• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Goff

which qb do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think what I am saying makes any sense, I don't know how to spell it out for you.

I want neither of these clowns. Pretty sure i've said it before we even had the #1 pick. Goff hasn't done a dam thing to show me he's anything but a late 1st rounder. The guy has done nothing. I have no clue on Wentz. The guy has played D2. His arm is "ok" and he's mobile. Sounds like Tebow to me. I haven't even watched the guy play in game have you? Oh but you've seen tape.. And his stats against tough D2 defenses. :pound: But yeah he seems like a better fit than Goff.

You are the one saying Wentz is built for the NFC West after being hurt 8 weeks of D2 ball. Go to Wentz's profile and look at his release on some of those throws.

I'm the clueless one yet you are disagreeing with every scout in the league. Who is out there (other than Mrs. Cook) that thinks Cook is the #1 QB prospect? It's clear you haven't watched Wentz if you think he throws anything like Tebow.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the scouts have been so good drafting offense. :trash:

Not just Rams scouts, NFL scouts in general. The vast majority of scouts prefer Goff and Wentz to Cook.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is, I wouldn't have picked Cook either, would have seen what Mannion had first. Another fact is without going 4-12 again, we wouldn't see any top rated QB in any draft without giving up the farm. It is a screw up unless one of these guys becomes the next Kurt Warner in my opinion and really who saw Warner coming. Warner did have pro experience though in the Green Bay huddle be it 3rd team and indoor football.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played from behind a lot at Cal and like I said, the guy never even beat a top 25 team in college.
This is true, however playing on a top 25 ranked team himself, he has only had 1 opportunity. Last year when No. 23 Cal lost to @ No. 5 Utah by 6 losing 30-24.

He did have another opportunity playing on a team that was previously ranked (As high as No. 23) when NR Cal lost to @ No. 15 Stanford 35-22. And the Trees final ranking was much higher than that after winning the PAC and Rose Bowl.

No excuses, just some facts.

Last edited:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal was one of the worst teams in college football before Goff got there. The fact that hexes part of the rebuild and led a turnaround at Cal says a lot to me. I'm already relegating myself to Wentz being the pick.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is, I wouldn't have picked Cook either, would have seen what Mannion had first. Another fact is without going 4-12 again, we wouldn't see any top rated QB in any draft without giving up the farm. It is a screw up unless one of these guys becomes the next Kurt Warner in my opinion and really who saw Warner coming. Warner did have pro experience though in the Green Bay huddle be it 3rd team and indoor football.

At least taking Cook gives you another good prospect at QB plus you get to keep all your top picks for 2 years. He certainly isn't very far behind these other 2 QBs in the draft.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the clueless one yet you are disagreeing with every scout in the league. Who is out there (other than Mrs. Cook) that thinks Cook is the #1 QB prospect? It's clear you haven't watched Wentz if you think he throws anything like Tebow.

Geez man. Speaking of Mrs. Do u read at all? My Lawd!! Wentz and Tebow = mobile and ok arm strength. I just said some of Wentz throws I saw looked like he needed work on that release. Also said no one is in Timmys category as far as release. I also never said Cook was the best prospect at QB. I said he wasn't too far behind the "top 2" QB prospects + you don't have to give up the farm. :idea:

You sure do like putting words in my mouth. Consistently too. Never said you were clueless either. This is like arguing with my wife and throw in Groundhog Day once a month.

I still can't get over the "Wentz is built for the NFC West" comment. Missed most of the season in D2 Mo Valley last year but he's built for the NFC West. Remember the last QB we drafted #1 overall that missed a lot or
All of his last college season?

That's funny

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, however playing on a top 25 ranked team himself, he has only had 1 opportunity. Last year when No. 23 Cal lost to @ No. 5 Utah by 6 losing 30-24.

He did have on other opportunity playing on a team that was previously ranked (As high as No. 23) when NR Cal lost to @ No. 15 Stanford 35-22. And the Trees final ranking was much higher than that after winning the PAC and Rose Bowl.

No excuses, just some facts.

Also a fact that he's faced hardly any good defenses in his career. Also a fact he played from behind a lot which = prevent D.

Also a fact he's barely taken snaps from behind center.

Also a fact he threw 4 INTs versus Utah last year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez man. Speaking of Mrs. Do u read at all? My Lawd!! Wentz and Tebow = mobile and ok arm strength. I just said some of Wentz throws I saw looked like he needed work on that release. Also said no one is in Timmys category as far as release. I also never said Cook was the best prospect at QB. I said he wasn't too far behind the "top 2" QB prospects + you don't have to give up the farm. :idea:

You sure do like putting words in my mouth. Consistently too. Never said you were clueless either. This is like arguing with my wife and throw in Groundhog Day once a month.

I still can't get over the "Wentz is built for the NFC West" comment. Missed most of the season in D2 Mo Valley last year but he's built for the NFC West. Remember the last QB we drafted #1 overall that missed a lot or
All of his last college season?

That's funny

Broken wrist. Played the rest of the game with it and made it back for the championship game. Goff looks like he'll snap in half with one big hit and has never hit the weight room (Cal policy with their QBs, focus on flexibilty and cardio).

Feel free to watch NFL Network or read on the internet; that "built for the NFC West" opinion is not mine alone.

The backtracking on the Tebow comment is entertaining though! :clap:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're acting like Goff was surrounded by superior talent at Cal and played cream puff defenses. The fact is that Goff is the best passer in the draft and can make every throw in the NFL. He's smart enough to pick up a pro style offense and would be the best pick we could make.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: It doesn't look really good though either. And I was saying the mobile QB with Ok arm strength sounds like Tebow. No one has a release like Tebow.

@shopson67

Since you either have trouble Reading or understanding bud. Post #74 I believe

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're acting like Goff was surrounded by superior talent at Cal and played cream puff defenses. The fact is that Goff is the best passer in the draft and can make every throw in the NFL. He's smart enough to pick up a pro style offense and would be the best pick we could make.

What defenses did he play that were good and what did he do against them? Utah he had 4 picks. Stanford? What other solid defenses does the Pac 12 have? :lol: So Goff wasn't surrounded by great talent at Cal, but he'd be our best bet with the surrounding talent we have on offense?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams weren't really in position to necessarily get Cook in the second. They likely would've needed to trade up into the early 2nd.

These things don't happen for no good reason. They are trusting their scouts' input.

Yes they are trusting their scouts input. :L. Goodness dude if you don't get this is a Fisher and Snead trigger happy move to save their jobs, I don't know what else to discuss with you..

I bet many of the scouts don't like this move. Why would scouts want to give away draft picks? Scouts are paid to evaluate talent and help an organization keep the flow of talent coming in, not giving away 5 top picks for a big time question mark at QB.

Trusting their scouts :lol:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken wrist. Played the rest of the game with it and made it back for the championship game. Goff looks like he'll snap in half with one big hit and has never hit the weight room (Cal policy with their QBs, focus on flexibilty and cardio).

Feel free to watch NFL Network or read on the internet; that "built for the NFC West" opinion is not mine alone.

The backtracking on the Tebow comment is entertaining though! :clap:

So let me get this straight. Wentz was out 8 weeks and made back in time for the D2 Natty?

Sounds like they really missed him for 8 weeks down the stretch and getting to the championship huh?

As far as the built for NFC West comment, I heard it from you first. If you want to the steal the NFL hype-network's coined phrases during the offseason when they have nothing to do but hype up their own draft picks, go for it. If you want to :wank: after Wentz combine with a red jersey on, it's all you.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What defenses did he play that were good and what did he do against them? Utah he had 4 picks. Stanford? What other solid defenses does the Pac 12 have? :lol: So Goff wasn't surrounded by great talent at Cal, but he'd be our best bet with the surrounding talent we have on offense?

Yeah, one game will define a players ability to play at the next level. I guess Derek Carr should have sucked because he had a horrible game against Boise St. and USC and played in a conference with no defense. He must be riding that pine right now in the NFL...

Going forward if the FO pulls their head out of their ass and gets offensive weapons, Goff or any QB we bring in would be able to succeed. I'm looking at 2-5 years down the road, not just next season.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a machine people. It's all about hype and money right now leading up to the draft. The media loves a QB and the Rams drank the Kool aid and got trigger happy once again.

I would take a look at one of these QBs at #15, but no way I mortgage the farm for 2 years and 5 top picks to get one of these guys.

I'd be way more comfortable trading down and getting Cook in the 2nd, along with 4-5 other top picks the next 2 years. But thats me.

My guess is that whoever we get is going to look a lot like Mannion did last year. Would not surprise me at all if the Rams backtrack and Dont start the #1 overall pick.

Winston and Marriota were not that good last year and they had ALOT of experience against big time defenses in college. These QBs are in for a real treat :heh:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, one game will define a players ability to play at the next level. I guess Derek Carr should have sucked because he had a horrible game against Boise St. and USC and played in a conference with no defense. He must be riding that pine right now in the NFL...

Going forward if the FO pulls their head out of their ass and gets offensive weapons, Goff or any QB we bring in would be able to succeed. I'm looking at 2-5 years down the road, not just next season.

So what good defenses did Goff play against and how did he do?

Carr had some solid games and was pretty consistent in college. Carr also was not a top 10 pick. I would certainly draft Goff where Carr got drafted. That's my flipping point

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So throwing for almost 400 yards and no turnovers against Stanford is bad? Anyway, what does that have to do with his ability to play at the next level? You need someone who has the ability to make the throws and someone with a good head on their shoulders, something Goff has over Wentz.

No one is disputing we got hosed on the trade. But we have to deal with the reality of the situation and there's no amount of bitching that's going to change it.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carr had some solid games and was pretty consistent in college. Carr also was not a top 10 pick. I would certainly draft Goff where Carr got drafted. That's my flipping point

I'd take someone like Carr at #1 is my point and he somehow fell to the 2nd round. Goff reminds me of Carr and I want that kind of QB on our team.