• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What A Crock Of Shit

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and everyone of them with the exception of athleters are blasted if something like that happens, especially actors and politicians
True.

But a select few don't let it alter how they go about their buissness.

Mainly the ones who don't pander for votes or awards.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches don't pay anyone.

Athletes are entertainers who make money for their employers. If they help improve profits, in whtwver form, they'll stay employed.

I agree with your last paragraph completely. But I don't believe being a role model is part of the deal. Role models are people involved in your life. Athletes, for the most part, we see on television.

Kids all over the world look up to these athletes and idolize them to a staggering degree.

While being a role model isn't part of their contract, it is an expectation regardless of what Sir Charles wants to believe.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids all over the world look up to these athletes and idolize them to a staggering degree.

While being a role model isn't part of their contract, it is an expectation regardless of what Sir Charles wants to believe.
That's where the value of parents comes in.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fault is going to be the parents for not teaching their children better. Children look to their parents before they look at anything else

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you make assumptions about the fan just because he is in Utah? Because if Russ does that it is really easy to mishear what was said. And if Russ flew off the handle because the fan said "sit down and ice your knees", then he would have been 100% wrong.

Now that we know more and Since it has been proven that the fan has racist stuff on his social media I am on Russ' side for sure. But Russ has to be careful here. Even if the fan said something terrible enough to deserve a beat down, Russ would face severe consequences if he obliged.

Silver ain't Stern, but to me, I can't think of many comments that would be on the level of getting a beer thrown at you. And Artest got like 70 games for his response to that.

Fans need to be held accountable to be sure. But it isn't Russ' job to administer the consequence.

Yeah, I was comfortable making that assumption that the fan was in the wrong knowing Utah's rep and also knowing Russ isn't gonna react the way he did for no good reason. Russ isn't dumb. He's not gonna react to some mild heckling or something. It was gonna be from something that crossed the line. More and more players are starting to call out that kind of fan behavior and they keep bringing up Utah as a place it happens a lot so I pretty much knew that's where it was going before all the details came out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best heckling i ever saw was at a hockey game, several times…same guy.

brutal, sat several rows up behind the opposing squads bench.

whole lottta shit flying about…

:yes:

Good/creative heckling can be hilarious. Even the players appreciate good heckling.

I've heard a lot of interviews with players from different sports and they all know who the best hecklers are.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good/creative heckling can be hilarious. Even the players appreciate good heckling.

I've heard a lot of interviews with players from different sports and they all know who the best hecklers are.
Remember that guy that used to sit behind the visitors bench during 76er games?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. But kids are still going to use athletes as role models. It's up to parents to make sure they use them as role models the right way.

When my son was about 12, he started getting into a basketball. One day, as we were working on his game, he said "I want to be like Kobe".

I said, "If you want to be like Kobe the basketball player and work as hard as he does on becoming a better player...I'm all for it. But if you want to be like Kobe the person, you need to pick someone else".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fault is going to be the parents for not teaching their children better. Children look to their parents before they look at anything else

Not all parents are good role models. In those cases, the kids will look other places and, like it or not, often times they will look to professional athletes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what the nba has to do to set a standard. they cant have someone else try to do the same thing some other night in some other night. they needed to set the president for fans
Depends what the fan did. This guy didn't really seem to do anything except suggest that Westbrook should suck his dick without really saying it. I hear way worse at a 49ers game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was comfortable making that assumption that the fan was in the wrong knowing Utah's rep and also knowing Russ isn't gonna react the way he did for no good reason. Russ isn't dumb. He's not gonna react to some mild heckling or something. It was gonna be from something that crossed the line. More and more players are starting to call out that kind of fan behavior and they keep bringing up Utah as a place it happens a lot so I pretty much knew that's where it was going before all the details came out.
What? Dude is a fool.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that if those previous transgressions are similar or related to what they are in court for, they can be.

For example, if someone is on trial for a violent crime and have a history of violence, that history can be used.

But if they are on trial for something like theft, they couldn't use the history of violence.

Not exactly, but there is wiggle room apparently.

(b) Crimes, Wrongs, or Other Acts.

(1) Prohibited Uses. Evidence of a crime, wrong, or other act is not admissible to prove a person’s character in order to show that on a particular occasion the person acted in accordance with the character.

(2) Permitted Uses; Notice in a Criminal Case. This evidence may be admissible for another purpose, such as proving motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, absence of mistake, or lack of accident. On request by a defendant in a criminal case, the prosecutor must:

(A) provide reasonable notice of the general nature of any such evidence that the prosecutor intends to offer at trial; and

(B) do so before trial — or during trial if the court, for good cause, excuses lack of pretrial notice.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all parents are good role models. In those cases, the kids will look other places and, like it or not, often times they will look to professional athletes.
The kids are going to copy their parents most of the time

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If you are looking to generally ignorant athletes, whose one redeeming quality is their athletic prowess, as your role model for behavior you might be looking in the wrong place

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gayle Miller just read a statement calling out the banned fan pre game.