• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What about the D

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLaw looked outstanding yesterday. I also thought the Cowboys playing more two deep safeties was huge in taking away the deep ball to Green early. It will be interesting to see if GB comes out in hurry up and opens it up, trying to get an early lead and force Dallas into more of a passing attack, or if they come out running the ball more, to try and make sure Dallas doesn't possess the ball for 20 minutes in the first half and wear out their defense

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers had all day to throw can the Giants. I couldn't believe he missed some of the throws he did. One thing is his WRs don't get a lot of separation. I don't expect him to miss throws two weeks in a row. They are banged up in the secondary, so they played more ball control last night than I have ever seen them. There defense really stuffs the run. Should be a fun match up

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLaw looked outstanding yesterday. I also thought the Cowboys playing more two deep safeties was huge in taking away the deep ball to Green early. It will be interesting to see if GB comes out in hurry up and opens it up, trying to get an early lead and force Dallas into more of a passing attack, or if they come out running the ball more, to try and make sure Dallas doesn't possess the ball for 20 minutes in the first half and wear out their defense
I'm not a huge fan of playing cover two with both safeties that deep except to change things up. I prefer physical play and shade a safety towards Green or at least don't drop them quite as far back like they were one that deep in to Green for example. I would expect GB to find those soft spots all day long if we try that. Dalton had his longest consecutive completion streak of his career and found all the running room he wanted when he left the pocket and completed 70% of his passes. I understand the score came into play, but it wasn't the whole story behind that. We went back to playing not to lose for the first time since week 1. Our corners have been very good when playing aggressive man and I'm not really sure most of our guys are able to play as well in zone. Unlike Cincy, GB has two big time receivers. I hope we are very aggressive next week.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of playing cover two with both safeties that deep except to change things up. I prefer physical play and shade a safety towards Green or at least don't drop them quite as far back like they were one that deep in to Green for example. I would expect GB to find those soft spots all day long if we try that. Dalton had his longest consecutive completion streak of his career and found all the running room he wanted when he left the pocket and completed 70% of his passes. I understand the score came into play, but it wasn't the whole story behind that. We went back to playing not to lose for the first time since week 1. Our corners have been very good when playing aggressive man and I'm not really sure most of our guys are able to play as well in zone. Unlike Cincy, GB has two big time receivers. I hope we are very aggressive next week.

Now the score dictated a lot yesterday but I agreed with Phil Simms when he said that was a great job by the Dallas defense even though the Bengals scored. If we don't get that defensive holding early we probably get off the field. That took away a big sack. It took them 5-6 minutes to score. Dalton made the throws. We made the tackles.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the score dictated a lot yesterday but I agreed with Phil Simms when he said that was a great job by the Dallas defense even though the Bengals scored. If we don't get that defensive holding early we probably get off the field. That took away a big sack. It took them 5-6 minutes to score. Dalton made the throws. We made the tackles.
I don't totally disagree on that drive, but it was a little of a stretch IMO. You still want guys to step up and make plays. Win the game, don't pray for time to run out. And it's not like we contested most of those plays. But, Durant is another guy that struggles trying to switch guys and pick up guys crossing in front of him in space so those penalties will come. Imagine this team with a healthy Jaylon Smith?
Haven't seen much talk about him this week, but Brown still looks like a player to me. With the way these guys are playing, when Scandrick is back we now have 4 corners that can play.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I never liked being wrong more, not only did I pick Ciny to win yesterday in a close game I have been very critical of the Cowboys defense. To be specific Caliborne. I'm not exactly on the Claiborne wagon yet, but he's been solid. Still got away with a few yesterday, but if that's how the refs or going to call him....great. I can't neglect to mention how great the DL play though. Is Ciny OL that bad....I thought they had a good one.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is a player. Got beat again for a TD but his hand was a split second late. He is in position. Possibly our best man to man cover guy. Love this team

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think you can play cover two against Rodgers...as you said, he will pick you apart. I think you have to play man to man and get after him. If he hits a big play or two, that's just less rest their D gets before going back out for another 10 play drive...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I never liked being wrong more, not only did I pick Ciny to win yesterday in a close game I have been very critical of the Cowboys defense. To be specific Caliborne. I'm not exactly on the Claiborne wagon yet, but he's been solid. Still got away with a few yesterday, but if that's how the refs or going to call him....great. I can't neglect to mention how great the DL play though. Is Ciny OL that bad....I thought they had a good one.

Cincy is funny. On paper they look like they are one of the most talented teams in the league. They have everything, which is hard to have in the salary cap era. There defense is strong at every level. They have a stud WR and great TE, along with two good RBs. Their QB is very capable. Not sure what their problem is because they look a lot better than 2-3.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is a player. Got beat again for a TD but his hand was a split second late. He is in position. Possibly our best man to man cover guy. Love this team
Agree. That was great coverage. Dalton couldn't have placed the ball any better. And how about Ryan Davis making a couple of big plays?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lesser is better many time...Wilcox sets a tone in situations that plays to his strengths.
Brown plays well in his role while he grows.

little of this...little of that. Dallas might play with 20 guys on defense and they still have the least amount of depth in the division. :eek:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible trade scenario, not sure what he has left though

Mario Williams
DE / Miami Dolphins

Potential landing spot: Dallas Cowboys

Trade compensation: 2017 sixth round pick

The Dolphins have cornered the market on older passer rushers with Mario Williams and Cameron Wake. Wake is coming off an Achilles tear that cost him the final nine games last season. He is beginning to cut into Williams' playing time after starting the season as a situational pass rusher.

Dallas looks like a team that could have a deep playoff run. Putting pressure on opposing quarterbacks is still an issue despite ranking 10th in total defense and eighth in scoring defense. Dallas has Pro Football Focus' second-worst pass rush grade this season.

mario-williams.jpg

The Cowboys could use Mario Williams to get after the QB. USATSI
Williams isn't the same player that garnered a six-year, $96 million contract from the Bills in 2012 but he would be an upgrade for the Cowboys. A sixth-round pick is the same as the Bears received last season from the Panthers in a trade for Jared Allen.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different option, who would you rather have?

Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys' pass-rushing issues are well-known, and they've been there for a while now. Getting DeMarcus Lawrence back, as they did two weeks ago, should help a bit, but they're still working at a deficit. Wake is getting up there in years, but he still has it. On only 137 snaps for the Dolphins this year, Wake has 20 pressures, making him one of the most productive pass-rushers on a per-snap basis. If the Dolphins aren't going to use him on an every-snap basis, maybe the Cowboys will.

wakecowboys.jpg

Cameron Wake in a Cowboys uniform might be very appealing. CBSSports.com Original

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different option, who would you rather have?

Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys' pass-rushing issues are well-known, and they've been there for a while now. Getting DeMarcus Lawrence back, as they did two weeks ago, should help a bit, but they're still working at a deficit. Wake is getting up there in years, but he still has it. On only 137 snaps for the Dolphins this year, Wake has 20 pressures, making him one of the most productive pass-rushers on a per-snap basis. If the Dolphins aren't going to use him on an every-snap basis, maybe the Cowboys will.

wakecowboys.jpg

Cameron Wake in a Cowboys uniform might be very appealing. CBSSports.com Original

I would love to have him on the Boys. A great fit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...my interest is piqued...
Obviously either player makes us a much better team. I'd need to know a little more about how they have played so far this year and that their work ethic is good and won't screw up our little hard nosed, hard working thing we got going with this DL group and how tight knit we are and know a little more about their contracts, but yeah...be silly to not explore the option of either guy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind getting a LB too

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Interested In Dolphins DE Cameron Wake?
Nate Bouda 4 hours ago Cowboys, Dolphins 1 Comment

Sirius XM NFL Radio is reporting that the Cowboys have interest in Dolphins veteran DE Cameron Wake.

A report from earlier in the day mentioned that the Jets had contacted the Cowboys about DL Sheldon Richardson but it’s unlikely the two parties will reach an agreement on deal before the deadline.

This morning, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald wrote that the Dolphins appeared to be in a position to be sellers at the trade deadline just a few weeks ago, but they’ve managed to secure wins over the Steelers and Bills and now look like some things are coming together for them.

With this in mind, Salguero believes it’s unlikely that they will trade players that could have been available including Wake, DE Mario Williams, CB Byron Maxwell, and DE Andre Branch.

Wake, 34, is currently in the first year of his three-year, $23.4 million contract and stands to make base salaries of $7 million over the next two years.

In 2016, Wake has appeared in seven games for the Dolphins and recorded eight tackles, three sacks, and a forced fumble.

We’ll have more regarding a potential trade involving Wake as the news is available.

I don't think any player will be added in a trade today