• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Goff

which qb do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So throwing for almost 400 yards and no turnovers against Stanford is bad? Anyway, what does that have to do with his ability to play at the next level? You need someone who has the ability to make the throws and someone with a good head on their shoulders, something Goff has over Wentz.

No one is disputing we got hosed on the trade. But we have to deal with the reality of the situation and there's no amount of bitching that's going to change it.

I added some thoughts on Carr and Goff in my previous post. But I have to ask how much prevent Stanford was playing in that game. How much were they up? 400 yards is still 400 yards but that alone doesn't scream #1 overall pick. Inconsistency doesn't scream #1 overall pick.

If you want to compare Carr to Goff, that's great.. But Carr wasnt even close to the #1 overall pick. I'd gladly take Goff where Carr went, but that's not going to happen. But it does show u how weak this QB class is and how much hype these QBs are getting.

I think Wentz is the pick. He's mobile and I hear he's built for the NFC West. David Carr said so ;)

But my question is if NDSU lost their QB and still made it to the championship game, maybe there are some other players on that squad that have some talent because Wentz did not even play most of the season last year

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think QB needy teams are kicking themselves for passing on Carr or not taking him earlier? Franchise QB's are always worthy of the top pick. Carr had everything you wanted coming out, except for the last name...thanks David.

As far as the Stanford game, Cal was only down 5 going into the 4th, so I doubt Stanford was in prevent mode.

I agree that the QB class is weak, but Goff is the superior QB of the class. I think the Rams could have traded into the top 10 to get him, but that makes me think they are going with Wentz at QB. More upside and potential, blah blah blah, where have I heard that before?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take someone like Carr at #1 is my point and he somehow fell to the 2nd round. Goff reminds me of Carr and I want that kind of QB on our team.

I would have to go back and see who was on that Fresno St team and the wins they had / losses they had. I liked Carr and Bridgewater at late 1st early 2nd. Wish we would have made it happen cuz then we wouldn't be in this mess.

But you can't just overlook the lack of experience from both of these QBs and say they should go #1. Like i said, Winston and Mariota faced a lot of good teams with solid defenses.

This is really a combination of the media and NFL hyping these QBs up and teams are so desperate to find a QB coaches, GMs will do anything to save their job.

Rams are no doubt banking on 1 of these 2 QBs coming in and leading the Rams to the playoffs which = not great lotto picks for the Titans. Fisher loses his job either way. If we continue the .500 streak or if he goes bat shit crazy and gives away the farm and it doesn't work.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr had loaded weapons with Davante Adams, Josh Harper and Isiah Burse on the outside and a good RB in Robbie Rouse. But he made them better players as well. I watch a lot of Fresno State games. I thought he was the best prospect but was hampered by his last name.

Goff as a 4 year starter has a lot more game experience than Wentz. Mariotta played in the same conference as Cal, so they faced similar defenses in their career.

I agree about the hype and this being a job saving move by Snead and Fisher, no doubt.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think QB needy teams are kicking themselves for passing on Carr or not taking him earlier? Franchise QB's are always worthy of the top pick. Carr had everything you wanted coming out, except for the last name...thanks David.

As far as the Stanford game, Cal was only down 5 going into the 4th, so I doubt Stanford was in prevent mode.

I agree that the QB class is weak, but Goff is the superior QB of the class. I think the Rams could have traded into the top 10 to get him, but that makes me think they are going with Wentz at QB. More upside and potential, blah blah blah, where have I heard that before?

Hell if games were played on upside and potential, we'd have the best LT in the game.

As far as Carr, I'm sure teams wish they took him earlier. Not sure about the top 5 tho. I think Jacksonville likes Bortles.

Teams fall in love with the bigger QB. Who knows if it's Ryan Leaf or Flip Rivers

Wentz gives me a Flip Rivers vibe but not as strong an arm, but more mobile. Not sure if
Wentz is a gunslinger. Sounds like his windows closed fast and he hasn't even went up against D1 defenses much less NFL defenses. Goff seems like a gunslinger and ready to go into a pass happy offense like San Fran is about to have, but he's not very mobile and not as tough as Wentz.

