• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What about Josh Allen?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better GM? Browns
Better talent? Browns
Better QB? Browns by leaps and bounds
Better trajectory? Clearly Browns

I understand you're jealous, but you don't have to make yourself look like an ignorant dumbass on top of it.

This is what I mean. What's the point of this post? Useless bias.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL see what he can do with a clean pocket but he isn't a pocket passer...
First six games: sacked 21 times, over 200 yards passing once.
Last six games: sacked 7 times, over 200 yards passing five times.

All 12 games, 8 rushing TD, only exceeded 9 carries (scrambles) twice.

Yeah, I'm not worried about comp % at the moment.

First six games: 23 pass attempts per game, 139 passing yards per game, Completion pct 53%

Last six games: 30 pass attempts per game, 207 passing yards per game, Completion pct 51%

The pass attempts explains the yards but his completion pct actually went down.

upload_2018-12-31_11-11-9.png

Looks like he had about 2.4 drops per game. Deep ball accuracy and redzone % is pretty low. Interesting graphic.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the only one that compared Foster to Calloway, which is what I was talking about.

This was never about attacking the Bills. I've got no problem with them and hope Allen works it out. It was about that one idiot saying that he thought Allen was clearly the better long-term QB for no reason.

You're doing the same.

I "compared" Calloway to Foster for defensive purposes. Not to make a point. Undrafted Foster over a 4th round (1st round talent many said) Calloway.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're doing the same.

I "compared" Calloway to Foster for defensive purposes. Not to make a point. Undrafted Foster over a 4th round (1st round talent many said) Calloway.
To be fair, Foster was a 5* talent going into college, he just couldn't get out of Saban's doghouse. When I saw him out there as an UDFA, I wanted the Browns to take a look at him. He's obviously got a ton of talent.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL see what he can do with a clean pocket but he isn't a pocket passer...

First six games: 23 pass attempts per game, 139 passing yards per game, Completion pct 53%

Last six games: 30 pass attempts per game, 207 passing yards per game, Completion pct 51%

The pass attempts explains the yards but his completion pct actually went down.

View attachment 194451

Looks like he had about 2.4 drops per game. Deep ball accuracy and redzone % is pretty low. Interesting graphic.

Lol! Clean pocket?? No, not clean at all. Just pre snap progression and quicker decision making.

Clean pocket he said. :pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Mayfield's..

upload_2018-12-31_11-14-14.png

A couple things regarding supporting cast..
  • Receiver separation is pretty close
  • Mayfield's target actually dropped more passes, but it's close
Allen actually has a higher Playaction comp %
Mayfield has a much higher redzone comp, deep ball comp % and pressure comp %.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference between walking the walk, few times, and lucky to have an NFL franchise again.
The Falcons and Panthers were both in the SB not long ago, too. Along with your Broncos, the Browns beat them this year too. It's a great time to be a Browns fan. Broncos, not so much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Clean pocket?? No, not clean at all. Just pre snap progression and quicker decision making.

I actually didn't mean to put that...was going to post another graphic and didn't. With a clean pocket Mayfield had one of the highest passer ratings (had nothing to do with Allen).

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons and Panthers were both in the SB not long ago, too. Along with your Broncos, the Browns beat them this year too. It's a great time to be a Browns fan. Broncos, not so much.
lol, "we beat teams this year that the Broncos once beat in the Super Bowl!! Go Browns!!"

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you disagree with anything I said, I'm all ears.

Here is the difference. I don't care. It's irrelevant. I love Beane. Love. He has nailed nearly every pick. Our defense is stout. Biased opinions are not fact.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2018 OFFENSIVE LINES | Football Outsiders

The Bills ranked similarly to the Browns in pass pro this year, and weren't close to being the worst OL in pass pro in the NFL. Stop acting like you guys had five dudes in a wheelchair blocking, it wasn't that bad.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you have to watch the games. It's not all box scores and highlights.

If I was savvy enough, I'd put together a plethora of examples. The worst RT/RG combo in the league.

When you think he's "running too much", I'd like to hear your suggestion on what his options are.

For three months, he had Kelvin Benjamin jogging around. Since week 10, Allen and Foster have been a top duo...with still the same atrocious right side of the line.

I could give you a dozen plays every week (not sarcasm), a dozen a week, where Jordan Mills is on his ass or tits. (Find Allen's interception vs the Packers for a quick look at what I'm talking about).

I don't really care about ranking the rookie QBs. All I know is, I'm very happy I have Allen. Baker might be a fine player, but I can guarantee he can't escape the Bills O line.

Allen needs to work on his short passes. And I have no doubt that is an easy fix. YPA and big play ability are already great. He has made Foster a name, more so than Calloway has progressed.

I don't mind those who think Baker is better, maybe he is...but I do care about an honest evaluation. I haven't watched him (anyone really), so I'm not about to box score my opinion of him. I haven't seen the ins and outs...but the best part is, I don't have to, because I finally have a QB. I'm sure you may know that feeling from 15 years ago, when Ben was learning and scrambling (surrounded by pro bowlers).

I didn't even get into dropped passes. Benji and Holmes (smell ya later), Zay is bipolar, Thompson has a handful of big drops, Clay, Logan Thomas...all multiple drops.

Not trying to pick on you, SP, I just hear this chatter about him too often, too similar of box scores and highlights. Allen has missed some throws, but after 22 years of getting excited from a completed 15-25 yard pass due to the lack of it, I finally get to see it constantly.

Wouldn't trade Allen for any of them.

:2cents:
Long term I would want someone with accuracy. Very few inaccurate lasers succeed

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Foster was a 5* talent going into college, he just couldn't get out of Saban's doghouse. When I saw him out there as an UDFA, I wanted the Browns to take a look at him. He's obviously got a ton of talent.

Wouldn't the better GM take advantage of that?

;)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the difference. I don't care. It's irrelevant. I love Beane. Love. He has nailed nearly every pick. Our defense is stout. Biased opinions are not fact.
Nailed every pick? Good point, biased opinions are not fact.