• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What about Josh Allen?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have. You'll only accept statistics from rookie seasons to substantiate though, so...I'm talking to a wall. But as much as you fucks brag about Baker, there's insecurities. The proof is in the fact you pounce on any thread that makes mention of another rookie QB from the same class.
You haven't provided shit. You're making baseless statements without providing any proof of them.

Lamar Jackson is too slow of a runner and Josh Allen can only complete 30% of his passes. See? I'm basically you.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't provided shit. You're making baseless statements without providing any proof of them.

Lamar Jackson is too slow of a runner and Josh Allen can only complete 30% of his passes. See? I'm basically you.
Lets give them both more than a fraction of a single season as starters and then you'll get your proof.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last fucking time, nitwit, what they do as rookies, with their current rosters/coaches, does not cement their entire careers into stone. You keep thinking that though.

:pound:

Damn are you dumb. Thanks for the great Monday morning laughs.

You called Mayfield a scrambler when he only ran it 39 times. You called Allen a pocket passer when he ran it 89 times.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets give them both more than a fraction of a single season as starters and then you'll get your proof.
So you admit you have no proof to back up your opinions. It's just biased bullshit based on nothing at all. You'd take Baker as the Broncos' QB in a second and you know it. Sorry your team is trending down while ours isn't.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
allen still cant throw, hes making plays with his legs.....

mayfield bhas been brilliant since getting rid of hue

Man, you have to watch the games. It's not all box scores and highlights.

If I was savvy enough, I'd put together a plethora of examples. The worst RT/RG combo in the league.

When you think he's "running too much", I'd like to hear your suggestion on what his options are.

For three months, he had Kelvin Benjamin jogging around. Since week 10, Allen and Foster have been a top duo...with still the same atrocious right side of the line.

I could give you a dozen plays every week (not sarcasm), a dozen a week, where Jordan Mills is on his ass or tits. (Find Allen's interception vs the Packers for a quick look at what I'm talking about).

I don't really care about ranking the rookie QBs. All I know is, I'm very happy I have Allen. Baker might be a fine player, but I can guarantee he can't escape the Bills O line.

Allen needs to work on his short passes. And I have no doubt that is an easy fix. YPA and big play ability are already great. He has made Foster a name, more so than Calloway has progressed.

I don't mind those who think Baker is better, maybe he is...but I do care about an honest evaluation. I haven't watched him (anyone really), so I'm not about to box score my opinion of him. I haven't seen the ins and outs...but the best part is, I don't have to, because I finally have a QB. I'm sure you may know that feeling from 15 years ago, when Ben was learning and scrambling (surrounded by pro bowlers).

I didn't even get into dropped passes. Benji and Holmes (smell ya later), Zay is bipolar, Thompson has a handful of big drops, Clay, Logan Thomas...all multiple drops.

Not trying to pick on you, SP, I just hear this chatter about him too often, too similar of box scores and highlights. Allen has missed some throws, but after 22 years of getting excited from a completed 15-25 yard pass due to the lack of it, I finally get to see it constantly.

Wouldn't trade Allen for any of them.

:2cents:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen needs to work on his short passes. And I have no doubt that is an easy fix. YPA and big play ability are already great. He has made Foster a name, more so than Calloway has progressed.
Really? Foster was used primarily as a deep threat while Calloway was used in multiple different ways, so Foster has a better YPC. Both have a ways to go, but I don't think it's fair to say he's progressed more when they had similar stats.

I didn't even get into dropped passes. Benji and Holmes (smell ya later), Zay is bipolar, Thompson has a handful of big drops, Clay, Logan Thomas...all multiple drops.
The Browns had the 9th most drops in the NFL while Buffalo had the 20th most.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit you have no proof to back up your opinions. It's just biased bullshit based on nothing at all. You'd take Baker as the Broncos' QB in a second and you know it. Sorry your team is trending down while ours isn't.
I don't have the rookie stats that I've laughed at you for citing throughout this entire debate.

Again, you're having to defend Baker so much is proof of your insecurity.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you have to watch the games. It's not all box scores and highlights.

If I was savvy enough, I'd put together a plethora of examples. The worst RT/RG combo in the league.

When you think he's "running too much", I'd like to hear your suggestion on what his options are.

