, as we move forward with our offseasons let's make our case on why our teams will WIN the AFCW..
We have dead time to fill, and it makes the drama that much better..
Bring it if you game.. It's all in fun anyways..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to PFF Big Dan Williams is a TOP 3 run stopper, Hmmmmm.. I would say he made a HUGE impact for us!! You can't run on Williams..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to PFF, Hudson is tied with The Cowboys Center for 1 as the best pass blocking efficiency centers in football.. Hmmmm i would say he was a huge impact player for us..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to PFF, Hudson is tied with The Cowboys Center for 1 as the best pass blocking efficiency centers in football.. Hmmmm i would say he was a huge impact player for us..
Some out there say the RAIDER OL would rival that of the Cowboys for BEST in the league.. Now that remains to be seen, but it does have a chance to be pretty good!! Throw in some young Pro Bowl players like Carr, Coop and Murray along with the rest of the players behind that line, well it could be a pretty good O!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So PFF is throwing out some offseason grades.. The RAIDERS got an A, Bolts a B and Chiefs and Broncos got a C+.. PFF saying the players we picked up are an IDEAL FIT!! Hmmmmmmmmmm
PFF loving what the RAIDERS are doing!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So PFF is throwing out some offseason grades.. The RAIDERS got an A, Bolts a B and Chiefs and Broncos got a C+.. PFF saying the players we picked up are an IDEAL FIT!! Hmmmmmmmmmm
PFF loving what the RAIDERS are doing!!
But what does PFF know eh??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what does PFF know eh??

Well not much more than you and me. LIstened to one of their top people talk the other day and he said that the people who work for PFF are mostly just football fans that love to analyze the game. Heck they sent me an email asking if I would like to apply for a job with them the other day. I am nothing more than just a fan and they are wanting people like me to be an analysis for them. So they are worth reading but obviously with a grain of salt

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not much more than you and me. LIstened to one of their top people talk the other day and he said that the people who work for PFF are mostly just football fans that love to analyze the game. Heck they sent me an email asking if I would like to apply for a job with them the other day. I am nothing more than just a fan and they are wanting people like me to be an analysis for them. So they are worth reading but obviously with a grain of salt
Boy, you sure used them last year big time.. But hey?? They were loving the Broncos last year, this year it's the RAIDERS.. So now we take them with a grain of salt.. Why is that man??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, you sure used them last year big time.. But hey?? They were loving the Broncos last year, this year it's the RAIDERS.. So now we take them with a grain of salt.. Why is that man??

Actually most of last year I soured on them. Even with them saying the Broncos were the best defense the NFL has seen since they started doing PFF. Even better than the 2013 Seahawks defense. Yet I was here saying that while they have value as a site I wouldn't quote them as the end all be all of websites when it comes to knowing football. I've said I have actually taken the time to research the people who work for the site and have come to the conclusion that they are closer to a bunch of football nerds who are couch GM's just like you and me compared to actual professionals that know for sure what is going on for a certain play. I have heard actual players talk about how they read what these guys write and just can't believe how little they know about the actual game of football.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually most of last year I soured on them. Even with them saying the Broncos were the best defense the NFL has seen since they started doing PFF. Even better than the 2013 Seahawks defense. Yet I was here saying that while they have value as a site I wouldn't quote them as the end all be all of websites when it comes to knowing football. I've said I have actually taken the time to research the people who work for the site and have come to the conclusion that they are closer to a bunch of football nerds who are couch GM's just like you and me compared to actual professionals that know for sure what is going on for a certain play. I have heard actual players talk about how they read what these guys write and just can't believe how little they know about the actual game of football.
cd, you seem like an alright dude, and i like chopping it up with ya it's fun.. But you are starting to sound like a sore loser and the season hasn't even started yet.. Just roll with it man, i did last year when you used PFF and pro bowls etc all offseason against me.. And my argument remained, no sweep!!

