• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WHAT A SEASON!!! GOOD NIGHT LAKERS!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rondo is not enough to rebuild around without a dominant big man and a shooting forward. And you're going to ask Danny Ainge to orchestrate this rebuilding? Boston won't be relevant for a decade. At least. And you have no idea how much joy that infuses me with.

I kind of sit the fence on the Celtics being irrelevant for a long time. On the one hand, as a Laker fan, I do take pleasure in the Celtics losing and being irrelevant.

However, as a fan of the game and the rivalry, I also have tremendous respect for the Celtics and think the NBA is better when both the Lakers and Celtics are championship threats!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as KG and Ainge are around I have zero respect for Boston. As soon as they become a class organization again, I'll respect them. I had much more respect for that fat, old, opinionated racist than I ever will Ainge. And I am soooo sick and tired of decades of KG's chest-thumping, foul-mouthed fake ebonics bullshit. I can't wait to see him out of the game I love.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG pretty much said if Pierce doesn't come back he is done.

I suspect that Doc will be done as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as KG and Ainge are around I have zero respect for Boston. As soon as they become a class organization again, I'll respect them. I had much more respect for that fat, old, opinionated racist than I ever will Ainge. And I am soooo sick and tired of decades of KG's chest-thumping, foul-mouthed fake ebonics bullshit. I can't wait to see him out of the game I love.

Good points!! Never liked Ainge and have lost a lot of respect for Garnett.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG pretty much said if Pierce doesn't come back he is done.

I suspect that Doc will be done as well.

Boston knew they weren't going to win this year but Ainge didn't have the balls to blow it up and start over. I wouldn't be shocked if Pierce, KG and Doc all come back again and do the same thing again next year but if they do, they won't make the playoffs.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG used to be one of my favorite players. I'm kinda cool on him now but do respect his competitiveness. He has crossed the line to many times. I have never liked Ainge. He always looks like a spoiled brat.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston knew they weren't going to win this year but Ainge didn't have the balls to blow it up and start over. I wouldn't be shocked if Pierce, KG and Doc all come back again and do the same thing again next year but if they do, they won't make the playoffs.

In Ainge's defense (just threw up a little in my mouth typing that), if memory serves, that main core group wanted to try and make one more run. I think they earned that right.

It'll be interesting to see if they want to try it again or not. My guess is that they will. The question will be whether or not Ainge will agree again or not.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Ainge's defense (just threw up a little in my mouth typing that), if memory serves, that main core group wanted to try and make one more run. I think they earned that right.

It'll be interesting to see if they want to try it again or not. My guess is that they will. The question will be whether or not Ainge will agree again or not.

guess we'll see what happens. but i still find it kinda funny that the original big 3 came together because of the old Celtics brotherhood(Ainge, Bird, McHale). just sayin'...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. They deserved the right to try it again this season. Ainge did make the right call on that one. Now he has to blow it up.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. They deserved the right to try it again this season. Ainge did make the right call on that one. Now he has to blow it up.

Yeah, this season might be debatable. Next season is a different story. I would be angry already if I were a Boston fan (which I am NOT). They wasted a year to rebuild in a very competitive East.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this season might be debatable. Next season is a different story. I would be angry already if I were a Boston fan (which I am NOT). They wasted a year to rebuild in a very competitive East.

actually seeing some of the Celtics guys posting here they seem fairly happy with the team's progression/transition. though i do agree the process should've happened a bit sooner...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Boston fan but I do like the organization and its history. I think most of them were cool with them trying again. Sometimes you have to show a little loyalty to preserve the culture and tradition. How do you Boston fans feel about it?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Boston fan but I do like the organization and its history. I think most of them were cool with them trying again. Sometimes you have to show a little loyalty to preserve the culture and tradition. How do you Boston fans feel about it?

Which just illustrates the sad state of affairs for that organization. They were willing to mortgage their future for one more season knowing they'd be ousted in the first round at best. They know things are bleak with Ainge at the helm.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say it was pretty classy by the BOS fans to chant, "Bos-ton Cel-tics," as the fourth quarter winded down in an obvious defeat yesterday. Thought it showed a lot of pride and appreciation for their guys.

Meanwhile, Lakers fans (myself included) were booing our guys in their last game. Although I think that's more directed toward D'Antoni and Jimmy, and deservedly so, than our guys on the court.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boston is done. they were done the minute Ray left for Miami and honestly probably after game 6 ECF last year. got to respect the run they put together.. but at the end of the day, just 1 title out of the group.

i would be shocked to see this group back together. ainge probably shouldnt allow it back together. it's over. time to move on. Paul Pierce isnt what he used to be, and gets worn down in long intense playoff series. KG is a shell of his former self. Doc had to be convinced to come back and coach a year ago... as a miami sports fan, i dont like boston and i will be glad to see them back in the lotto.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics Big 3/Big 4 failed.

1 title in 5 years?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics Big 3/Big 4 failed.

1 title in 5 years?

Boston has only 1 title since Miami came into the league in 1989. and it looks like it will be awhile before they get anything again. the NBA is so big star driven.. they will more than likely need a high lotto pick or lure a free agent.

Wildcatsfan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus the stupidity doesn't end with the members here, the admins don't know shit either. Stunning. Won't make the playoffs next year if Pierce and KG return? LOL. Please put that in a monetary bet for me. Would love to take some quick cash for someone's stupidity.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give it up to all the Lakers fans who saw the qualities in this team. When all is done, you did accomplish something so don't think you didn't.

The greatest flop in pro sports history

The LA Lakers are laid to rest

This is coming from a guy that bet the posters on cbs that Orlando would easily win atleast 30 games in the season and that would be a huge success not to mention made the trade giving up Dwight Howard well worth it. :laugh3:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I got attacked by you animals in October when I said the Lakers wouldn't make the finals then got attacked again in early December when I said they won't have HCA in round 1.

Thanks for the compliment - I would much rather be called an animal, then a cockroach(the term I give to most or all Heat fans(
:laugh3:

I will make you the exception though - since you're not as bad

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spurs were just a bad matchup for the lakers.

Even with Kobe the Lakers would have had from zero to no chance in beating the Spurs and we all know that. Unlike Popovich, D'antoni overplayed the starters and ran them into the ground. Popovich was willing to lose games to go into the playoffs with a fresh team