• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Jalen Hurts lurking, Eagles’ Carson Wentz shows he’s no Jared Goff, or even Dak Prescott

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After Wentz’s second straight disaster, it’s time to see what Jalen Hurts can do. He was active Sunday, ahead of veteran Nate Sudfeld, so we know the Eagles believe he’s ready to run the team."

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this:
When the Bengals visit Sunday. Hurts should at least get a snap under center. He should get some red-zone run. If he can handle it, he should lead a whole series. And if Hurts isn’t horrible, he should earn even more time. If nothing else, inserting Hurts would wake up Wentz. It couldn’t hurt.
Maybe some competition is needed. But the NFCE is weak overall, they're playing the Bengals, not time to give up on Plan A yet.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this:

Maybe some competition is needed. But the NFCE is weak overall, they're playing the Bengals, not time to give up on Plan A yet.
Or, Sunday could be Joe Burrow's coming out party

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him in only 1 of my 8 fantasy leagues and I'm regretting that lol. He's seemed to decline and he is injury prone. I don't think Hurts is the answer but at this point, obviously, they have no other options

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been awful this season. He basically cost us the game in week 1 and gave us little chance with his INT in the endzone, which was an awful decision/throw. 5 turnovers in 2 games. Missing a bunch of throws. I said in 2018 when he came back that he wasn't the same after his injury. Just plain bad at this point.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been awful this season. He basically cost us the game in week 1 and gave us little chance with his INT in the endzone, which was an awful decision/throw. 5 turnovers in 2 games. Missing a bunch of throws. I said in 2018 when he came back that he wasn't the same after his injury. Just plain bad at this point.
Y'all have had a bunch of OL injuries, right? Just looking at the stats, PHI averaged 132 yds/game in '17, led by Blount and Ajayi and power run game. So far this year, looks like 178 on the ground (89/game) total. He's gonna need some help.

Wentz averaged 34 attempts in '17, 42.5 so far this year. If they need someone to carry the team himself, he's prolly not the right guy.

Last edited:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all have had a bunch of OL injuries, right? Just looking at the stats, PHI averaged 132 yds/game in '17, led by Blount and Ajayi and power run game. So far this year, looks like 178 on the ground (89/game) total. He's gonna need some help.

Wentz averaged 34 attempts in '17, 42.5 so far this year. If they need someone to carry the team himself, he's prolly not the right guy.

Brooks and Dillard are out for the year already, so that doesn't help. Johnson missed the first game. He definitely was aided by a better run game than what he has now, but I wouldn't read all that much into the number of attempts. The Eagles blew out alot of teams that season, as a by product he just wasn't asked to throw that much in the 2nd halves of games. His decision making is worse, which I think is a by product of him not being as mobile or not wanting to be as mobile because of his injury/injury concerns. He can't extend plays like he used too.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks and Dillard are out for the year already, so that doesn't help. Johnson missed the first game. He definitely was aided by a better run game than what he has now, but I wouldn't read all that much into the number of attempts. The Eagles blew out alot of teams that season, as a by product he just wasn't asked to throw that much in the 2nd halves of games. His decision making is worse, which I think is a by product of him not being as mobile or not wanting to be as mobile because of his injury/injury concerns. He can't extend plays like he used too.
I think that's exactly right. He seems to be forcing balls to try and prove to people he is great instead of taking what the defense gives him but he is also missing some easy throws. The play calling isn't helping though. When they were up on Wash last week, Pederson had them going for kill shots and Wentz was looking at the sky most every dropback. The line is only part of the problem in Philly, imo.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been inaccurate but I think the biggest problem might be coaching and front office. Howie's last few drafts have been flat out bad. Whiffing on JJ Arcega-Whiteside when DK Metcalf was on the board looks horrible.

Pederson has looked far less like an offensive genius ever since Frank Reich went to Indy. Reich was the offensive coordinator the year they won the SB and he apparently had a lot to do with the offensive balance.

All in all Wentz might indeed be a part of the problem, but I think the main problem is the nucleus has gotten old and they didn't do enough to improve the roster.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called it after the “Houdini game”. The tools he had that made him great at the time, would also be his undoing

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is tied with Cousins for the INT Lead at 4. On pace for 32.
Now we all know he'll never get to 32 as he'll get "Injured" before it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has been very overrated in my opinion.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if I told you Wentz lost to Seattle in last seasons playoffs?
Must have been the WRs signed off of the street that could only come down with 1 of his perfect 4 passes. On a positive note he did have a career playoff long 3 yard completion.