Make an argument on why Sanchez will BEAT us and WIN the AFCW..
It's funny how everything comes full circle?? Sanchez was a mocked man, and now he is your starter!!
So tell us why he will beat the RAIDERS, Chiefs and Bolts and WIN the AFCW??
Don't worry about PFF, Pro bowls, etc the play is proven on the field..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, you seem like an alright dude, and i like chopping it up with ya it's fun.. But you are starting to sound like a sore loser and the season hasn't even started yet.. Just roll with it man, i did last year when you used PFF and pro bowls etc all offseason against me.. And my argument remained, no sweep!!

Make an argument on why Sanchez will BEAT us and WIN the AFCW..
It's funny how everything comes full circle?? Sanchez was a mocked man, and now he is your starter!!
So tell us why he will beat the RAIDERS, Chiefs and Bolts and WIN the AFCW??
Don't worry about PFF, Pro bowls, etc the play is proven on the field..

I'm just not a fan of somebody misquoting me. While yes I have used PFF in the past this past season that was definitely not the case. I'm not saying it doesn't have some value but it still like any stat based stat doesn't tell the whole story.

Anyway I don't think Sanchez will beat you guys but I do think the Broncos will do it. I honestly think the QB position will not be the focus of the Broncos offense but that of the running game. We updated our OL with younger better pieces like Okung to anchor the LT spot and have our guys now in the 2nd year of the system. Throw in still having Anderson and Booker now added to the mix along with Hillman still under contract gives us 3 guys that look like they could start and find success. Throw in a QB that can run the bootleg play that Kubiak is so famous for making that backside DE have to respect that our QB could run that play for a big play in the game meaning the backside cutback lane should be much more open this year. Look at how much Kubiak's system in Baltimore improved their offense. They went from a bottom-10 offense in the NFL to top-7 the very year they got Kubiak. They went from worst running team to top-5 in one season. Now that we have a QB that will run Kubiak's system instead of the hybrid we tried to run last year with Manning we should see a much more potent run attack. You put that with our already elite defense and it should be a tough combo to beat.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not a fan of somebody misquoting me. While yes I have used PFF in the past this past season that was definitely not the case. I'm not saying it doesn't have some value but it still like any stat based stat doesn't tell the whole story.

Anyway I don't think Sanchez will beat you guys but I do think the Broncos will do it. I honestly think the QB position will not be the focus of the Broncos offense but that of the running game. We updated our OL with younger better pieces like Okung to anchor the LT spot and have our guys now in the 2nd year of the system. Throw in still having Anderson and Booker now added to the mix along with Hillman still under contract gives us 3 guys that look like they could start and find success. Throw in a QB that can run the bootleg play that Kubiak is so famous for making that backside DE have to respect that our QB could run that play for a big play in the game meaning the backside cutback lane should be much more open this year. Look at how much Kubiak's system in Baltimore improved their offense. They went from a bottom-10 offense in the NFL to top-7 the very year they got Kubiak. They went from worst running team to top-5 in one season. Now that we have a QB that will run Kubiak's system instead of the hybrid we tried to run last year with Manning we should see a much more potent run attack. You put that with our already elite defense and it should be a tough combo to beat.
cd, your D was elite last year but that remains to be seen this year.. That D took a big hit in FA along with Ware and Talib being a year older, not to mention if they still hungry..

And without good QB play you are only winning maybe 8 games this year, maybe.. For as bad as PM played last year, the dude was still PM.. His ARM was not there but his mind was, don't EVER forget that.. He knew exactly what plays to call even if his arm was not there.. And funny how you guys just throw Osweiler under the bus, he only went?? 5-2 or so for you guys starting?? Hmmm You guys have Sanchez dude, a player you and your fan base mocked..

So again i ask you cd, how are you guys winning the AFCW??
Gotta roll dude.. :)

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh one more thing?? You seem to forget that teams will have another year of tape on Phillips D as well..
The AFCW is wide open for business!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, your D was elite last year but that remains to be seen this year.. That D took a big hit in FA along with Ware and Talib being a year older, not to mention if they still hungry..

And without good QB play you are only winning maybe 8 games this year, maybe.. For as bad as PM played last year, the dude was still PM.. His ARM was not there but his mind was, don't EVER forget that.. He knew exactly what plays to call even if his arm was not there.. And funny how you guys just throw Osweiler under the bus, he only went?? 5-2 or so for you guys starting?? Hmmm You guys have Sanchez dude, a player you and your fan base mocked..

