• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What changes would you like to see in the NFL?

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-The catch rule....needs to be simplified, obviously.
-Offense keeps the ball if it's fumbled through the endzone. Put the ball at the 20 as they do, but the offense retains possession.
-Each team gets 2 challenges per half.
-Eliminate the Pro Bowl.
-Division realignment with 6 divisions (6-6-5-5-5-5).
-Eliminate conferences.

The conference elimination and realignment are far fetched, but I would love to see it. I think it would be pretty cool to have more natural geographic rivalries playing twice a year. 6 division winners and the 6 best records would qualify for playoffs and seeded 1-12 by W-L record. Top-4 receive a 1st round bye. 5-12, 6-11, 7-10, and 8-9 would be the 1st round matchups.

West (6)--ARZ, LAC, LAR, OAK, SEA, SF
Midwest (5)--DAL, DEN, HOU, KC, TEN
Southeast (6)--ATL, CAR, JAX, MIA, NO, TB
North (5)--CHI, DET, GB, IND, MIN
Northeast (5)--BAL, CIN, CLE, NYJ, PIT
East (5)--BUF, NE, NYG, PHI, WAS
-Teams with at least one playoff appearance in the last 3 seasons in BOLD (24 of 32). That's for the people who would claim that this division and that division is filled with bitches and stuff like that.

I didn't put NYG-NYJ in the same division so the rest of the league wouldn't bitch about one of them having 9 home games each season.

With teams playing 8 or 10 division games it allows some wiggle room to schedule some old rivalries with the 6 or 8 remaining. DAL-NYG, for example, could play once a year. I wouldn't be upset if they were no longer a division foe. I'm okay with divisions not being an equal number across the board. It was done that way several years before 2002 so it's manageable.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The need to only get 1 foot in bounds
Make pass interference a 15 yard penalty at most
Make holding by the O a 5 yard penalty

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are resigning a player you drafted you get some sort of salary cap discount.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time theres a long pass the receiver would get tackled before the catch. But PI penalties are too much sometimes.
Holding would go up ten fold

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eliminate the no contact rule, Call holding obviously and PI's if it's obvious... Make PI's a 15 yard penalty at maximum, auto 1st down is fine, but stop handing offenses massive chunks of yards on cheesy PI calls... I don't want to hear how DB's will just grab receivers if there beat, OH WELL, it's still an auto 1st down regardless and a 15 yard penalty if it's down field enough... I also like the idea of making holding calls 5 yard penalties, 10 yard penalties are just vicious at stopping drives... The NFL needs to balance out offense vs defense because right now it's leaning WAY towards the offense, and that's not fair for the game...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I would make the game far less offensive-oriented. The NFL found a good balance after 1978, but starting in 1994, the league has tilted consistently towards (passing) offense, and it's made for a worse product.

Secondly, they have to get a better control on the HGH/steroids issue. Somehow legislate it in, or find a way to truly curb it, as I believe the whole 'bigger/faster/stronger' nonsense has greatly increased the injury rates.

Thirdly, I think they need to rework the salary cap/free agency issues. There should be some sort of structure in place, but I think teams that draft well should be more or less more rewarded for that success. Somehow let teams have more cash available to pay their own players.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Offense keeps the ball if it's fumbled through the endzone. Put the ball at the 20 as they do, but the offense retains possession.
-Each team gets 2 challenges per half.
-Eliminate the Pro Bowl.
-Division realignment with 6 divisions (6-6-5-5-5-5).
-Eliminate conferences.

The conference elimination and realignment are far fetched, but I would love to see it. I think it would be pretty cool to have more natural geographic rivalries playing twice a year. 6 division winners and the 6 best records would qualify for playoffs and seeded 1-12 by W-L record. Top-4 receive a 1st round bye. 5-12, 6-11, 7-10, and 8-9 would be the 1st round matchups.