For three months, he had Kelvin Benjamin jogging around. Since week 10, Allen and Foster have been a top duo...with still the same atrocious right side of the line.

I could give you a dozen plays every week (not sarcasm), a dozen a week, where Jordan Mills is on his ass or tits. (Find Allen's interception vs the Packers for a quick look at what I'm talking about).

I don't really care about ranking the rookie QBs. All I know is, I'm very happy I have Allen. Baker might be a fine player, but I can guarantee he can't escape the Bills O line.

I don't mind those who think Baker is better, maybe he is...but I do care about an honest evaluation. I haven't watched him (anyone really), so I'm not about to box score my opinion of him. I haven't seen the ins and outs...but the best part is, I don't have to, because I finally have a QB. I'm sure you may know that feeling from 15 years ago, when Ben was learning and scrambling (surrounded by pro bowlers).

Not trying to pick on you, SP, I just hear this chatter about him too often, too similar of box scores and highlights. Allen has missed some throws, but after 22 years of getting excited from a completed 15-25 yard pass due to the lack of it, I finally get to see it constantly.

Wouldn't trade Allen for any of them.

:2cents:
Baker is a flashy rookie tho!

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Damn are you dumb. Thanks for the great Monday morning laughs.

You called Mayfield a scrambler when he only ran it 39 times. You called Allen a pocket passer when he ran it 89 times.
Sure thing chief. Can't wait for the excuses when Baker is proven to be ineffective as fuck as a pocket passer in the NFL.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the rookie stats that I've laughed at you for citing throughout this entire debate.

Again, you're having to defend Baker so much is proof of your insecurity.
Dude, I'm on vacation and don't have anything to do for several hours. I'm sitting here drinking coffee and watching TV while talking football. You're making it easy to make you look like a jealous dumbass. Why wouldn't I have some fun with you?

Baker has arguably the best rookie season for a QB in NFL history, but keep telling me about how amazing Josh Allen and his 52% completion and 10/12 TD:INT ratio are. Good lord.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm on vacation and don't have anything to do for several hours. I'm sitting here drinking coffee and watching TV while talking football. You're making it easy to make you look like a jealous dumbass. Why wouldn't I have some fun with you?

Baker has arguably the best rookie season for a QB in NFL history, but keep telling me about how amazing Josh Allen and his 52% completion and 10/12 TD:INT ratio are. Good lord.
The day I'm jealous of the Cleveland Browns or their desperate fans... lol

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are too fucking dumb to differentiate performance vs potential

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a valid point in that the Bills were very Brownsian in drafting a top QB and letting the two position groups that influence his success go to shit.

Not exactly a sound business model

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day I'm jealous of the Cleveland Browns or their desperate fans... lol
Better GM? Browns
Better talent? Browns
Better QB? Browns by leaps and bounds
Better trajectory? Clearly Browns

I understand you're jealous, but you don't have to make yourself look like an ignorant dumbass on top of it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First six games: sacked 21 times, over 200 yards passing once.
Last six games: sacked 7 times, over 200 yards passing five times.

All 12 games, 8 rushing TD, only exceeded 9 carries (scrambles) twice.

Yeah, I'm not worried about comp % at the moment.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better GM? Browns
Better talent? Browns
Better QB? Browns by leaps and bounds
Better trajectory? Clearly Browns

I understand you're jealous, but you don't have to make yourself look like an ignorant dumbass on top of it.
Empty trophy case, lost the damn franchise once already....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Foster was used primarily as a deep threat while Calloway was used in multiple different ways, so Foster has a better YPC. Both have a ways to go, but I don't think it's fair to say he's progressed more when they had similar stats.

The Browns had the 9th most drops in the NFL while Buffalo had the 20th most.

I'm not the one comparing. I think it's irrelevant. There are 10 other players on the field.

I'm happy for Baker. And like the Browns. I just don't feel the need to compare box scores because I have watched excellent progress from my guy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one comparing. I think it's irrelevant. There are 10 other players on the field.

I'm happy for Baker. And like the Browns. I just don't feel the need to compare box scores because I have watched excellent progress from my guy.
You are the only one that compared Foster to Calloway, which is what I was talking about.

This was never about attacking the Bills. I've got no problem with them and hope Allen works it out. It was about that one idiot saying that he thought Allen was clearly the better long-term QB for no reason.