• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well NFL.com just gave the Raiders the worst grade in the AFC West. Just shows we all have guys we like and can watch the same thing yet arrive at different conclusions
And yet Eric Davis said it was the best.. Oh and he works for NFLN..

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dig deeper Trojan.. Cmon man you can find someone better than him..

oh come on your the biggest raider yes man around. you would rate every raider draft pick A++. maybe the picks pan out and reggie is the one holding pot of gold.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bet sounds good. What I meant by posting that Idaho is it is easy to find the people who agree with us. The draft is a complete crap shoot. I love the Broncos draft and think it is Elway's best but in two years all these guys could be complete busts. I mean the draft Wilson was taken in for the Seahawks got an F by most analyst. That draft won them their first Super Bowl

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh come on your the biggest raider yes man around. you would rate every raider draft pick A++. maybe the picks pan out and reggie is the one holding pot of gold.
Well he has had to of the top rated drafts in back to back years along with two of the top rated FA hauls as well.. So tell me Trojan, am i wrong?? We added even more players in this draft that will help us WIN the AFCW, so whats the problem??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bet sounds good. What I meant by posting that Idaho is it is easy to find the people who agree with us. The draft is a complete crap shoot. I love the Broncos draft and think it is Elway's best but in two years all these guys could be complete busts. I mean the draft Wilson was taken in for the Seahawks got an F by most analyst. That draft won them their first Super Bowl
Oh i agree cd, but the prof is out there for both of our teams.. We are drafting good, both teams are.. I mean the AFCW as a whole is drafting good imo.. This comes down to what GOOD drafted players are better..

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has had to of the top rated drafts in back to back years along with two of the top rated FA hauls as well.. So tell me Trojan, am i wrong?? We added even more players in this draft that will help us WIN the AFCW, so whats the problem??

i say you gotta take the good with the bad...dj hayden is his doing..and taking players so highly coming off of serious knee injuries is rolling the dice. last years draft was ok. picks pretty much fell in his lap. i don't know how you consider this to be one of the top rated drafts..at best its middle of back. he could have traded down and got safety he took in 1st round. he was projected as late 1st round. and the 2nd rounder was a reach. the draft talk was that nobody was gonna draft him till 4th round. they didn't take a true MLB as the article says..im not a believer that ben heeney's 34 tackles show he's the answer. there were plenty of qbs just as good as connor cook taken in 6th round. also could have used some Wr's. maybe a DT crabtree and Dan williams aren't exactly young guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i agree cd, but the prof is out there for both of our teams.. We are drafting good, both teams are.. I mean the AFCW as a whole is drafting good imo.. This comes down to what GOOD drafted players are better..

See to me unless you are picking top-10 for the most part there is a big clump of the next players. What usually separates them is 1) Their desire to be great 2) Situation they go to that gives them a chance to be great 3) Coaching. I think that last one is the most underrated of the 3. This is why Cleveland even though most years pick top-10 and pick guys who were expected to go top-10 continue to fail year after year drafting. They are like the teacher who gives the student a pencil and tells them to go take the hardest test of their life without actually teaching them how to do the hardest test of their life.

Elway has this famous saying among Bronco fans..."We don't draft All-Pros, hopefully, we can make them here." This past year Bronco fans got to see what this new coaching staff can do. Essentially we had a lot of the same players on defense as the year before yet with Kollar the new DL Coach (we call him the Bear Wrestler as he used to wrestle bears for money in college) we saw our DL all have their best season yet and of course with Wade Phillips one of the more aggressive DC's in the league letting our pass rushers attack we had an incredible defense. Have to see how the offensive side does this year now that they have more players that fit the system better.

I will agree I did like the AFC West drafts probably more than most others in the league.

Other drafts I liked...Indy

Ryan Kelly finally gives Luck some protection up the middle.
Not a fan of their 2nd round pick as he is more athlete than actual football player. Should have been a 5th or 6th round prospect based on his in game play. Otherwise though most of the guys they got were great value in my opinion.

Ravens--I hate saying that but they got a lot of guys I was hoping the Broncos would get. Usually for me I base a draft on if they are players I wished I was on the Broncos and Kaufusi, Henry, Dixon, Judon, Reynolds, and a couple of others are all guys I had targeted for the Broncos.

