• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WFT (1-4) vs NYG Lawrence Rd 1

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Relevant? If you dont make it we lose the game. that is relevant. It is about winning not developing. Allen did what he had to do to get us to a tie. He should be off the hook for that fumble b/c he tied the score. there was no need to put that pressure on Allen to go for 2. It wasn't the last play of the game. Even if he coverts it we still could lose the game. Why doenst anyone understand this?
If we kick the XP we still could lose the game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean in a nutshell

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The essence of ABH
Thought process

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good points here

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly if the defense was handling NYG why go for 2 points? Doenst make sense. Play for overtime. The higher risk was the 2 point conversion and lose the game. Even if we converted, we weren't guatrnnetted the win. Thats how bad that call was.

The higher risk for an individual outcome was going for two. It also had the greater chance of coming out with a win.

Here is how bad your logic is...you say even if we convert, there is no guarantee we come out with a win...which is a true statement. But you fail to see, that exact scenario holds true if you kick the XP. So that scenario is a push.

NFL success rate is roughly 50% on 2-point conversions. Theoretically, the chances of winning in OT are 50/50. So RR put the game in the hands of YOUR QB, and his, and his QB came up short. This isn’t a real surprise to anybody other than you because your QB has now lost 9 straight games, actually ten because he started last week too. Maybe RR should stop having faith in the wrong person, the guy who single-handily put us behind a TD.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Relevant? If you dont make it we lose the game. that is relevant. It is about winning not developing. Allen did what he had to do to get us to a tie. He should be off the hook for that fumble b/c he tied the score. there was no need to put that pressure on Allen to go for 2. It wasn't the last play of the game. Even if he coverts it we still could lose the game. Why doenst anyone understand this?

Exactly. RR put the game into a 50/50 chance and we lost.

Allen did what he needed to get us a tie, but don’t you like to win? Had Allen not lost the game for us, we would have won the game, not tied.

We all understand it isn’t the last play of the game. You fail to understand even if we tied it up...it wasn’t the last play of the game. You also fail to accept Allen lost the game for us.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doenst make sense
What about Pontoon Ron has made sense so far! His Pressers? LOL

And by the way RR gets a huge pass from me cuz of cancer, our front office, no preseason, blah blah blah. I just won’t bother to trust his pressers.

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was his first full game for Washington. Wasn't a perfect performance but I saw enough that he should be the QB for this team. Wasn't Allen's fault that Moreau for burned for the TD. The fumble was huge no doubt but how he responded to it was also huge. The fact he gets no credit for that on here is that posters on here want our team to lose which is horrible.

First full game for WFT, but his 16th start in a system with the same HC he's been with for the entirety of his career which is going into year 4. He's w/o question the most experienced QB on the roster far as system n HC go, so stop acting like Allen was some rookie just starting his 2nd game. And sure, compared to what we've seen from Haskins n AS when they were on the field. Allen deserves to start next week.

No, it wasn't Allen's fault Moreau was burned for the Giants 1st TD. It was Allen's fault that Moreau was in the position to be burned for that Giants TD in the first place though. How Allen responded after his fum was huge, but it didn't outweigh his turnovers which indirectly and directly accounted for both Giants TDs.

I gave him credit. for that last TD drive. I said he's shown more than Haskins has this year. I said he deserves to start. I believe all that, but it doesn't discount that while he was a big reason WFT almost won the game Sunday with that last TD drive He was an even bigger reason for why they lost Sunday due to the 2 turnovers he commited. And if any other QB had the same game Allen did Sunday. I'd say the same thing about them.

I don't want the Skins to lose per se. I just don't see how winning a few games that will mean absolutely nothing except serve to drop them further n further down the draft pick list does them any good in the big picture of the future. Your viewpoint imo is small picture present day. I'm willing to give up a few wins now that will mean absolutely nothing 6 months after the season is over except crappier draft picking. In hopes that losing now and having better draft picking will lead to more wins and sustained success in the future. This will be the last time I spell that out for you. If you don't or can't understand it by now......well.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good points here

Maybe RR needs to sit Turner down and explain to him what playing to win actually means. As opposed to telling the media he's trying to get players into a play win mindset. Cuz, damn, That's just brutal.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean in a nutshell

There was no guarntee if we got the 2 that we would win. If it was the last play of the game I could see it but it wasnt.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The essence of ABH
Thought process

DH numbers were in garbage time. Allens numbers were when the game was on the line. Big difference. WOW!!! boasting garbage time numbers is pathetic.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no guarntee if we got the 2 that we would win. If it was the last play of the game I could see it but it wasnt.
You still arguing this point. Let it go. Time to move on to this weeks game already

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The higher risk for an individual outcome was going for two. It also had the greater chance of coming out with a win.

Here is how bad your logic is...you say even if we convert, there is no guarantee we come out with a win...which is a true statement. But you fail to see, that exact scenario holds true if you kick the XP. So that scenario is a push.

NFL success rate is roughly 50% on 2-point conversions. Theoretically, the chances of winning in OT are 50/50. So RR put the game in the hands of YOUR QB, and his, and his QB came up short. This isn’t a real surprise to anybody other than you because your QB has now lost 9 straight games, actually ten because he started last week too. Maybe RR should stop having faith in the wrong person, the guy who single-handily put us behind a TD.

Its not a push. The defense shut out the Giants the whole second half. You have Daniel Jones who makes alot of turnovers. Stick with your defense. Lets D. Jones beat you. The strength of this team is the defense so let them make the plays. The higher risk was going for 2. This is the first full game Allen is playing, We don't have A. Rogers back there. RR put way to much pressure on him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assume Kyle wouldn’t have fumbled or thrown an interception in overtime... if we even got the ball to begin with.

Pretty big assumption to me.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. RR put the game into a 50/50 chance and we lost.

Allen did what he needed to get us a tie, but don’t you like to win? Had Allen not lost the game for us, we would have won the game, not tied.

We all understand it isn’t the last play of the game. You fail to understand even if we tied it up...it wasn’t the last play of the game. You also fail to accept Allen lost the game for us.

Right our defense was playing well, so why take them out of the game? Why put the game on that one play? Hopkins missing a Fg was huge too. Sure the fumble was an awful play no doubt about it but the way the kid came back, he should of went to OT. Plus we are playing against Daniel Jones not Tom Brady. Shouldn't that matter? Even if we lost he coin toss in OT, don't you have faith in your defense to make them punt it back to you?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assume Kyle wouldn’t have fumbled or thrown an interception in overtime... if we even got the ball to begin with.

Pretty big assumption to me.

Less pressure in OT than on that 2 point play. Plus you take our defense away from game which was playing great in the 2nd half. Why isn't that a factor in all of this?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First full game for WFT, but his 16th start in a system with the same HC he's been with for the entirety of his career which is going into year 4. He's w/o question the most experienced QB on the roster far as system n HC go, so stop acting like Allen was some rookie just starting his 2nd game. And sure, compared to what we've seen from Haskins n AS when they were on the field. Allen deserves to start next week.

No, it wasn't Allen's fault Moreau was burned for the Giants 1st TD. It was Allen's fault that Moreau was in the position to be burned for that Giants TD in the first place though. How Allen responded after his fum was huge, but it didn't outweigh his turnovers which indirectly and directly accounted for both Giants TDs.

I gave him credit. for that last TD drive. I said he's shown more than Haskins has this year. I said he deserves to start. I believe all that, but it doesn't discount that while he was a big reason WFT almost won the game Sunday with that last TD drive He was an even bigger reason for why they lost Sunday due to the 2 turnovers he commited. And if any other QB had the same game Allen did Sunday. I'd say the same thing about them.

I don't want the Skins to lose per se. I just don't see how winning a few games that will mean absolutely nothing except serve to drop them further n further down the draft pick list does them any good in the big picture of the future. Your viewpoint imo is small picture present day. I'm willing to give up a few wins now that will mean absolutely nothing 6 months after the season is over except crappier draft picking. In hopes that losing now and having better draft picking will lead to more wins and sustained success in the future. This will be the last time I spell that out for you. If you don't or can't understand it by now......well.

Hey im about winning. I dont care if 6-10 wins he division we still won the division and can see a playoff game. You want to root for the draft pick go ahead.