• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WFT (1-4) vs NYG Lawrence Rd 1

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right our defense was playing well, so why take them out of the game? Why put the game on that one play? Hopkins missing a Fg was huge too. Sure the fumble was an awful play no doubt about it but the way the kid came back, he should of went to OT. Plus we are playing against Daniel Jones not Tom Brady. Shouldn't that matter? Even if we lost he coin toss in OT, don't you have to make them punt it back to you?
No. I don’t have faith in this defense to make them punt it back. Hell, the giants ate the third quarter up moving the ball on this d and fullers interception probably should’ve been overturned.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less pressure in OT than on that 2 point play. Plus you take our defense away from game which was playing great in the 2nd half. Why isn't that a factor in all of this?
I see it as more pressure . I am not mad about the call . Rex dicked up the execution and that’s why he is 0-9!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey im about winning. I dont care if 6-10 wins he division we still won the division and can see a playoff game. You want to root for the draft pick go ahead.
You wanT to kid yourself and chase fools gold go ahead we ain’t winning the division.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a push. The defense shut out the Giants the whole second half. You have Daniel Jones who makes alot of turnovers. Stick with your defense. Lets D. Jones beat you. The strength of this team is the defense so let them make the plays. The higher risk was going for 2. This is the first full game Allen is playing, We don't have A. Rogers back there. RR put way to much pressure on him.

It is a push because you are the one who stated the game wasn’t over even if we make the two point conversion.

I would love to stick with the defense but you discount the NYG MVP...Kyle Allen.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a push because you are the one who stated the game wasn’t over even if we make the two point conversion.

I would love to stick with the defense but you discount the NYG MVP...Kyle Allen.

RR wanted to make a hero out of Allen by going for 2 when he didn't have to. RR didnt take into the account that we were playing Daniel Jones and the defense steeped up big time in the 2nd half. Crazy risk which he didn't have to do.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right our defense was playing well, so why take them out of the game? Why put the game on that one play? Hopkins missing a Fg was huge too. Sure the fumble was an awful play no doubt about it but the way the kid came back, he should of went to OT. Plus we are playing against Daniel Jones not Tom Brady. Shouldn't that matter? Even if we lost he coin toss in OT, don't you have faith in your defense to make them punt it back to you?

I didn’t say I agree with the call. Hopkins cost us three points. Kyle Allen gave them 7. Costing us three is nowhere near as bad as giving the opposing team seven, especially when the opposing team could only score 13 against the defense.

Great...Allen made a comeback drive against a prevent D, that Allen put us in the position to need to comeback.

Had we been playing Brady, we wouldn’t have been in OT, so no it doesn’t matter.

I have all kinds of faith in the defense to stop NYG from scoring. I have little next to no faith in Kyle Allen leading a drive that doesn’t result in a turnover, completely taking the game out of the defense’s hands.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it as more pressure . I am not mad about the call . Rex dicked up the execution and that’s why he is 0-9!
I think he had a flashback to that Jalen Ramsey KO hit the week before and it caused his body to involuntarily freeze up. That's why he didn't try to run it in on the 2 pt conv.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey im about winning. I dont care if 6-10 wins he division we still won the division and can see a playoff game. You want to root for the draft pick go ahead.

Heh. The amount of oxymoron-ish it takes to associate 6-10 with being all about winning in the same sentence makes me embarrassed for you. That you actually did so with what I can only assume was a straight face makes it even moreso. And we wouldn't be so much seeing a playoff game as we would be watching sacrificial lambs being led to slaughter.

I am curious though. As a division title seems to bear all this paramount importance to you. Does your chest swell with pride now or does a lump develop in your throat still when you think about the division titles won and the immediate first rd exits from the playoffs of 2012 and 2015? And do you remember the following years of 2013 and 2016 and how the division titles of the previous years didn't really mean a damn thing because the Skins were unable to build upon them. How those division titles no matter how sweet they felt at the time, were really more counterfeit and flash in the pan than anything else due to being unable to build upon them. Cause a winning division title this year would be far less legit than either of the 2012 n 20015 division titles.

Maybe it's not really your fault though. I've always assumed you're a youngster. And by that I mean too young to really understand or enjoy the Redskins throughout the 80s and early 90s during the Joe Gibbs/Bobby Beathard era. If you were even alive at that time. Those were the glory years and they likely spoiled a lotta other Skins fans like they spoiled me. The Skins have never come close to those years starting from 1992 till the present. There's been a couple instances, 1999 and if a bounce had went the Skins way instead of the Bucs way in that divisional 99/00 playoff game. We probably wouldn't have won or made it to the Super Bowl that year, but who knows, And even moreso the 04/05 Skins in the Gibbs 2.0 era. That team I still believe could've legitimately competed for a Super Bowl title in the next couple years if Joe G had simply tuned up what was already a pretty decent car instead of going full on engine rebuild.

I imagine winning for youngsters and that's not a slight at young Skins fans. They just weren't around to experience actual winning. They've grown up thinking Robert Griffin's gimmicky rookie year is winning. Or Kirk Cousins filling up the stat sheet with glossy QB numbers is winning. It isn't winning though, not even close. And neither is winning an NFC East title with a 6-10 or 7-9 record. That's not even close either.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's not really your fault though. I've always assumed you're a youngster. And by that I mean too young to really understand or enjoy the Redskins throughout the 80s and early 90s during the Joe Gibbs/Bobby Beathard era. If you were even alive at that time. Those were the glory years and they likely spoiled a lotta other Skins fans like they spoiled me. The Skins have never come close to those years starting from 1992 till the present. There's been a couple instances, 1999 and if a bounce had went the Skins way instead of the Bucs way in that divisional 99/00 playoff game. We probably wouldn't have won or made it to the Super Bowl that year, but who knows, And even moreso the 04/05 Skins in the Gibbs 2.0 era. That team I still believe could've legitimately competed for a Super Bowl title in the next couple years if Joe G had simply tuned up what was already a pretty decent car instead of going full on engine rebuild.

I imagine winning for youngsters and that's not a slight at young Skins fans. They just weren't around to experience actual winning. They've grown up thinking Robert Griffin's gimmicky rookie year is winning. Or Kirk Cousins filling up the stat sheet with glossy QB numbers is winning. It isn't winning though, not even close. And neither is winning an NFC East title with a 6-10 or 7-9 record. That's not even close either.
So well said Breed. We’ve got generations of fans who just have never seen a functioning well managed team that actually WON. Love this synopsis from you. We were spoiled with Gibbs and our eccentric owner Jack Kent (who knew how to be wild and pay the checks all without meddling). Thank gawd I was around for it.

But it does set a different kind of standard and bitterness for some of us fans....we old...lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. The amount of oxymoron-ish it takes to associate 6-10 with being all about winning in the same sentence makes me embarrassed for you. That you actually did so with what I can only assume was a straight face makes it even moreso. And we wouldn't be so much seeing a playoff game as we would be watching sacrificial lambs being led to slaughter.

One of the smartest things you have committed to text

I am curious though. As a division title seems to bear all this paramount importance to you. Does your chest swell with pride now or does a lump develop in your throat still when you think about the division titles won and the immediate first rd exits from the playoffs of 2012 and 2015? And do you remember the following years of 2013 and 2016 and how the division titles of the previous years didn't really mean a damn thing because the Skins were unable to build upon them. How those division titles no matter how sweet they felt at the time, were really more counterfeit and flash in the pan than anything else due to being unable to build upon them. Cause a winning division title this year would be far less legit than either of the 2012 n 20015 division titles.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone can get beat on any given Sunday. If you dont care about making the playoffs than your not a fan of the tam.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can get beat on any given Sunday. If you dont care about making the playoffs than your not a fan of the tam.
If you don’t know what a losing football team is I can’t help you . By the way you aren’t the arbiter of what fandom is

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t know what a losing football team is I can’t help you . By the way you aren’t the arbiter of what fandom is

How do you call someone a fan who wants the team to lose and doesn't want to make the playoffs?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you call someone a fan who wants the team to lose and doesn't want to make the playoffs?
who said i wanted anyone to lose ? there is a big difference in seeing what the team has and understanding it wont win much then to make a big deal of winning a division with a losing record . it means you are a loser . champions win dean, its fools gold and an embarrassment to make a big deal out of a phony title because that is what it is , phony . i want a contender not a pretender

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said i wanted anyone to lose ? there is a big difference in seeing what the team has and understanding it wont win much then to make a big deal of winning a division with a losing record . it means you are a loser . champions win dean, its fools gold and an embarrassment to make a big deal out of a phony title because that is what it is , phony . i want a contender not a pretender

If we win the division and and win a playoff game its a successful season. You guys dont care if we get to the playoffs to have a chance to win a playoff game. How is that being a fan? That's being a hater.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy. If it is in the long term interest to lose, rather than get five wins and be a perennial loser, it is easy to cheer for losses. Hell...we are all used to losing. Maybe that is why you want a five win playoff spot, just so you can say you won the division. It would be a record breaking division. You can’t say you are winning either. You can say it is pathetic and this the reason for arguing they need to do away with division leaders getting playoff spots...which is a horrible idea.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy. If it is in the long term interest to lose, rather than get five wins and be a perennial loser, it is easy to cheer for losses. Hell...we are all used to losing. Maybe that is why you want a five win playoff spot, just so you can say you won the division. It would be a record breaking division. You can’t say you are winning either. You can say it is pathetic and this the reason for arguing they need to do away with division leaders getting playoff spots...which is a horrible idea.

I want a shot at a playoff game. Any fan wants that.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could very possibly be the most thick-headed poster on the hoop and that's saying something.