In the NFC

San Fran--I didn't like their trade up to get a Guard but he fits them well and I think this is a draft that helps them get back on track if they can figure out what they are doing at QB. Probably will still have a bad season this year but year 2 I could see people really thinking this draft incredible.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for Raiders fans...I remember them talking about this yesterday in that the drafting of the Raiders should have some Raiders fans worried about the recovery of Mario Edwards with his neck injury. Since they use 2 straight picks on the DL that are of high value. Anybody hear anything about what is going on? I keep reading conflicting reports of some saying he is going to be just fine and others saying things have no progressed like the Raiders coaches had hoped.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say you gotta take the good with the bad...dj hayden is his doing..and taking players so highly coming off of serious knee injuries is rolling the dice. last years draft was ok. picks pretty much fell in his lap. i don't know how you consider this to be one of the top rated drafts..at best its middle of back. he could have traded down and got safety he took in 1st round. he was projected as late 1st round. and the 2nd rounder was a reach. the draft talk was that nobody was gonna draft him till 4th round. they didn't take a true MLB as the article says..im not a believer that ben heeney's 34 tackles show he's the answer. there were plenty of qbs just as good as connor cook taken in 6th round. also could have used some Wr's. maybe a DT crabtree and Dan williams aren't exactly young guys.
Picks that fell to our lap eh.. Well tell that to the Texans who to Clowney, and we took Mack the ALL PRO.. So did Carr fall to our Lap as well?? Jackson, Walford, Coop, Edwards, Heeney,etc?? How about our Pro Bowl RB who was a 6th round pick, Rivera, again etc.. Nobody hits on them all, and the sooner you except that the sooner we can move on.. And Crabs is what, 27Y and Williams the same.. Seems like they are just hitting that prime.. Heeney will be a monster this year dude, clearly you are not paying attention to how the RAIDERS play.. Cmon dude we got this..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See to me unless you are picking top-10 for the most part there is a big clump of the next players. What usually separates them is 1) Their desire to be great 2) Situation they go to that gives them a chance to be great 3) Coaching. I think that last one is the most underrated of the 3. This is why Cleveland even though most years pick top-10 and pick guys who were expected to go top-10 continue to fail year after year drafting. They are like the teacher who gives the student a pencil and tells them to go take the hardest test of their life without actually teaching them how to do the hardest test of their life.

Elway has this famous saying among Bronco fans..."We don't draft All-Pros, hopefully, we can make them here." This past year Bronco fans got to see what this new coaching staff can do. Essentially we had a lot of the same players on defense as the year before yet with Kollar the new DL Coach (we call him the Bear Wrestler as he used to wrestle bears for money in college) we saw our DL all have their best season yet and of course with Wade Phillips one of the more aggressive DC's in the league letting our pass rushers attack we had an incredible defense. Have to see how the offensive side does this year now that they have more players that fit the system better.

I will agree I did like the AFC West drafts probably more than most others in the league.

Other drafts I liked...Indy

Ryan Kelly finally gives Luck some protection up the middle.
Not a fan of their 2nd round pick as he is more athlete than actual football player. Should have been a 5th or 6th round prospect based on his in game play. Otherwise though most of the guys they got were great value in my opinion.

Ravens--I hate saying that but they got a lot of guys I was hoping the Broncos would get. Usually for me I base a draft on if they are players I wished I was on the Broncos and Kaufusi, Henry, Dixon, Judon, Reynolds, and a couple of others are all guys I had targeted for the Broncos.

In the NFC

San Fran--I didn't like their trade up to get a Guard but he fits them well and I think this is a draft that helps them get back on track if they can figure out what they are doing at QB. Probably will still have a bad season this year but year 2 I could see people really thinking this draft incredible.
The way you see Elway is the way we see Reggie.. We are finally out of the dark tunnel and on a even playing field.. We can now take BPA if we choose.. It took a while to completely rebuild us, but as you can see we are right there with the rest of the AFCW.. And everybody sees this, just not RAIDER fan..

And outside of the AFCW i really like what the Giants did in FA and the draft..
Eli Apple, Sterling Shepard and Darian Thompson were 3 players i really liked, they did good..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for Raiders fans...I remember them talking about this yesterday in that the drafting of the Raiders should have some Raiders fans worried about the recovery of Mario Edwards with his neck injury. Since they use 2 straight picks on the DL that are of high value. Anybody hear anything about what is going on? I keep reading conflicting reports of some saying he is going to be just fine and others saying things have no progressed like the Raiders coaches had hoped.
Word has it he right on schedule and will be ready for TC.. Going DL in 2 and 3 was more for comp and depth, as well as being multiple on D..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way you see Elway is the way we see Reggie.. We are finally out of the dark tunnel and on a even playing field.. We can now take BPA if we choose.. It took a while to completely rebuild us, but as you can see we are right there with the rest of the AFCW.. And everybody sees this, just not RAIDER fan..

And outside of the AFCW i really like what the Giants did in FA and the draft..
Eli Apple, Sterling Shepard and Darian Thompson were 3 players i really liked, they did good..

You guys are definitely getting there. My only thing is because there has been such a losing culture in Oakland for so long probably the hardest hurdle for the Raiders is actually changing that mindset to actually playing with that attitude of we are better than everybody else. Essentially that is what Elway did more than anything else was from day 1 establish that losing was not an option and the team has really taken hold of that thought process. We have seen though teams that were considered the dark horse to finally make it out of the losing culture only to then stay in it. St. Louis/LA comes to mind. Everybody and their dog has predicted them to make the playoffs for the last 5 or so years because of all the talent on the team. Yet year in and year out they disappoint. So have to see if the Raiders can rise above that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word has it he right on schedule and will be ready for TC.. Going DL in 2 and 3 was more for comp and depth, as well as being multiple on D..

Ok good...just some of them were saying on NFL Network that it should worry some that Raiders are going so heavy on the DL when they have other needs. Just thought maybe they had heard something more on Edwards that I wasn't privy to.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are definitely getting there. My only thing is because there has been such a losing culture in Oakland for so long probably the hardest hurdle for the Raiders is actually changing that mindset to actually playing with that attitude of we are better than everybody else. Essentially that is what Elway did more than anything else was from day 1 establish that losing was not an option and the team has really taken hold of that thought process. We have seen though teams that were considered the dark horse to finally make it out of the losing culture only to then stay in it. St. Louis/LA comes to mind. Everybody and their dog has predicted them to make the playoffs for the last 5 or so years because of all the talent on the team. Yet year in and year out they disappoint. So have to see if the Raiders can rise above that.
I like this post cd.. The culture of losing is what i will call it..
The thing here cd is that these young RAIDERS want to win, the character of these players is second to none.. I mean high character guys that love the game of football.. These young players come in and WORK hard at what they do, and when you do that along with the talent they carry good things happen, as you can see.. Take a close look at this NEW batch of rookies that we just drafted, they fit right in.. Again cd, we are under new management and these young RAIDERS are being groomed to be winners.. Now, whether we win the West or not remains to be seen, but alot of people favor them for that reason i just gave you.. Young, high character and FULL of talent..
Just like you just said, you changed so are we..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty crazy?? Calhoun had one less pressure than Bosa in the last 2 years.. Calhoun 144 and Bosa 145 in total pressure.. Yeah, i think Calhoun will be JUST fine!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sitting back and looking at our draft, im really liking it even more..
These players can really impact this team.. Of course the Star of the draft is Karl Joseph The HitMan!!
Man, Joseph can be great.. Can't wait to see him roaming the middle of the field with Reggie the ball hawk Nelson as his running mate, while being backed by Amerson, Smith and Carrie..

The pressure the RAIDERS bring from their front could be special, making the secondary even better!!
This RAIDER team is DEEP!! Heck even at QB.. Carr, McGloin and Cook!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really liking Max McCaffery!! 6-2 4.49 40 with great hands as you would expect..
And it's even better that he picked the RAIDERS over ANY team out there!! So i HOPE he makes the team, so he can ball with his Bro next year when we draft him..

And when you think about it, why not the RAIDERS?? Here is a young up and coming team thats the buzz of the league, along with Derek Carr throwing him the ball.. Throw on that Silver and Black Max and catch balls like your Dad, and you will be a RAIDER for a long time..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the grades are out eh?? B+ is what the RAIDERS are pretty much getting from the high rollers out there..
Now of course nobody knows what will happen till they play the game..
But these people see the potential in this draft, and the IMPACT they can make..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deandre Washington is going to be badass!!