• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What about the D

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Todd Archer of ESPN wonders if it would actually make more sense for the Cowboys to trade for a cornerback instead of a pass-rusher.
  • Archer points out that Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne will both be free agents next year and it would make more sense to have a cornerback under contract for a few years than rent a pass-rusher. Archer mentions Browns CB Joe Haden as someone who has come up in trade rumors.
  • According to Archer, the Jets have called the Cowboys about DL Sheldon Richardson but his contract and off-the-field issues are likely concerns for Dallas.
  • Other pass-rushers who could be available, according to Archer, include Dolphins DE Cameron Wake and Bears OLB Willie Young.
  • If the Cowboys do pursue a trade before the deadline, Archer wonders if they might cut LB Rolando McClain, as they would pick up $1.9 million of cap space.
  • Archer wonders if Kellen Moore (injured reserve, broken fibula) may consider returning to the Cowboys next year as a coach or if he plans to continue his playing career.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Todd Archer of ESPN wonders if it would actually make more sense for the Cowboys to trade for a cornerback instead of a pass-rusher.
  • Archer points out that Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne will both be free agents next year and it would make more sense to have a cornerback under contract for a few years than rent a pass-rusher. Archer mentions Browns CB Joe Haden as someone who has come up in trade rumors.
  • According to Archer, the Jets have called the Cowboys about DL Sheldon Richardson but his contract and off-the-field issues are likely concerns for Dallas.
  • Other pass-rushers who could be available, according to Archer, include Dolphins DE Cameron Wake and Bears OLB Willie Young.
  • If the Cowboys do pursue a trade before the deadline, Archer wonders if they might cut LB Rolando McClain, as they would pick up $1.9 million of cap space.
  • Archer wonders if Kellen Moore (injured reserve, broken fibula) may consider returning to the Cowboys next year as a coach or if he plans to continue his playing career.

what do the Cowboys do about Carr? We owe him 2.6M for 2017 in signing bonus

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do the Cowboys do about Carr? We owe him 2.6M for 2017 in signing bonus
Carr's fate lies in the health of Scandrick and Mo and the continued development of Brown. We don't NEED him, but he is helping us this year for sure and likely could next year too. So it will come down to money. We owe him the $2.7M either way so that won't come into play. The time to help this team by cutting Carr was when his cap hits were big and we should have moved on and used that money on another player. Next year he will either be gone or paid as a rotation guy that contributes. Either will be fine with me. Now if we can't sign Mo or he isn't healthy then Carr may get a little more $ out of Ol' Jerry

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
I would like Moore to be a coach on the cowboys staff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr's fate lies in the health of Scandrick and Mo and the continued development of Brown. We don't NEED him, but he is helping us this year for sure and likely could next year too. So it will come down to money. We owe him the $2.7M either way so that won't come into play. The time to help this team by cutting Carr was when his cap hits were big and we should have moved on and used that money on another player. Next year he will either be gone or paid as a rotation guy that contributes. Either will be fine with me. Now if we can't sign Mo or he isn't healthy then Carr may get a little more $ out of Ol' Jerry
The only positive on mos injury is he won't be getting a big contract offer too injury prone. Cowboys should be able to sign him to another one year deal. I don't know salary cap ramifications if romo is released or retires?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time to help this team by cutting Carr was when his cap hits were big and we should have moved on and used that money on another player.
I respect your opinion here but I disagree.
Carr was paid like a #1 corner and plays like a #2. Not his fault Jerry threw that money. He wasn't a #1 coming outta KC. Over the 5 years, Carr hasn't missed a game, busts his ass and seems to rate mid range as corners go.
Carr's first two years weren't as good as his last two...no question but I still maintain like I did when we discussed this before, Carr is better than just another guy

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any new activity with Jaylon Smith's injury or an update regarding Ro. McClain as we near the end of his suspension? I haven't read or heard of either two since the Dak vs Romo election started around mid-september.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any new activity with Jaylon Smith's injury or an update regarding Ro. McClain as we near the end of his suspension? I haven't read or heard of either two since the Dak vs Romo election started around mid-september.
I dont think we'll see Smith until 2017, as for McClain, if he plays i dont expect him to be in game shape, at least not early.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is just not going to play this year. I think if you read between the lines it was that way since day 1. McClain...who knows, but after last year why would we want him? Guy has gotta want to play and prove it before I even look his way. But if he gets clean and gets the fire back he can help this team.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. But if he gets clean and gets the fire back he can help this team
McClain or Gregory on that statement are interchangeable

Will either be able to defeat the drug demons they face ?

I honestly have my doubts on both

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we'll see Smith until 2017, as for McClain, if he plays i dont expect him to be in game shape, at least not early.
IF....IF Smith makes it all the way back, the Cowboys draft class from this year will be INSANE

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain or Gregory on that statement are interchangeable

Will either be able to defeat the drug demons they face ?

I honestly have my doubts on both
:10:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Hitchens is really coming on. Kid is fast and instinctive

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love seeing the bounce back this year after he plateaued/took a step back last year.
I was disappointed, surprised and proven incorrect by him last year. He was fantastic year one for a guy that moved back and forth from position to position in both the preseason and in season. I thought he was going to become a really good player last year, but he did as you said take a step back. Also didn't start this year too great either. Glad to see how well he has been playing lately though...and I do think he's got another level to step up to still...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is playing well too. Hell they all are.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is playing well too. Hell they all are.
Absolutely agree. So glad he is getting more and more snaps. Just like with Hitchens I have been very impressed. Growing pains, yes, but both can make plays. Wilson too has been real good lately

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's not playing well or at least better on this defense than any other time? Carr looks better than any other time in a Dallas uni, same with Wilcox. LB play has been good and the dline is showing signs from different guys each week. Add a healthy Lee with the ever blooming talent of Byron Jones at safety...along with this teams work ethic to be better tells me we haven't seen their best. Pittsburgh wasn't a step backwards. 400 yards passing with 45 coming on the last second stat padding isn't indicative of their play last week. Slowing down Bell in the run game was huge.

Defense is coming along nicely.