• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Goff

which qb do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already commented on "the rankings" 5 times. Goodness - It's easy math man. It's all about quality opponents which is EXACTLY why Stanford didn't get into the Final 4. The SEC West beats each other up, while the "bowl eligible" Pac 12 conference is weak and BEAT only Michigan outside their conference for the entire YEAR. It's all on the internet man... Go look at who the Pac 12 beat outside their conference. Washington st at an impressive 9-4 can't even beat a FCS team. That's how bad it is.

Meanwhile, last place SEC West Auburn beats Memphis and Louisville outside their conference.

LOL @ final rankings. The only final ranking that means shit bud is #1. And the Pac 12 hasn't sniffed it for years.

Yes Portland St over Wash St
Yes Stanford lost to Northwestern
Yes Tennessee beat NW 45-6
Yes Texas A&M beat AZ st 38-17

Pac 12 beat no one but themselves all year

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, I didn't mean to stir things up? I live in the Midwest and I would say along with the majority of people that the best conference in football is the SEC, period.
I'm also saying that the PAC 12 is a throwing conference as was the Big 12 when Sammie boy came out, all offensive numbers are going to be a little skewed?

In the big picture what I'm saying is the average college team has a few decent defensive players, Goff, Sammy, or other QBs are going to put up numbers against teams that have a couple of good defensive players. In the NFL they are playing against a team of good players, so Goffs great red zone numbers aren't necessarily going to translate to the NFl.
It's alot easier to throw 40-50 TD passes in college than it it's in the NFL, otherwise Tommy Chang and Sammy would be posing for their HOF bust already?

You are not stirring anything up, we are simply getting to why Goff hasn't played legit defenses and barely even dominated decent/average defenses.

Vita's just drinking kool-aid, honkin, and spinnin

:lebowski2:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And @Vitamike I love your 98.5% of the time positive attitude in here... I just think sometimes it leads you to the well and you drank the kool-aid of hope. :thumb: I hope Goff is a good QB. I also hope he gets to sit and watch a bit because like i said.. i would not be surprised a bit if he comes out looking a bit shell shocked and Mannion actually looks better.

I'd say this biggest game he's been exposed to was Texas @ Texas against a pretty good Defense that was rusty early in the season.

Cal @ Washington looks like a good win on paper. I didn't see it. But then it looks like Cal goes into a downward spiral towards the end of the season.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And @Vitamike I love your 98.5% of the time positive attitude in here... I just think sometimes it leads you to the well and you drank the kool-aid of hope. :thumb: I hope Goff is a good QB. I also hope he gets to sit and watch a bit because like i said.. i would not be surprised a bit if he comes out looking a bit shell shocked and Mannion actually looks better.

I'd say this biggest game he's been exposed to was Texas @ Texas against a pretty good Defense that was rusty early in the season.
Well it's time to move on you too are blinded by your SEC goggles to see anything with objective eyes. I've conceded quite a bit but you'd argue with a rock, if you felt they disrespected the SEC. :lol:

As far as Goff goes, you are spot on SJ.

Your point about Goff never playing 'big' in a big game is troublesome. He had one real chance vs Utah and threw something like 5 INT's. The last one, driving with a chance to win the contests.:L

Lets hope Mike Martz is right about this guy!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's time to move on you too are blinded by your SEC goggles to see anything with objective eyes. I've conceded quite a bit but you'd argue with a rock, if you felt they disrespected the SEC. :lol:

As far as Goff goes, you are spot on SJ.

Your point about Goff never playing 'big' in a big game is troublesome. He had one real chance vs Utah and threw something like 5 INT's. The last one, driving with a chance to win the contests.:L

Honkers gonna honk. I just don't see who the Pac 12 beat this year besides themselves. :wank:

Was the Utah game raining? It was not good for Goff, but he did beat a young Texas team in Texas and maybe you all on the west side know about the Washington Cal game. That's a good defense to beat on the road and usually is every year. Looks like Cal started hot and then couldn't beat anyone late in the season.

Just telling it like it is like i always do..

Go Noles! Eff the SEC.. but dam them boys are good.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Mike Martz is right about this guy!
Here's what Mike Martz had to say about Goff...

On Goff, Martz drew comparisons to Warner for his ability to stand in the pocket and deliver in the face of great pressure. That was a mandatory trait in Martz's offense, which featured plenty of seven-step drops. It's unlikely Goff will need to worry much about taking those drops in the Rams' current offense, but his proficiency for getting rid of the ball quickly and handling pressure should undoubtedly serve him well as he transitions to the NFL.
Mike Martz is a believer in Jared Goff, Carson Wentz

Here's another article I think I posted somewhere else...

Martz compares Goff, Wentz to Rams legend Warner

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And @Vitamike I love your 98.5% of the time positive attitude in here... I just think sometimes it leads you to the well and you drank the kool-aid of hope.

Kool aid of Hope? :pound::pound::pound:That's some funny chit right there! Come On V-mike say something negative for a change! :mad2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Goff playing against a pretty good Washington defense. It's an edited version only showcasing the Cal offensive plays and runs about 12 minutes. The TD at the 5.11 mark is pretty impressive. This must be what Martz is talking about, stand in there like Kurt Warner, takes the punishment and makes the perfect TD pass into tight coverage.

Chris Peterson has this defense flying around the ball. Peterson doesn't bring too much pressure but puts on a lot of stunts. Goff holds on to the ball when Washington only brings 3 and 4 men and takes some unnecessary sacks, however when they bring pressure or when pressure gets to Goff early, Goff makes some terrific throws.

