• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Goff

which qb do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a lose, lose gig for what happens at this point. We here on the board are split 8-8 and so are all the media experts on if the Rams will draft Wentz or Goff. If Wentz gets picked, half will say the Rams blew it and same if Goff is drafted. It can also be said that if the Rams stayed at 15 and went with Case or Foles it would have not put a real QB in the future for the team. I was always one that want Mannion to get a shot but as long as they have did it, go with it. Now according to media reports Snead and Fisher (if anything can be believed) they already know who but want to look at both a few more days. I think at this point if they just want one of the QBs and really don't care who, go to Cleveland and ask who they want and recoup a couple of picks and say they got their man anyway. Everyone wins that way as long as the trade up can't be reversed.

I thought David Carr put it very succinctly last night. He thinks Goff is going to need more time to be ready coming out of the Bear-Raid spread offense. He wasn't required to make as many reads, call plays, etc as Wentz was coming out of his pro style offense. Plus, Wentz is built for the NFC West, a strong runner and a body built to absorb contact compared to Goff. Goff is the more accurate passer, but it will take time to get that accuracy on the field. If Wentz gets on the field sooner and supposedly has more upside, the decision seems clear IMO.

As far as all these guys pointing to rumors from wherever trying to confirm the choice, we all know this is smokescreen season.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats show Cousins with a small edge in rating and a sizeable edge in completion percentage, but behind in TD/INT:

Cousins: 723-1128 (64.1%), 9131 yards (8.1 y/att), 66 TD, 30 INT, 146.1 rat
Cook: 673-1170 (57.5%), 9194 yards (7.9 y/att), 71 TD, 22 INT, 139.8 rat

That's the glaring thing about Cook; the sub 60% completion percentage. That's tough to project to above-average starter status in the NFL IMO.

So Cook is pretty close to Cousins "on paper" and somehow he's "light years" behind Goff and Wentz -- according to the Rams FO. All while leading Sparty to 2 Big 10 titles and one of Sparty's all-time best QBs in their history (4 year starter). Not to mention HE PLAYED AGAINST LEGIT DEFENSES AND ACTUALLY BEAT A TOP 25 TEAM IN D1. :L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a 3rd option on here:

*Keep all the picks we had and use a 2nd rounder on Cook.

I don't want either of these guys for what we gave up. Goff is accurate with not a lot of speed, but doesn't have a lot of experience or success against good teams or defenses. Wentz is mobile, but questionable arm strength and accuracy. And he was playing D2.

Any of you ever ask yourself why he was playing D2 and not at Boise St? Or Michigan? Even Minnesota?

He was playing at D2 because he was injured his high school junior season when the majority of recruiting takes place. He was also a late bloomer in terms of size, as he shot up from a small, scrawny freshman to the prototype QB size he is now. Division 1 teams came in very late, but he stayed with ND State. It's home for him and a very big deal locally.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought David Carr put it very succinctly last night. He thinks Goff is going to need more time to be ready coming out of the Bear-Raid spread offense. He wasn't required to make as many reads, call plays, etc as Wentz was coming out of his pro style offense. Plus, Wentz is built for the NFC West, a strong runner and a body built to absorb contact compared to Goff. Goff is the more accurate passer, but it will take time to get that accuracy on the field. If Wentz gets on the field sooner and supposedly has more upside, the decision seems clear IMO.

As far as all these guys pointing to rumors from wherever trying to confirm the choice, we all know this is smokescreen season.

:lol: Wentz is build for the NFC West...

The guy missed 8 weeks last year due to injury. In D2. But now he's built for the most physical conference in the NFL. Ok

:kermit:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cook is pretty close to Cousins "on paper" and somehow he's "light years" behind Goff and Wentz -- according to the Rams FO. All while leading Sparty to 2 Big 10 titles and one of Sparty's all-time best QBs in their history (4 year starter). Not to mention HE PLAYED AGAINST LEGIT DEFENSES AND ACTUALLY BEAT A TOP 25 TEAM IN D1. :L

3 year starter actually; he backed up Andrew Maxwell in 2012 after redshirting in 2011.

