• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What A Crock Of Shit

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA definitely has focused on image for awhile. Attire and perseption being a big part, just don't see the role model aspect coming into play much.
do you feel professional athletes are looked up to? or that coaches preach character, as well as owners and GMS.........im not saying it works, just asking

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best heckling i ever saw was at a hockey game, several times…same guy.

brutal, sat several rows up behind the opposing squads bench.

whole lottta shit flying about…

:yes:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah if your paid million, broadcast on TV, yeah you should be able to walk away from words, it wasnt like it was happening for 20 min

There's not a single pro athlete that needs to take a beating from any fan.....This role model of self conduct is what goes on off the court out in public view.........
If being a role model means letting fans berate you,then they an take that role model shit and shove it up their ass....

For as many times as Westbroom has had with this type of shit,he should get a pat on the back for not going after the guy....

And if RW was in the wrong,why didn't coaches and players try to quell the situation............?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a single pro athlete that needs to take a beating from any fan.....This role model of self conduct is what goes on off the court out in public view.........
If being a role model means letting fans berate you,then they an take that role model shit and shove it up their ass....

For as many times as Westbroom has had with this type of shit,he should get a pat on the back for not going after the guy....

And if RW was in the wrong,why didn't coaches and players try to quell the situation............?
ok, lets just have ron artest. thats basically what your backing. anythging goes

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you feel professional athletes are looked up to? or that coaches preach character, as well as owners and GMS.........im not saying it works, just asking
Sure.

Kids emulate lots of people they shouldn't.

Athletes
Actors
Politicians
Older kids

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, lets just have ron artest. thats basically what your backing. anythging goes
I could not support what he did more.

Same goes for Blount.

There are repercussions to those actions. There also is respect for standing up for yourself.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes because they were gonna stop the game, and let them go in an alley, seriously dude.........

Lmao......No I wasnt serious......It was just figuratively speaking.

Jeez,think about it.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

Kids emulate lots of people they shouldn't.

Athletes
Actors
Politicians
Older kids

and everyone of them with the exception of athleters are blasted if something like that happens, especially actors and politicians

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and im sure thats a different world all together

just like comparing the NBA to tHoop
No not really.....A coward is a coward,whether they're sitting behind a computer or thinking they have distanced themselves from being untouched cause they're in the stands....

A person wants to run they're mouth,well then stand up to the guy and see what happens.....I'm betting the fan would run with his tail between his legs if RW met up with him in that so called alley......

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt russ just push a fan not long ago too?
It wouldn't surprise me - the fans do get up in the players faces sometimes - I don't question Westbrook's need to learn better self control - that's a given - I do, however believe the fan needed to be ban - There are some people that would have felt that those words coming from the fan was a threat

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, they arent, but they are ones, and they know it. They are paid to play a "game" , and to contain themselves though
If those players are role models for your children - You have done some really bad parenting

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$25,000 fine for a man making what Westbrook does and no suspension seems apt to me as does the banning of the idiot.
It works for me - Like I said before - the fan clearly made racist remarks that clearly could have been viewed as threat that was clearly not acceptable. Clearly Westbrook should have alerted security and let them deal with it. I get it that personal insults gets a person upset - but I have seen diversity handled much better then that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan was over the line and Westbrook didn't get physical or go into the stands. My guess is that the $25k fine and no suspension was because, while Westbrook can't be doing that, the league understands the circumstances around it.

Had he actually tried to follow through on his threat though, he'd be looking at a much bigger fine, a suspension and the fan likely sues him as well.
Exactly - It was their way of saying to Westbrook - "Hey knucklehead - Don't do that shit any more. We have better ways to deal with it. We do understand your frustration though".