-Teams with at least one playoff appearance in the last 3 seasons in BOLD (24 of 32). That's for the people who would claim that this division and that division is filled with bitches and stuff like that.

I didn't put NYG-NYJ in the same division so the rest of the league wouldn't bitch about one of them having 9 home games each season.

With teams playing 8 or 10 division games it allows some wiggle room to schedule some old rivalries with the 6 or 8 remaining. DAL-NYG, for example, could play once a year. I wouldn't be upset if they were no longer a division foe. I'm okay with divisions not being an equal number across the board. It was done that way several years before 2002 so it's manageable.

I think the pro bowl should just be a challenge weekend, like a field goal challenge, throwing challenge, running challenge, just make it about fun competition and don't actually play a real game ... I would watch that .. That way you can still name the pro bowl players, and have some what of a festive weekend with it...

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a runner fumbles the ball into the end zone and out of bounds rule. Why in the hell does the defense get the ball? Stupid. If the runner fumbles the ball anywhere else on the field and it goes out of bounds they get to keep the ball. Why does fumbling into the end zone have to punish a team so severely? Give them the ball back at say the 10 yard line or something. Don’t give it to the defense. Dumbest rule in the NFL.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a runner fumbles the ball into the end zone and out of bounds rule. Why in the hell does the defense get the ball? Stupid. If the runner fumbles the ball anywhere else on the field and it goes out of bounds they get to keep the ball. Why does fumbling into the end zone have to punish a team so severely? Give them the ball back at say the 10 yard line or something. Don’t give it to the defense. Dumbest rule in the NFL.
The ball is fumbled out of bounds behind the D so it makes perfect sense to call it a turnover.

If you don't want to turn the ball over don't fumble

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad enough the Cowgirls and foreskins bring the NFC East down but now you want to add the Bills?

Lay off the weed bruh....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a toughie.

I agree that it's bullshit that a ticky tack PI becomes a 40 yard gain.

On the other hand, DB's beaten for a long bomb will intentionally commit PI if it it's only a 15 yard penalty.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the catch rule be what it once was. If the ball doesn't touch the ground and both feet are in...it's a catch. I'd also like the clock to remain stopped on out of bounds plays throughout the game instead of restarting the clock when the ball is placed. I'd like to see pass interference changed to a 20 or 25 yard penalty.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a toughie.

I agree that it's bullshit that a ticky tack PI becomes a 40 yard gain.

On the other hand, DB's beaten for a long bomb will intentionally commit PI if it it's only a 15 yard penalty.

No guarantee the receiver catches the ball anyways, and there should never be a 40 yard penalty.

It's a 15 yarder in college. Works just fine there.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball is fumbled out of bounds behind the D so it makes perfect sense to call it a turnover.

If you don't want to turn the ball over don't fumble

Was it recovered by the defense?? Nope. How’s it a turnover? Stupid rule. Oh that’s right... the Cowgirls benefited from such a call. If that’s what ya need to beat the pathetic Raiders.... rock on!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Offense keeps the ball if it's fumbled through the endzone. Put the ball at the 20 as they do, but the offense retains possession.- No, because it happens very rarely, no need to change
-Each team gets 2 challenges per half. - meh, small differnce to existing rule, little would change
-Eliminate the Pro Bowl. - most definitely, it's dumb; how about: let the conference losers play a game for 3rd and 4th place in that week
-Division realignment with 6 divisions (6-6-5-5-5-5). - impossible, too complicated; the idea has merit but would screw up a lot of logisitical factors
-Eliminate conferences.- see above

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each team must sacrifice a player to a shark after each game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree and disagree about the DPI. If a defender intentionally grab a guy then it should be a spot foul but if it is one of those touch fouls then yes 15 yards

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to 1, who does not love those acrobatic catches with the dragging foot; yes to 2 and 3. Most definitely, they are giving away too many yards in those penalties. There should be a roof on that. A 50-yard penalty for PI is ridiculous.