Oh yeah, small hand size like Goff (9")...:D

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Wentz is build for the NFC West...

The guy missed 8 weeks last year due to injury. In D2. But now he's built for the most physical conference in the NFL. Ok

:kermit:

Broken bone in his wrist, and came back to play in the bowl game. You can't man-up and play through a broken wrist.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken bone in his wrist, and came back to play in the bowl game. You can't man-up and play through a broken wrist.

Was he out for 8 weeks last year or not?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz.. "ok arm strength" against D2 competition. Mobile.

Hell sounds like Tebow. Have you looked at Wentz's release at all? :L

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your #3 option SJ but its too late for that. Genie won't go back in the bottle or Fisher and Snead don't want it to.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 year starter actually; he backed up Andrew Maxwell in 2012 after redshirting in 2011.

Oh yeah, small hand size like Goff (9")...:D

Ok so you are right.. Found this on Wikipedia. Should have known - another hack reporting on the draft. Even so, 3 year or 4 year starter should not be the sole focus. Look at the guys career numbers. 71 TDs/22 INTs and ran team led by a solid defense, good run game and balanced passing game.

Sounds like a team I know. Sure as hell doesn't sound like a guy that's "light years" behind 2 over-hyped QBs.

Cook was redshirted as a freshman in 2011. He spent the 2012 season as a backup to Andrew Maxwell.[2] After Maxwell was benched, Cook helped lead the team to a win in the 2012 Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, completing four of 11 passes for 47 yards and a touchdown.[3] Overall, he appeared in three games, completing nine of 17 passes for 94 yards with a touchdown and an interception. He entered the 2013 season as the backup to Maxwell again. After Maxwell struggled, Cook took over as the starter after the first game and remained the starter the rest of the year.[4] He led Michigan State to a 34-24 victory over the Ohio State Buckeyes in the Big Ten Championship Game and was named MVP after throwing for 304 yards with three touchdowns.[5][6] He then led the Spartans to a 24–20 victory over the Stanford Cardinal in the 2014 Rose Bowl. He was named the offensive MVP after throwing for 332 yards and two touchdowns.[7] Cook finished the season with 2,755 passing yards and 22 touchdowns.

As a junior in 2014, Cook passed 3,214 yards with 24 touchdowns. He led the Spartans to 2015 Cotton Bowl, where they defeated the higher-ranked Baylor Bears, 42–41.[8] As a senior in 2015 Cook led the Spartans to a 16–13 win over Iowa Hawkeyes in the Big Ten Championship Game and was named MVP for the second time in three years. The victory earned them a spot in the College Football Playoff (2015 Cotton Bowl), where they lost to the Alabama Crimson Tide, 0-38. Cook finished the season with 3,131 passing yards and 24 touchdowns. For his career he completed 673 of 1,170 passes for a school record 9,194 yards with 71 touchdowns and 22 interceptions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz.. "ok arm strength" against D2 competition. Mobile.

Hell sounds like Tebow. Have you looked at Wentz's release at all? :L

Yes, and it is absolutely nothing like Tebow.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and it is absolutely nothing like Tebow.

:lol: It doesn't look really good though either. And I was saying the mobile QB with Ok arm strength sounds like Tebow. No one has a release like Tebow.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so you are right.. Found this on Wikipedia. Should have known - another hack reporting on the draft. Even so, 3 year or 4 year starter should not be the sole focus. Look at the guys career numbers. 71 TDs/22 INTs and ran team led by a solid defense, good run game and balanced passing game.

Sounds like a team I know. Sure as hell doesn't sound like a guy that's "light years" behind 2 over-hyped QBs.

Cook was redshirted as a freshman in 2011. He spent the 2012 season as a backup to Andrew Maxwell.[2] After Maxwell was benched, Cook helped lead the team to a win in the 2012 Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, completing four of 11 passes for 47 yards and a touchdown.[3] Overall, he appeared in three games, completing nine of 17 passes for 94 yards with a touchdown and an interception. He entered the 2013 season as the backup to Maxwell again. After Maxwell struggled, Cook took over as the starter after the first game and remained the starter the rest of the year.[4] He led Michigan State to a 34-24 victory over the Ohio State Buckeyes in the Big Ten Championship Game and was named MVP after throwing for 304 yards with three touchdowns.[5][6] He then led the Spartans to a 24–20 victory over the Stanford Cardinal in the 2014 Rose Bowl. He was named the offensive MVP after throwing for 332 yards and two touchdowns.[7] Cook finished the season with 2,755 passing yards and 22 touchdowns.

As a junior in 2014, Cook passed 3,214 yards with 24 touchdowns. He led the Spartans to 2015 Cotton Bowl, where they defeated the higher-ranked Baylor Bears, 42–41.[8] As a senior in 2015 Cook led the Spartans to a 16–13 win over Iowa Hawkeyes in the Big Ten Championship Game and was named MVP for the second time in three years. The victory earned them a spot in the College Football Playoff (2015 Cotton Bowl), where they lost to the Alabama Crimson Tide, 0-38. Cook finished the season with 3,131 passing yards and 24 touchdowns. For his career he completed 673 of 1,170 passes for a school record 9,194 yards with 71 touchdowns and 22 interceptions.

Who's saying light years? He's a 2nd round prospect. He's not captain material and had a low completion percentage. He should've come out last year; he would likely have been a mid-late 1st rounder.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: It doesn't look really good though either

Didn't you recently suggest Wentz was the better pick than Goff? Your arguments make little sense, and there is nothing wrong with Wentz' release. In fact, the talking heads were talking about how the ball was "whizzing" out of his hand at the combine and his pro day.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's saying light years? He's a 2nd round prospect. He's not captain material and had a low completion percentage. He should've come out last year; he would likely have been a mid-late 1st rounder.

The Rams are saying light years by what they just gave up, when they could have gotten Cook in the 2nd and kept picks.

And YES! He would have been a first rounder last year - a dam good crop of QBs. That tells you he's another solid option that's dropping for no real good reason. So hype that goes on and teams just forget about what a player has done on the field.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are saying light years by what they just gave up, when they could have gotten Cook in the 2nd and kept picks.

And YES! He would have been a first rounder last year - a dam good crop of QBs. That tells you he's another solid option that's dropping for no real good reason. So hype that goes on and teams just forget about what a player has done on the field.

Rams weren't really in position to necessarily get Cook in the second. They likely would've needed to trade up into the early 2nd.

These things don't happen for no good reason. They are trusting their scouts' input.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you recently suggest Wentz was the better pick than Goff? Your arguments make little sense, and there is nothing wrong with Wentz' release. In fact, the talking heads were talking about how the ball was "whizzing" out of his hand at the combine and his pro day.

If you don't think what I am saying makes any sense, I don't know how to spell it out for you.

I want neither of these clowns. Pretty sure i've said it before we even had the #1 pick. Goff hasn't done a dam thing to show me he's anything but a late 1st rounder. The guy has done nothing. I have no clue on Wentz. The guy has played D2. His arm is "ok" and he's mobile. Sounds like Tebow to me. I haven't even watched the guy play in game have you? Oh but you've seen tape.. And his stats against tough D2 defenses. :pound: But yeah he seems like a better fit than Goff.

You are the one saying Wentz is built for the NFC West after being hurt 8 weeks of D2 ball. Go to Wentz's profile and look at his release on some of those throws.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams weren't really in position to necessarily get Cook in the second. They likely would've needed to trade up into the early 2nd.

These things don't happen for no good reason. They are trusting their scouts' input.

Yes the scouts have been so good drafting offense. :trash: