• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the draft now wrapped up, and taking a peak at what the rest of the division did in FA and the draft??
They have NO chance!! Im sorry...

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the draft now wrapped up, and taking a peak at what the rest of the division did in FA and the draft??
They have NO chance!! Im sorry...
J/K.. By the way it looks as of now, its a 4 team race to the top!!
The up and coming RAIDERS..
The defending SB champs..
The playoffs Chiefs..
And the Bolts who had a down year but loaded up in FA and the draft..
That's no easy task to WIN the AFCW!! The BEST division in football..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really liking Max McCaffery!! 6-2 4.49 40 with great hands as you would expect..
And it's even better that he picked the RAIDERS over ANY team out there!! So i HOPE he makes the team, so he can ball with his Bro next year when we draft him..

And when you think about it, why not the RAIDERS?? Here is a young up and coming team thats the buzz of the league, along with Derek Carr throwing him the ball.. Throw on that Silver and Black Max and catch balls like your Dad, and you will be a RAIDER for a long time..

Max is nothing like his dad. Honestly they are completely opposite types of WR's. Ed was not a speed demon. His skill set was more run great routes, make the contested catches especially over the middle. Max is more of a burner type WR.

Also just so you know the biggest reason he is going to the Raiders has to do with one of your coaches. You guys have his old high school coach as one of your coaches. I would also say he has more of an opportunity to actually make the team with the Raiders. Essentially to make the Broncos roster at the WR position as an UDFA it will have to be because you are a Kick/Punt returner as well. Max did none of that in college so the chances of him making it just as a WR are slim to none with the Broncos where the Raiders while having some very good WR's lack much depth beyond the top-3 guys. So there is more of a chance to make it as that #4 WR that doesn't require you to be a special teams player.

Good pick up for you guys and I don't blame the kid for going there. Honestly smart move for him. He is dead to me because he plays for you guys but smart move for him.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max is nothing like his dad. Honestly they are completely opposite types of WR's. Ed was not a speed demon. His skill set was more run great routes, make the contested catches especially over the middle. Max is more of a burner type WR.

Also just so you know the biggest reason he is going to the Raiders has to do with one of your coaches. You guys have his old high school coach as one of your coaches. I would also say he has more of an opportunity to actually make the team with the Raiders. Essentially to make the Broncos roster at the WR position as an UDFA it will have to be because you are a Kick/Punt returner as well. Max did none of that in college so the chances of him making it just as a WR are slim to none with the Broncos where the Raiders while having some very good WR's lack much depth beyond the top-3 guys. So there is more of a chance to make it as that #4 WR that doesn't require you to be a special teams player.

Good pick up for you guys and I don't blame the kid for going there. Honestly smart move for him. He is dead to me because he plays for you guys but smart move for him.
Elway ask Ed to get his son to play for the Broncos, so clearly he wanted Max on his team.. But he son said Nah..
And you can believe that coaching ties, in why he chose us over you guys if you want.. But the bottom line is he picked the RAIDERS over the Broncos.. I mean it is what it is.. It's no lock that he makes our team either..
But if im a young WR with his skills, im going to Oak and ball with Carr and Amari..
The RAIDERS are an appealing team to players now days.. The old days are LONG gone..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway ask Ed to get his son to play for the Broncos, so clearly he wanted Max on his team.. But he son said Nah..
And you can believe that coaching ties, in why he chose us over you guys if you want.. But the bottom line is he picked the RAIDERS over the Broncos.. I mean it is what it is.. It's no lock that he makes our team either..
But if im a young WR with his skills, im going to Oak and ball with Carr and Amari..
The RAIDERS are an appealing team to players now days.. The old days are LONG gone..

Yes the Broncos reached out. Fans would have been upset if we didn't. We didn't offer him any kind of contract or anything of the sorts just wanted to gauge his interest. Again I'm not saying he isn't a good WR. I'm saying he realized that with the Broncos there was very little chance he makes our roster. At best he would have been a practice squad guy. We already have DT, Sanders, and Latimer guaranteed to make the roster. Behind them we have Bennie Fowler and Jordan Norwood who both made the team last year and have the experience. So that leaves one WR position on the team possibly open and that player has to have Special Teams ability if we are going to carry 6 WR's again on this roster. Max doesn't have special teams experience so he needed to go to a team that he can maybe make it as that 4th WR that doesn't have to have specialties added on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not trying to say the Raiders are not an appealing team to go to. I'm saying that all these UDFA players have to look at the rosters of the teams interested in them and gauge which team they stand the best chance of actually making the team. If I were an OL guy I would pick the Broncos because we don't have a ton of depth at that position so they would stand a better chance of actually making our team. I wouldn't want to come to Denver if I am a pass rusher though or a Corner or a WR. We are pretty set at those positions. Every team has depth issues at some position on their roster and to me the Raiders one of those positions is WR. That doesn't mean they don't have talent at the position as they definitely have talent but they don't have the best depth.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not trying to say the Raiders are not an appealing team to go to. I'm saying that all these UDFA players have to look at the rosters of the teams interested in them and gauge which team they stand the best chance of actually making the team. If I were an OL guy I would pick the Broncos because we don't have a ton of depth at that position so they would stand a better chance of actually making our team. I wouldn't want to come to Denver if I am a pass rusher though or a Corner or a WR. We are pretty set at those positions. Every team has depth issues at some position on their roster and to me the Raiders one of those positions is WR. That doesn't mean they don't have talent at the position as they definitely have talent but they don't have the best depth.
I understand that, but the bottom line here cd is, he picked the RAIDERS man even after Elway reached out to his old man for him.. So that says Elway wanted him regardless of roster.. Max McCaffery could of picked any team he wanted to go too.. But he picked his dad's hated rival the Oakland RAIDERS!! And that's even after his dad's HOF QB ask him to get his son to join his team.. Now, we can both spin this any way we want right?? But who does he play for as of now.. Regardless if he makes our team or not, it says alot.. Imho

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, but the bottom line here cd is, he picked the RAIDERS man even after Elway reached out to his old man for him.. So that says Elway wanted him regardless of roster.. Max McCaffery could of picked any team he wanted to go too.. But he picked his dad's hated rival the Oakland RAIDERS!! And that's even after his dad's HOF QB ask him to get his son to join his team.. Now, we can both spin this any way we want right?? But who does he play for as of now.. Regardless if he makes our team or not, it says alot.. Imho

I don't think it says much of anything. Like I said it shows the kid is smart. Yes Elway reached out and like I said Bronco fans would have been ticked if he didn't. They reach out to a ton of UDFA's though that don't sign with them. I'm guessing they called over 100 kids that didn't get drafted and hey 20 of them signed with the Broncos. So that means 80% of the players they called turned them down. It is the name of the game. Max I'm sure knows the Broncos roster better than any other roster out there growing up as a Bronco fan. I'm sure like I said he sees the limited chance he makes our roster unless injury happens. The Raiders offer the better opportunity.

I guess my question to you then Idaho is what does it say about your team for all those players they called that turned down the Raiders? You can't have this thing both ways. Either that means a lot as well that those players don't see your team as the up and coming one you do or it just means they see better opportunities to actually make a roster elsewhere compared to the Raiders.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it says much of anything. Like I said it shows the kid is smart. Yes Elway reached out and like I said Bronco fans would have been ticked if he didn't. They reach out to a ton of UDFA's though that don't sign with them. I'm guessing they called over 100 kids that didn't get drafted and hey 20 of them signed with the Broncos. So that means 80% of the players they called turned them down. It is the name of the game. Max I'm sure knows the Broncos roster better than any other roster out there growing up as a Bronco fan. I'm sure like I said he sees the limited chance he makes our roster unless injury happens. The Raiders offer the better opportunity.

I guess my question to you then Idaho is what does it say about your team for all those players they called that turned down the Raiders? You can't have this thing both ways. Either that means a lot as well that those players don't see your team as the up and coming one you do or it just means they see better opportunities to actually make a roster elsewhere compared to the Raiders.
This runs much deeper than a roster spot cd for the fan bases as well as Elway..
Dude i understand everything your saying, but that's not how this went down.. The fact here cd is that Elway asked Ed to get his son to sign with you guys, and that is a fact we just can't get away from.. And Max McCaffery said no im going to the RAIDERS!! Now this means nothing to the media, but to RAIDER and Bronco fan it does.. This huge news man.. This the RAIDERS and the Broncos we are talking about, with Ed McCaffery and Elway being a part of this story.. Again, who knows if Max even makes our team i HOPE so, but it's huge either way..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This runs much deeper than a roster spot cd for the fan bases as well as Elway..
Dude i understand everything your saying, but that's not how this went down.. The fact here cd is that Elway asked Ed to get his son to sign with you guys, and that is a fact we just can't get away from.. And Max McCaffery said no im going to the RAIDERS!! Now this means nothing to the media, but to RAIDER and Bronco fan it does.. This huge news man.. This the RAIDERS and the Broncos we are talking about, with Ed McCaffery and Elway being a part of this story.. Again, who knows if Max even makes our team i HOPE so, but it's huge either way..

Actually sorry I just realized that you have been saying something that is just not true. Elway did not call Ed about his son. I don't know where you got that information from but that is just not true. The Broncos called Max himself right after the draft and there were no contract talks or anything but he just said he was respectfully going in a different direction. That is straight from his agent that this is how the whole thing went down. So if you can show me anywhere that it has been said that Elway called Ed to talk to his son about joining the Broncos I will admit I was wrong but I think you have misheard the situation and how this went down.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure if you caught this one yet. call me nostalgic and I am A trojans fan. But I love the UDFA signing. He has also shown flashes of his father while at USC

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually sorry I just realized that you have been saying something that is just not true. Elway did not call Ed about his son. I don't know where you got that information from but that is just not true. The Broncos called Max himself right after the draft and there were no contract talks or anything but he just said he was respectfully going in a different direction. That is straight from his agent that this is how the whole thing went down. So if you can show me anywhere that it has been said that Elway called Ed to talk to his son about joining the Broncos I will admit I was wrong but I think you have misheard the situation and how this went down.
He picked the RAIDERS over the Broncos cd.. That kind of stuff happens..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure if you caught this one yet. call me nostalgic and I am A trojans fan. But I love the UDFA signing. He has also shown flashes of his father while at USC

Of course ClarksDevil.. That one was talked about by most RAIDER Fans.. I love it and HOPE he makes the team..
Could you imagine if he Picked the Broncos over the RAIDERS!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cd, if Reggie reached out to baby Townsend and he picked the Broncos i would be pissed!!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, if Reggie reached out to baby Townsend and he picked the Broncos i would be pissed!!
He does need development. But I saw A lot of him with USC. And he did show some flashes of his father especially in big games and big situations. If he can be more consistent and he's developed properly. He's got a high ceiling for potential. His dad is A raiders Legacy I loved the signing

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does need development. But I saw A lot of him with USC. And he did show some flashes of his father especially in big games and big situations. If he can be more consistent and he's developed properly. He's got a high ceiling for potential. His dad is A raiders Legacy I loved the signing
Yes Sir.. I see alot of USC games, and he is just what you said.. He has a great chance.. I bet Papa is all proud..
Go get that Legacy your Father had!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He picked the RAIDERS over the Broncos cd.. That kind of stuff happens..

I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm disagreeing with you saying this is a huge deal. He sees that there are opportunities on the Raiders to actually make the roster where the Broncos have already 5 returning WR's from last year still on the roster. The odds are better in Oakland compared to Denver for him to make it as a WR. So logically it makes sense for him to pick the Raiders over the Broncos. I doubt this has much to do anything about actually thinking the Raiders are an up and coming team. Otherwise why would any of the top UDFA's go anywhere but a contender every single year? I mean if that is the case then Jeremy Cash who had every single team call him wanting his services as an UDFA views the Saints as that next great up and coming team. I'm just trying to follow your logic here Idaho and it just isn't adding up. This boils down to opportunity more so than anything else.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm disagreeing with you saying this is a huge deal. He sees that there are opportunities on the Raiders to actually make the roster where the Broncos have already 5 returning WR's from last year still on the roster. The odds are better in Oakland compared to Denver for him to make it as a WR. So logically it makes sense for him to pick the Raiders over the Broncos. I doubt this has much to do anything about actually thinking the Raiders are an up and coming team. Otherwise why would any of the top UDFA's go anywhere but a contender every single year? I mean if that is the case then Jeremy Cash who had every single team call him wanting his services as an UDFA views the Saints as that next great up and coming team. I'm just trying to follow your logic here Idaho and it just isn't adding up. This boils down to opportunity more so than anything else.
Like i said cd i understand that.. We already debated this and in the end, he picked Oak over the Broncos.. And that's with Elway making a pitch for him.. Elway wanted him and he said no.. Why is that so hard to understand??
Im not talking about opportunity, making the team or anything like that..
This is about Elway asking ED to get his son to sign with Denver and Max said no im going to the RAIDERS..