Both don't seem very polished or shiny to me at all

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr had loaded weapons with Davante Adams, Josh Harper and Isiah Burse on the outside and a good RB in Robbie Rouse. But he made them better players as well. I watch a lot of Fresno State games. I thought he was the best prospect but was hampered by his last name.

Goff as a 4 year starter has a lot more game experience than Wentz. Mariotta played in the same conference as Cal, so they faced similar defenses in their career.

I agree about the hype and this being a job saving move by Snead and Fisher, no doubt.

Only difference in Mariota and Goff is that Mariota ran a 4.4 forty, dominated the combine, and Oregon faced great defenses in bowl games and the final 4 Mariota had FSU worn out and he torched us. Probably the worst game I've seen FSU play in a longtime. Mariota got that experience which made him "Kind of" ready for the NFL. I don't think any rookie QB is really ready for the NFL today. Defenses are so fast

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're acting like Goff was surrounded by superior talent at Cal and played cream puff defenses. The fact is that Goff is the best passer in the draft and can make every throw in the NFL. He's smart enough to pick up a pro style offense and would be the best pick we could make.

He was surrounded by much better talent than Wentz was. Wentz has maybe a day 3 OT from his teammates in this draft.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some body better buy SJ a shot of whiskey! He's gonna blow a gasket! :exploding:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are trusting their scouts input. :L. Goodness dude if you don't get this is a Fisher and Snead trigger happy move to save their jobs, I don't know what else to discuss with you..

I bet many of the scouts don't like this move. Why would scouts want to give away draft picks? Scouts are paid to evaluate talent and help an organization keep the flow of talent coming in, not giving away 5 top picks for a big time question mark at QB.

Trusting their scouts :lol:

These type of trades are much more likely to end in the coach getting fired than succeeding, according to a recent article. They wouldn't make this move if they didn't believe the target was worth the move. They could very well be wrong, but that remains to be seen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some body better buy SJ a shot of whiskey! He's gonna blow a gasket! :exploding:

This sort of reminds me of last year's prospect evaluations of Florida State CBs (Darby vs PJ). SJ isn't open to discussion...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But my question is if NDSU lost their QB and still made it to the championship game, maybe there are some other players on that squad that have some talent because Wentz did not even play most of the season last year

The team clearly must have talent, as they have won 5 consecutive FCS championships.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nitpick - Goff is a three year starter and declared for the draft as a true junior.

Interesting note: Goff was recruited by Stanford. If he was coming out of that program with his accuracy, he's the easy #1 pick (and the Rams probably wouldn't have been able to trade up to get him). No spread offense stigma, but would have to beat out Hogan, who was already on campus.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sort of reminds me of last year's prospect evaluations of Florida State CBs (Darby vs PJ). SJ isn't open to discussion...

Interesting because both were pretty solid. If you haven't noticed, FSU = DBU

Ironically, I'd take any DB FSU has had the last 4-5 years besides Joyner. Joyner can hit, but we reached on him too. I'm sure you will find a way to argue this point and put words in my mouth that I didn't say, IF you read half of the post.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. Wentz was out 8 weeks and made back in time for the D2 Natty?

Sounds like they really missed him for 8 weeks down the stretch and getting to the championship huh?

As far as the built for NFC West comment, I heard it from you first. If you want to the steal the NFL hype-network's coined phrases during the offseason when they have nothing to do but hype up their own draft picks, go for it. If you want to :wank: after Wentz combine with a red jersey on, it's all you.

Yep, it's all about the combine, which is why I posted videos of his season highlights and tape from two games.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been having a discussion with 88 the past 1-2 hours bud. But I don't expect you to read really. Maybe if you could read and understand what's being said, you wouldn't sling so much shit against the wall like you do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting because both were pretty solid. If you haven't noticed, FSU = DBU

Ironically, I'd take any DB FSU has had the last 4-5 years besides Joyner. Joyner can hit, but we reached on him too. I'm sure you will find a way to argue this point and put words in my mouth that I didn't say, IF you read half of the post.

You were insistent that PJ was the far superior pick last year, despite the fact that teams threw at him more than they did Darby. Darby should've been the defensive ROY.

Interesting that you take a PJ-Darby post and make it about Joyner in a thread about Wentz-Goff that you have tried to make about Cook.