You gotta love the extra effort on 4th. down where Goff take the keeper and fights for the first to secure the win.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here Goff is playing against ASU and Todd Graham's defense. Todd likes to bring a lot of pressure as you will see if you watch this. Again, it's an edited version that only showcases the Cal offense and is just over 10 minutes in duration. Cal goes down early and finds themselves behind 27-10 at the half.

Goff throws a pretty nice TD at the 5:48 mark to begin the comeback. Graham just continues to bring pressure but Cal keeps moving the chains and finally takes the lead 45-39 with about 6 minutes to go but ASU comes back to takes the lead on the next drive, 46-45 Devils.

With 2 minutes left, Goff takes the ball 70 yards to set up the winning field goal. In that drive, if you don't watch the whole thing, make sure you go to the 9:05 mark and watch the next two plays. One's a nice step up and throw over the middle, the next ... well you gotta see it if you haven't seen it already...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here Goff is playing against ASU and Todd Graham's defense. Todd likes to bring a lot of pressure as you will see if you watch this. Again, it's an edited version that only showcases the Cal offense and is just over 10 minutes in duration. Cal goes down early and finds themselves behind 27-10 at the half.

Goff throws a pretty nice TD at the 5:48 mark to begin the comeback. Graham just continues to bring pressure but Cal keeps moving the chains and finally takes the lead 45-39 with about 6 minutes to go but ASU comes back to takes the lead on the next drive, 46-45 Devils.

With 2 minutes left, Goff takes the ball 70 yards to set up the winning field goal. In that drive, if you don't watch the whole thing, make sure you go to the 9:05 mark and watch the next two plays. One's a nice step up and throw over the middle, the next ... well you gotta see it if you haven't seen it already...

Not trying to be a negative Nancy... AZ St had one of the worst defenses in the NCAA last year - ranked 112 out of 127. But i still like the highlights.

I think the first thing we all will notice is how fast Goff transitions from the shotgun to taking snaps behind center. If he gets this quick, i think we have something... If not, he's going to be somewhat of a project at first. So cross your fingers.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So cross your fingers.
Man SJ, that's all I've been doing. :hope:

I'm like a lot of you in here, just not happy we went QB at all in the first round much less about the trade up. Even then, in hind sight, we could have traded back and picked up Lynch if we felt we needed to draft a first round QB.

Really hope Goff is special, still would rather have selected Hundley in the 4th last year, a talented Center in the 3rd and some stud offensive players with our first 3-5 picks in this years draft.

That said, I'm just a rallying Goff honk at this point.

:cheer2::cheer2::clap2::cheer2::cheer2:

That's me in the middle, surrounded by the ladies as usuall....:yo:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ St had one of the worst defenses in the NCAA last year - ranked 112 out of 127. But i still like the highlights.
They had a very bad team last year, easily the worst year for Todd Graham hands down. His defense was neither talented nor deep and they would let games slip away from them real quickly. You could see that, just from this video, but they could put it together at times under Graham's defensive system.

I expect to see ASU hanging around the top of the South next year with Utah taking a step back, but the eventual South winner will be either USC or UCLA.

In the North, I'm thinking we may see a changing of the guard between Washington and Oregon, however Stanford will still be top dog if they can manage life without Hogan.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man SJ, that's all I've been doing. :hope:

I'm like a lot of you in here, just not happy we went QB at all in the first round much less about the trade up. Even then, in hind sight, we could have traded back and picked up Lynch if we felt we needed to draft a first round QB.

Really hope Goff is special, still would rather have selected Hundley in the 4th last year, a talented Center in the 3rd and some stud offensive players with our first 3-5 picks in this years draft.

That said, I'm just a rallying Goff honk at this point.

:cheer2::cheer2::clap2::cheer2::cheer2:

That's me in the middle, surrounded by the ladies as usuall....:yo:

I would have been cool with Connor Cook and Josh Doctson and all of those picks for sure. Even Kevin Hogan and see what the other QBs can do with a hopefully improved/experienced O-line. But if Goff gets it quick and we see something from 1 WR and 1 TE (2 weapons for Goff), it's still a pretty good draft.

WR Josh Doctson's hands, leaping highlights Redskins' rookie minicamp

Doctson reminds me of Alshon alot! :tsk:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what Mike Martz had to say about Goff...

On Goff, Martz drew comparisons to Warner for his ability to stand in the pocket and deliver in the face of great pressure. That was a mandatory trait in Martz's offense, which featured plenty of seven-step drops. It's unlikely Goff will need to worry much about taking those drops in the Rams' current offense, but his proficiency for getting rid of the ball quickly and handling pressure should undoubtedly serve him well as he transitions to the NFL.
Mike Martz is a believer in Jared Goff, Carson Wentz

Here's another article I think I posted somewhere else...

Martz compares Goff, Wentz to Rams legend Warner

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tj: I know it went from Wentz-Goff to SEC-Pac 12, all I give a shit about is the O-line blocking for Goff and Gurley.:nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch!

I had Pitt in a big money pool but was pulling for Kurt all the way.

That play pissed me off.

Didn't even view it this time around because it hurts to see that chit Red.

I do remember Fitz pulling Harrison back from crossing the goal line and another dumb shit Cardinal player knocking Harrison forward, away from Fitz momentum, and into the endzone. :L

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tj: I know it went from Wentz-Goff to SEC-Pac 12, all I give a shit about is the O-line blocking for Goff and Gurley.:nod:
Hey, we circled back to Goff blue.... :suds: