• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WFT (1-4) vs NYG Lawrence Rd 1

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question? What da think RR would say? Growth? Development? Protecting him from injury? In game test?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you are not giving Allen any credit after coming back after the fumble and scoring a TD just shows your bias against Allen. The guy made the play in the end to tie the game. Are stupid coach wanted to go for 2 when it wasn't the game winning play, even if we converted. There was no need to go for 2. I'm not saying Allen is god but he gives us the best chance to win. For me its about winning. The fact that you say the Giants are a winless team and we should of blew them away is garbage b/c they played the Rams and Cowboys very tough.

This team is not good but its not bad either. We are an average team IMO. All the hate on this board is getting ridiculous.
It’s 1-5 dean , it’s bad . He gets the same credit you gave the qbs you didn’t like . Like the unbiased claim that DH didn’t lead the comeback vs eagles down 17-0 ?

Dean there are quite a few posts from me saying be careful of the giants . I NEVER said we should blow out the giants . If we are a playoff team dean you have to beat the giants and you can’t say we are a decent team at 1-5 .

Allen fumbled the ball period . Without that fumble whatever happened at the end of the game is a non issue . He cost us a minimum of 10 points from that alone , and his pick cost us 10 again at the very least

You held Haskins to these standards but gripe when they are held against Allen

You tried to sell me a playoff run . Right now we have the number 2 pick overall and we don’t look like any contender I have ever seen

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we converted it, still didn't seal the game. So why go for it? No reason too. RR threw his defense under the bus when they didn't allow any points for the whole 2nd half.
Even if we get duckfoot to punch an extra point through we didn’t seal the game . If we went to OT we didn’t seal it either

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as bad as Allen coughing it up for the NYG to score a TD

Here we go. So the guy doesn't deserve any credit for the last td?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s 1-5 dean , it’s bad . He gets the same credit you gave the qbs you didn’t like . Like the unbiased claim that DH didn’t lead the comeback vs eagles down 17-0 ?

Dean there are quite a few posts from me saying be careful of the giants . I NEVER said we should blow out the giants . If we are a playoff team dean you have to beat the giants and you can’t say we are a decent team at 1-5 .

Allen fumbled the ball period . Without that fumble whatever happened at the end of the game is a non issue . He cost us a minimum of 10 points from that alone , and his pick cost us 10 again at the very least

You held Haskins to these standards but gripe when they are held against Allen

You tried to sell me a playoff run . Right now we have the number 2 pick overall and we don’t look like any contender I have ever seen

He came back and scored after the fumble but you never mention that of course.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we get duckfoot to punch an extra point through we didn’t seal the game . If we went to OT we didn’t seal it either

Giants would have never pressed if the game was tied. It was a bad call by RR. If we convert it wasnt the last play of the game.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congratulations on the TD that basically tied the score, after giving the opposing team a TD lead. Good job after you really fucked it up.

So one full game for Allen and already he has two turnovers. Sounds great doesn’t it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@deanpet21

I'll give credit to Allen for leading that last TD drive, but that didn't outweigh his turnovers, both of which were HUGE.

His INT set up the Giants with a short field, @ the Skins 27 yard line, and led directly to the Giants 1st TD.

His fumble was directly returned for a TD and while I think I understand what he was trying to do on the play which was throw the ball away. Both his arms/hands were pinned to the extent that attempting to throw the ball would have only looked like a fumble (which it did) And if he didn't want to have to punt to the Giants as the sack would've made it 4th n 19 or some shit from the Skins 45 yd ln. At least a punt puts the Giants deep in their own territory, giving the Skins defense a chance at a 3 n out and getting the ball back in decent field position needing only a FG to win. Whereas a recovered fumble by NY at worst gives them the ball already in WFT territory n a chance for the game winning FG att or TD and at best allowed them a scoop and score which turned into the winning score.

Situational football my friend. Not sure if Kyle understands it from the way he played in the waning minutes of the game yesterday.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t say that but the fact is if he hadn’t fumbled what happened at the end wouldn’t have mattered . If he was decisive and ran it in it’s a good conversion .

Now you didn’t give Haskins a break or credit for the eagles game , you say the defense won it which is bogus . But you don’t like Haskins so the credit you want me to give Allen is not The credit you give Haskins .

Now I am holding Rex to the standard you hold for Haskins and now you think it’s unfair

Well here is a stat that matters Rex is 0-9 in his last 9 starts , Haskins has 3 wins and he has played like EJ Manuel but he has 2 yrs less experience

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@deanpet21

I'll give credit to Allen for leading that last TD drive, but that didn't outweigh his turnovers, both of which were HUGE.

His INT set up the Giants with a short field, @ the Skins 27 yard line, and led directly to the Giants 1st TD.

His fumble was directly returned for a TD and while I think I understand what he was trying to do on the play which was throw the ball away. Both his arms/hands were pinned to the extent that attempting to throw the ball would have only looked like a fumble (which it did) And if he didn't want to have to punt to the Giants as the sack would've made it 4th n 19 or some shit from the Skins 45 yd ln. At least a punt puts the Giants deep in their own territory, giving the Skins defense a chance at a 3 n out and getting the ball back in decent field position needing only a FG to win. Whereas a recovered fumble by NY at worst gives them the ball already in WFT territory n a chance for the game winning FG att or TD and at best allowed them a scoop and score which turned into the winning score.

Situational football my friend. Not sure if Kyle understands it from the way he played in the waning minutes of the game yesterday.

fair point but he led the team back down he field after his gaffe. Of course he made mistakes but he did show grit all game. Running for first downs and made some big plays. In his first full game he has shown way more than Haskins did this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on the TD that basically tied the score, after giving the opposing team a TD lead. Good job after you really fucked it up.

So one full game for Allen and already he has two turnovers. Sounds great doesn’t it.

It was a huge drive after his fumble. Yes he had turnovers but he fought all game and should of tied the game at the end. RR robbed him of that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t say that but the fact is if he hadn’t fumbled what happened at the end wouldn’t have mattered . If he was decisive and ran it in it’s a good conversion .

Now you didn’t give Haskins a break or credit for the eagles game , you say the defense won it which is bogus . But you don’t like Haskins so the credit you want me to give Allen is not The credit you give Haskins .

Now I am holding Rex to the standard you hold for Haskins and now you think it’s unfair

Well here is a stat that matters Rex is 0-9 in his last 9 starts , Haskins has 3 wins and he has played like EJ Manuel but he has 2 yrs less experience

Allen has shown more Sunday than Haskins did all year. Its not even close. It was the right call to make the QB change. You cant fault a guy who led a huge comeback drive. RR is a bonehead. He threw his defense right under the table with that 2 point try.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair point but he led the team back down he field after his gaffe. Of course he made mistakes but he did show grit all game. Running for first downs and made some big plays. In his first full game he has shown way more than Haskins did this year.

I can't say I disagree with what I put in bolded lettering. Though I think you'd have call Allen's 2 turnovers that led directly to 14 points for the Giants more than mere gaffes. His INT was arguably the 2nd biggest play of the game and his fumble was the biggest play of the game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I disagree with what I put in bolded lettering. Though I think you'd have call Allen's 2 turnovers that led directly to 14 points for the Giants more than mere gaffes. His INT was arguably the 2nd biggest play of the game and his fumble was the biggest play of the game.

It was his first full game for Washington. Wasn't a perfect performance but I saw enough that he should be the QB for this team. Wasn't Allen's fault that Moreau for burned for the TD. The fumble was huge no doubt but how he responded to it was also huge. The fact he gets no credit for that on here is that posters on here want our team to lose which is horrible.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen has shown more Sunday than Haskins did all year. Its not even close. It was the right call to make the QB change. You cant fault a guy who led a huge comeback drive. RR is a bonehead. He threw his defense right under the table with that 2 point try.
horse manure , he is 0-9

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a huge drive after his fumble. Yes he had turnovers but he fought all game and should of tied the game at the end. RR robbed him of that.

Rivera robbed him of a tie? Had he not made the fumble, our defense was handling the NYG. Had he not fumbled, we wouldn’t have needed to comeback. All he would have needed was a FG.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen has much more familiarity with the system. DH was robbed of the offseason. Allen has lost nine straight games and this one is firmly on the offense and Allen’s two turnovers, one of which went for a TD.

It is a little closer than you claim. DH has a win this season. DH got benched after having a pretty good game against the best defense we have faced.

It was a horrible call making the change. It literally ended any and all prospects of DH being the guy or bringing anything in a trade. The team would have been better off starting with Allen in game one because of his familiarity with the system and bringing DH along slowly because of the offseason. As I said when Allen was brought here, he was always RR’s guy.

Of course you can fault the guy who led a comeback drive. It was that exact guy, nobody else, who put us behind.

Whether or not you agree with the call of going for two is not relevant. The coach gave Allen a chance to win it...Allen did not. As for our defense, I would have put the game in their hands, but maybe RR was thinking about the next time Allen had to touch the ball and the likelihood of him turning it over. Put it in Allen’s hands for one play and see if he can make a positive play, because if you put it in his hands for multiple plays, he is the most likely QB in football to turn it over.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera robbed him of a tie? Had he not made the fumble, our defense was handling the NYG. Had he not fumbled, we wouldn’t have needed to comeback. All he would have needed was a FG.

Exactly if the defense was handling NYG why go for 2 points? Doenst make sense. Play for overtime. The higher risk was the 2 point conversion and lose the game. Even if we converted, we weren't guatrnnetted the win. Thats how bad that call was.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen has much more familiarity with the system. DH was robbed of the offseason. Allen has lost nine straight games and this one is firmly on the offense and Allen’s two turnovers, one of which went for a TD.

It is a little closer than you claim. DH has a win this season. DH got benched after having a pretty good game against the best defense we have faced.

It was a horrible call making the change. It literally ended any and all prospects of DH being the guy or bringing anything in a trade. The team would have been better off starting with Allen in game one because of his familiarity with the system and bringing DH along slowly because of the offseason. As I said when Allen was brought here, he was always RR’s guy.

Of course you can fault the guy who led a comeback drive. It was that exact guy, nobody else, who put us behind.

Whether or not you agree with the call of going for two is not relevant. The coach gave Allen a chance to win it...Allen did not. As for our defense, I would have put the game in their hands, but maybe RR was thinking about the next time Allen had to touch the ball and the likelihood of him turning it over. Put it in Allen’s hands for one play and see if he can make a positive play, because if you put it in his hands for multiple plays, he is the most likely QB in football to turn it over.

Not Relevant? If you dont make it we lose the game. that is relevant. It is about winning not developing. Allen did what he had to do to get us to a tie. He should be off the hook for that fumble b/c he tied the score. there was no need to put that pressure on Allen to go for 2. It wasn't the last play of the game. Even if he coverts it we still could lose the game. Why doenst anyone understand this?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Relevant? If you dont make it we lose the game. that is relevant. It is about winning not developing. Allen did what he had to do to get us to a tie. He should be off the hook for that fumble b/c he tied the score. there was no need to put that pressure on Allen to go for 2. It wasn't the last play of the game. Even if he coverts it we still could lose the game. Why doenst anyone understand this?
It’s not relevant because his fumble caused it all and his failed execution of the conversion cost us the gamec