• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz reportedly wants out in Philly

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan to the 49ers.

Wentz to the Colts.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck getting ANYONE to share a $60M dead cap hit in 2021.... Wentz is an Eagle for at LEAST another year (until the potential out is activated). Nobody is going to accept $15 let alone $10M of dead cap for Carson Wince on top of a $34M salary.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan to the 49ers.

Wentz to the Colts.
That wouldn't be smart on the 9ers part... Seahawk fans would be jumping for joy if Ryan went there... He's well on the downhill decline of his career... Not saying that Wentz would be the answer - I just don't think Ryan is their answer... They'd be better off going in a different direction - they're a young team...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldn't be smart on the 9ers part... Seahawk fans would be jumping for joy if Ryan went there... He's well on the downhill decline of his career... Not saying that Wentz would be the answer - I just don't think Ryan is their answer... They'd be better off going in a different direction - they're a young team...
I think Ryan would fit great in Shanahan's scheme.....they were together in Atlanta.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I know everyone's consensus is the Colts.
I could see Elway doing some weird shit to get a vet QB.
Not saying this would bode well for Wentz, but I could see a scenario where the Broncos went after him.

two best places I could think of for him is the Colts & Vikings. I just dont see either of them trading for him. but then again. The Vikings did trade a #1 for Bradford so.......

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contracts and all the stipulations are way above my pay grade.

That being said, the only thing I can see is for his agent to rework his contract to be much more team friendly so that he becomes a better trade commodity.

I am pretty sure the NFLPA would not like that though.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contracts and all the stipulations are way above my pay grade.

That being said, the only thing I can see is for his agent to rework his contract to be much more team friendly so that he becomes a better trade commodity.

I am pretty sure the NFLPA would not like that though.
yeah I think the Union might block giving away money. They wont want that as setting a precedent.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck getting ANYONE to share a $60M dead cap hit in 2021.... Wentz is an Eagle for at LEAST another year (until the potential out is activated). Nobody is going to accept $15 let alone $10M of dead cap for Carson Wince on top of a $34M salary.
But he gets to pout for a year. Its gonna be so fun watching his ginger ass on the sidelines turning over the clipboard. Life is good.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shocked star trek GIF
I don't believe it...

Wait a minute...so Howie Isn't a cap genius? But every Eagle fan argued he was for 5 years now and told us over and over that "it's the same scenario every year and it always works out"
Lol if I recall “Eagles are changing the way Football is being played” or something to that effect. Never in my life has a fan base that has done so little act so fuckin important.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I know everyone's consensus is the Colts.
I could see Elway doing some weird shit to get a vet QB.
Not saying this would bode well for Wentz, but I could see a scenario where the Broncos went after him.

two best places I could think of for him is the Colts & Vikings. I just dont see either of them trading for him. but then again. The Vikings did trade a #1 for Bradford so.......
Yes! I’ve been meaning to post that this has elway all over it

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Indianapolis? I was under the impression they were going to resign Rivers to a 2 year deal or something like that.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy- depends on how they do in the playoffs but Rivers a good bet to stay, imo.
Niners- I think most people are in the camp the Shanahan wants to move on from JimmyG but does he want to fix Wentz? It's a maybe because that team is built to win in this window and they have enough around Wentz to allow him to be successful. Much like the 2017 Eagles in that regard.
Patriots- Wtf does Belichick do? they need a QB but they also need weapons. Slight maybe but unlikely.
Saints- Brees is retiring. Does anyone see Taysom Hill as a long term solution? And even if you do, he's about 2 stupid bull runs from getting clocked for good and turning into Cam Newton 2.0. Payton is the x factor. If any coach can get Wentz right, it might be Sean Payton. Then again, their cap situation is worse than the Eagles, isn't it?
Broncos- Meh, Elway could pull something like this but it would be the usual horseface failure.
Beyond that, it's a back-up role or a stand-in while the youngster gets ready or back from injury. Nobody wil pay $25 mil per for a back-up.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that if the rumors of Matt Stafford moving on from Detroit are true, every team on the list in need of a QB and with good cap space will jump on that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sorry someone said it, i think @Schmoopy1000 and i was gonna say it, and didnt. the broncos make so much sense.......or the colts........other than that, it will be someone you least expect. like san fran

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sorry someone said it, i think @Schmoopy1000 and i was gonna say it, and didnt. the broncos make so much sense.......or the colts........other than that, it will be someone you least expect. like san fran
I don't know...after watching Big Ben the last few weeks, Pittsburgh may be a destination

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen how Pat McAfee reacts every time someone mentions Wentz to the Colts? It's priceless to watch. But it does make sense, especially if Rivers shits the bed in the playoffs which is a distinct possibility.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy- depends on how they do in the playoffs but Rivers a good bet to stay, imo.
Niners- I think most people are in the camp the Shanahan wants to move on from JimmyG but does he want to fix Wentz? It's a maybe because that team is built to win in this window and they have enough around Wentz to allow him to be successful. Much like the 2017 Eagles in that regard.
Patriots- Wtf does Belichick do? they need a QB but they also need weapons. Slight maybe but unlikely.
Saints- Brees is retiring. Does anyone see Taysom Hill as a long term solution? And even if you do, he's about 2 stupid bull runs from getting clocked for good and turning into Cam Newton 2.0. Payton is the x factor. If any coach can get Wentz right, it might be Sean Payton. Then again, their cap situation is worse than the Eagles, isn't it?
Broncos- Meh, Elway could pull something like this but it would be the usual horseface failure.
Beyond that, it's a back-up role or a stand-in while the youngster gets ready or back from injury. Nobody wil pay $25 mil per for a back-up.
Lucky for NE they'll have the 3rd most cap space, a bunch of picks, not too many FAs of their own, coaching staff not likely to get raped like in years past(though rumors are circulating Josh McD and Nick Casserio) have some unofficial offers. Thanks to covid and Cam NE may end up with a top 10 pick. First time in years. BB will trade it away and draft some unknown OT from a jr. college with two surgically repaired knees. Just the way it goes.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...after watching Big Ben the last few weeks, Pittsburgh may be a destination
yeah he looks toast.........but they wont put that up for him........i can almost guarantee it.....