• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What A Crock Of Shit

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan was over the line and Westbrook didn't get physical or go into the stands. My guess is that the $25k fine and no suspension was because, while Westbrook can't be doing that, the league understands the circumstances around it.

Had he actually tried to follow through on his threat though, he'd be looking at a much bigger fine, a suspension and the fan likely sues him as well.

Since Westbrook probably has 25 G's in the ashtray of his car I'm willing to bet the NBA and Jazz's investigation proved that the guy was WAY over the line. The 25 grand gives them the appearance of doing something without the players association accusing them of being unfair.
I hope the idiot who was banned gets the Madison Square Garden treatment. If you get banned from MSG (Which with Dolan seems to be way too easy) you are not only banned from Knicks games but all events. If you are caught in the Garden you aren't ejected, you're arrested for trespassing. Since it's Utah I'm willing to bet his choice of venues is somewhat limited.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A monetary value has nothing to do with sticking up forself.....I'm sure there's no clause in his contract where RW has to refrain himself from taking the badgering from fans.....And that goes to EVERY single athlete out there,not just him.....

And where does it say on those tax where the fans themselves have the right to badger these players......There isnt.....If someone wants to heckle these players,expect it back or stfu......Simple as that.....

And as far as the comparison,bullshit,cowards sit behind a CPU to play internet tough guy.....Atleast RW was there staring ghe heckler down face to face.....And the heckler is actually the coward behind the vpu,because he actually thinks RW can't come into the stands after......

Anyone who wants to play the smartass game,expect it back with an ass whooping......simple as that.
Ok dude whatever u say. If someone is paid tens of millions to be a role
Model, act like it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Model, act like it.
You clearly are too young to remember Chuck Barkley's iconic "I am not a role model" commercial

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No athlete is paid to be a role model though.

I disagree.

You hear more and more coaches at every level talk about the importance of character.

Now, if you are good enough, somebody will take a chance on you. But it is a sliding scale. A league average player who is an asshole doesn't stick around too long.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

You hear more and more coaches at every level talk about the importance of character.

Now, if you are good enough, somebody will take a chance on you. But it is a sliding scale. A league average player who is an asshole doesn't stick around too long.
From everything I've heard about Westbrook, he is not an asshole. He is a human being that made a mistake. Utah banned the one that was the asshole, so it ended well. If you want role model for your children, then look in the mirror. It's your job to teach them.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Coaches don't pay anyone.

Athletes are entertainers who make money for their employers. If they help improve profits, in whtwver form, they'll stay employed.

I agree with your last paragraph completely. But I don't believe being a role model is part of the deal. Role models are people involved in your life. Athletes, for the most part, we see on television.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I wouldn't like everyone to be a good citizen and neighbor or anything.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No athlete is paid to be a role model though.

They have morals clauses in their contracts. Not exactly the same thing but a certain level of decorum is expected. Considering how Westbrook reacted to the child that pushed him I would imagine this guy went WAY over the line to get that kind of reaction. I still would have preferred he have the guy kicked out rather than threaten him

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've heard about Westbrook, he is not an asshole. He is a human being that made a mistake. Utah banned the one that was the asshole, so it ended well. If you want role model for your children, then look in the mirror. It's your job to teach them.

$25,000 fine for a man making what Westbrook does and no suspension seems apt to me as does the banning of the idiot.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have morals clauses in their contracts. Not exactly the same thing but a certain level of decorum is expected. Considering how Westbrook reacted to the child that pushed him I would imagine this guy went WAY over the line to get that kind of reaction. I still would have preferred he have the guy kicked out rather than threaten him

The NBA definitely has focused on image for awhile. Attire and perseption being a big part, just don't see the role model aspect coming into play much.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Model, act like it.

So if a person doesnt get paid millions,you don't have to be a role model....?

To hell with that role model shit when you're sticking up for yourself........A person should only walk away from so much before something needs to be said....

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.......Read my above post.....

So Russell threatening to kick a woman’s ass is ok since he’s playing the race card.

Poor Russ is what you’re saying?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Russell threatening to kick a woman’s ass is ok since he’s playing the race card.

Poor Russ is what you’re saying?

Fuck it,no better way than to get to a smart ass is to play bigger smart ass.....If that heckler was a tough guy he shouldve went out in the alley.....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what Barkley said

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a person doesnt get paid millions,you don't have to be a role model....?

To hell with that role model shit when you're sticking up for yourself........A person should only walk away from so much before something needs to be said....
yeah if your paid million, broadcast on TV, yeah you should be able to walk away from words, it wasnt like it was happening for 20 min

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt russ just push a fan not long ago too?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it,no better way than to get to a smart ass is to play bigger smart ass.....If that heckler was a tough guy he shouldve went out in the alley.....
yes because they were gonna stop the game, and let them go in an alley, seriously dude.........