• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz reportedly wants out in Philly

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen how Pat McAfee reacts every time someone mentions Wentz to the Colts? It's priceless to watch. But it does make sense, especially if Rivers shits the bed in the playoffs which is a distinct possibility.
the only reason it makes sense is reich....honestly. thats it..........

not because rivers is nearing end.........that seems to be a factor for everyone.

its purely reich.

The colts have a win now roster.......and a great D, with a great o line......they dont wanna develop a qb.......thats why they got rivers.........only only if they think reich fixes and improves wentz, is he going there, and reich believes it too

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if Ben retires, you never know.
i do..........sadly, they like mason ALOT............

It would be 3532985% not like the steelers to make that move..........unless tomlin is fawning over wentz.......which maybe he is........but the steelers arent that organization, to make that gamble

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not because rivers is nearing end.........that seems to be a factor for everyone.

its purely reich.

The colts have a win now roster.......and a great D, with a great o line......they dont wanna develop a qb.......thats why they got rivers.........only only if they think reich fixes and improves wentz, is he going there, and reich believes it too
Would you take Wentz over Rivers?

I say no. I stay with Rivers.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its purely reich.

I agree and they also have that power running game that Reich loves and what made the 17 Eagles so good.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and they also have that power running game that Reich loves and what made the 17 Eagles so good.
yep......totally agree. but this rivers thing is such a driving force. But unless hes retiring, its not.......they would have to let him go.

wentz doesnt wanna be a back up remember? and rivers sure as heck isnt

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for 1 season? no, i would not
Then you also need to weigh in that Wentz contract. Hell I may have to keep Brisset as the back up to Rivers and hope to find diamond in the rough come the draft.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep......totally agree. but this rivers thing is such a driving force. But unless hes retiring, its not.......they would have to let him go.

wentz doesnt wanna be a back up remember? and rivers sure as heck isnt
Yeah, I agree with that. I just think the playoffs will be a huge deciding factor. If they find out they can't trust Rivers, there will be a ton of chatter out there. And Reich and Chris Ballard might re-evaluate things.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you also need to weigh in that Wentz contract. Hell I may have to keep Brisset as the back up to Rivers and hope to find diamond in the rough come the draft.
wentz's contract is fine.......its cheap, its appealing........ppl keep harping on his contract.......the ONLY team that should worry about his contract is philly, because they're on the hoook for it regardless.....any team that takes him gets him for mid 20's for 3 years(i think 3)....for a starting qb, cheap as heck. If teams think they can fix wentz, his contract makes him MORE attractive
jameis yes...Darnold, no
I thought darnold was shit at USC....nothing has changed my mind yet
i don't disagree, but there were some low key darnold draft rumors..........Jameis was heavily rumored here......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with that. I just think the playoffs will be a huge deciding factor. If they find out they can't trust Rivers, there will be a ton of chatter out there. And Reich and Chris Ballard might re-evaluate things.
but rivers has performed well this season.........so if he craps the bed one game, they bail for the ever proven wentz? the guy who hasnt handled pressure, lost his mind, and hasnt played in the playoffs?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more we talk about Indy, the more I think of what a clusterfuck the Andrew Luck thing was. If they could have even half assed protected him and kept him healthy, none of this talk is happening.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wentz's contract is fine.......its cheap, its appealing........ppl keep harping on his contract.......the ONLY team that should worry about his contract is philly, because they're on the hoook for it regardless.....any team that takes him gets him for mid 20's for 3 years(i think 3)....for a starting qb, cheap as heck. If teams think they can fix wentz, his contract makes him MORE attractive

i don't disagree, but there were some low key darnold draft rumors..........Jameis was heavily rumored here......
That's making an assumption it's only going to cost a team 20M?
Yes Philly is screwed on this one. Personally I see Philly holding onto him. Until he sits out.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky for NE they'll have the 3rd most cap space, a bunch of picks, not too many FAs of their own, coaching staff not likely to get raped like in years past(though rumors are circulating Josh McD and Nick Casserio) have some unofficial offers. Thanks to covid and Cam NE may end up with a top 10 pick. First time in years. BB will trade it away and draft some unknown OT from a jr. college with two surgically repaired knees. Just the way it goes.
I dont think Wentz could go to the Pats.
Bill doesnt coddle QBs. I believe he would break Wentz fragile pysche.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well for Philly he is gonna be costly no matter what. Trading is better for them.
For the other team. Mid 20's is cheap for a starting QB. problem is Does any one think Wentz is a plug & play starting QB.
Because Mid 20 mil for a back up no one's gonna trade for, or even a groom & eventually be a starter. No one is gonna give draft capital for that.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that if the rumors of Matt Stafford moving on from Detroit are true, every team on the list in need of a QB and with good cap space will jump on that.
I can completely see Stafford walking out of Detroit & right over to the Vikes. Then he could play against the Lions twice a year. The Vikes then could have a Qb to utilize those WRs they have.