So again i ask you cd, how are you guys winning the AFCW??
Gotta roll dude.. :)

I tell you how our offense will find success and you just don't like the answer. Few points...

1) We will just have to see on the defensive side of the ball what happens. We lost 2 players on defense that were starters. I guess you can call that a big hit but we shall see. I think there are plenty of things to counter such a loss. Such as this now being 2nd year in the same system. So that means 9 starters that are that much more in tune with what they are doing and not having to think as much of where they should be on any given play. Next is that while Ware and Talib are another year older that also means many of our guys are entering their prime like Marshall, Harris, Miller, Wolfe, Stewart, and Roby. All those guys are just now starting their prime years in the league.

2) Manning was not his usual self at all. Different system meant that even he at times was confused on what was going on. It is why he threw so many interceptions. They were not tipped passes. They were bad decisions on his part to throw into triple coverage on a lot of plays. He looked very confused.

3) Osweiler was not 5-2 the Broncos were 5-2. Osweiler averaged something like 17 points a game with our offense. That would be a bottom-5 offense in the NFL most years. So that is why Bronco fans were not too upset to see Osweiler go. We had to dumb down the offense when he went in. Heck other coaches talked about it that with Osweiler he was very easy to game plan for because of how simplified the offense had to become for him to function.

4) I have never once made fun of Sanchez. I don't think he is a long-term solution and he doesn't get me all that excited if he is our starter but I think he can manage just fine. Heck when with the Jets he went to 2 AFC Championship games so not like he has been a complete failure as a starter in this league. I'm not even sure though that he will be our starter. There are 2 other guys fighting with him for the job. Have to see who comes out on top.

5) Again to me more so than the QB position will be if we can have a top-10 rushing attack like Kubiak has had most places he has gone. If we can get that it should shorten the game making life much easier on our defense and life much easier for the QB's. I honestly believe that Kubiak's system running the football is why QB's love his scheme so much because it makes life so much easier for them throwing into single coverage with defenses having to commit to stop the run. That is what happened in Denver, Houston, and Baltimore.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh one more thing?? You seem to forget that teams will have another year of tape on Phillips D as well..
The AFCW is wide open for business!!

You seem to forget that teams have had 30 years worth of tape on Phillips' defense and yet they couldn't stop the broncos. You also seem to forget that the Broncos did a very good job of calling a defense geared towards the offense they were facing. Such as against Green Bay they played a lot more contain pressure than in your face pressure forcing Rodgers to have to play from the pocket instead of letting him get to the edges where he is so dangerous. With Brady they dropped 8 into coverage more times in one game than the entire season combined causing BRady to have to pull up before he threw to his usual spots allowing pressure to get to him. They also brought pressure more up the middle than on the edges as pressure in his face is what gets to him. Against Carolina they went to complete man coverage to bring as many guys in the box to stop the run and force Cam to beat them with his arm. They game planned specific to the team they were playing and they could do this because they had talent at every level that could adapt to such a game plan and find success. Not every team has such talent across the board. A great example is the Broncos had 2 ILB's that finished top-5 in coverage ability among ILB's in the NFL. Against NE this was huge because those linebackers were asked to cover the RB's streaking down the field in one on one coverage. Most teams don't have that ability which is why NE is so dangerous in the pass game. they find the weak match ups and exploit them. They couldnt' do that against the Broncos.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to forget that teams have had 30 years worth of tape on Phillips' defense and yet they couldn't stop the broncos. You also seem to forget that the Broncos did a very good job of calling a defense geared towards the offense they were facing. Such as against Green Bay they played a lot more contain pressure than in your face pressure forcing Rodgers to have to play from the pocket instead of letting him get to the edges where he is so dangerous. With Brady they dropped 8 into coverage more times in one game than the entire season combined causing BRady to have to pull up before he threw to his usual spots allowing pressure to get to him. They also brought pressure more up the middle than on the edges as pressure in his face is what gets to him. Against Carolina they went to complete man coverage to bring as many guys in the box to stop the run and force Cam to beat them with his arm. They game planned specific to the team they were playing and they could do this because they had talent at every level that could adapt to such a game plan and find success. Not every team has such talent across the board. A great example is the Broncos had 2 ILB's that finished top-5 in coverage ability among ILB's in the NFL. Against NE this was huge because those linebackers were asked to cover the RB's streaking down the field in one on one coverage. Most teams don't have that ability which is why NE is so dangerous in the pass game. they find the weak match ups and exploit them. They couldnt' do that against the Broncos.
cd i will give you my thoughts on these two posts when i have time.. Ya just know i will.. Later

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you how our offense will find success and you just don't like the answer. Few points...

1) We will just have to see on the defensive side of the ball what happens. We lost 2 players on defense that were starters. I guess you can call that a big hit but we shall see. I think there are plenty of things to counter such a loss. Such as this now being 2nd year in the same system. So that means 9 starters that are that much more in tune with what they are doing and not having to think as much of where they should be on any given play. Next is that while Ware and Talib are another year older that also means many of our guys are entering their prime like Marshall, Harris, Miller, Wolfe, Stewart, and Roby. All those guys are just now starting their prime years in the league.

2) Manning was not his usual self at all. Different system meant that even he at times was confused on what was going on. It is why he threw so many interceptions. They were not tipped passes. They were bad decisions on his part to throw into triple coverage on a lot of plays. He looked very confused.

3) Osweiler was not 5-2 the Broncos were 5-2. Osweiler averaged something like 17 points a game with our offense. That would be a bottom-5 offense in the NFL most years. So that is why Bronco fans were not too upset to see Osweiler go. We had to dumb down the offense when he went in. Heck other coaches talked about it that with Osweiler he was very easy to game plan for because of how simplified the offense had to become for him to function.

4) I have never once made fun of Sanchez. I don't think he is a long-term solution and he doesn't get me all that excited if he is our starter but I think he can manage just fine. Heck when with the Jets he went to 2 AFC Championship games so not like he has been a complete failure as a starter in this league. I'm not even sure though that he will be our starter. There are 2 other guys fighting with him for the job. Have to see who comes out on top.

5) Again to me more so than the QB position will be if we can have a top-10 rushing attack like Kubiak has had most places he has gone. If we can get that it should shorten the game making life much easier on our defense and life much easier for the QB's. I honestly believe that Kubiak's system running the football is why QB's love his scheme so much because it makes life so much easier for them throwing into single coverage with defenses having to commit to stop the run. That is what happened in Denver, Houston, and Baltimore.

cd, your OL is not very good you guys have a QB that's the punch line of the league and your RBs are not all that.. Now this is just what it looks like to an outsider cd, im not saying it's true or nothing like that man..
Im just saying man..

And it's sort of funny to me how PM and Osweiler get thrown under the bus, smh.. Yeah, they had NO part in why you guys won.. The truth is they were the reason why you guys won, along with the play of the D cd.. No need to throw them under the bus now just to make a point..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, your OL is not very good you guys have a QB that's the punch line of the league and your RBs are not all that.. Now this is just what it looks like to an outsider cd, im not saying it's true or nothing like that man..
Im just saying man..

And it's sort of funny to me how PM and Osweiler get thrown under the bus, smh.. Yeah, they had NO part in why you guys won.. The truth is they were the reason why you guys won, along with the play of the D cd.. No need to throw them under the bus now just to make a point..

Haha so them finishing with the 31st QB Rating in the league. Having the most turnovers of any QB grouping in the entire league. But hey yeah they are the reason we won. Had nothing to do with our #1 defense and our top-5 Special Teams unit. Yup all about the QB's and what they could do. I guess ignore the fact that in the Super Bowl we only had 1 conversion on 3rd down or the lowest yards of any Super Bowl winner ever. Let's ignore that Manning turned the ball over twice in that game with 0 touchdowns. Yup he should have been the MVP of the Super Bowl not Von Miller who forced 2 turnovers and caused havoc on the best offense in the NFL this past season. Idaho if we are going to discuss this we have to both work to be rational. Saying our QB's are why we won is not doing that. I just can't continue if that is what you think and I'll just go back to the Broncos board.