• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Goff

which qb do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Golden Flash are Kent State, I knew that one lol. Had to look up the Mocs - Chattanooga.
At least Kent State is in the MAC and an FBS school. Still a bottom feeder though as they have a .065 winning record (That's less than 10 percent) vs P5 Schools; 3 wins in 46 tries. :L
And they have never beat an SEC school for a winning percentage of .000.:lol:

I'm telling you, them SEC boys play some hellacious defense in that conference! Them Golden Flashes have only been able to muster an average of 9.3 points per game against the mighty SEC D's! :heh:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, the highly ranked Crimson Tide will finally be heading West to face one of the lessor 2015 PAC12 teams next season after 15 years of avoiding the Pacific Athletic Conference Twelve.

The Tide will be hosting the PAC's 2015 7th. place team in the USC Trojans at Jerry World in their season opener.

However, it wont be quite that far West to the Pacific as Bama just has this 'aversion' to travel. :lol:

(In the Tides FOUR away games this coming season, they will travel a total of 1,373 miles if we don't count their home game at Jerry World vs the Trojans. USC, in their SIX away games, <With ONE in LA> will travel more on that one trip to Texas <1,419 miles> than Bama will the entire season! Even if we do count the Jerry World trip for both, the Trojans will still travel more than twice as many miles <4,092> than Alabama <1,980> will on all road games plus the Texas trip! :eek:)

So maybe Saban isn't truly scared but he is more likely to play nobodies in Tuscaloosa, than anybody anywhere like the teams in the Conference of Champions routinely do!

Note: This coming season's finest home game of nobodies for Bama are either the 'Golden Flashes' or The 'Mocs', you tell me who they are by those nicknames. :noidea: And if you know who at least one of those teams are by their nicknames, it's only because FSU pulls the same BS and scheduled the Mocs in Tallassee last year & won by a score of 52-13 I'll add. :dhd: Great defense, right?

Are you now saying that Pac 12 teams don't schedule a few cupcakes in their first few games? Or are you saying the Pac 12 plays cupcakes ALL SEASON LONG during conference play? :lol:

FSU played some cupcakes, but they also play Florida every season. Notre Dame, Okla St are some other non-conference opponents the past few years as well.

BAMA FSU to open the season in 2017. Lookout BAMA!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Kent State is in the MAC and an FBS school. Still a bottom feeder though as they have a .065 winning record (That's less than 10 percent) vs P5 Schools; 3 wins in 46 tries. :L
And they have never beat an SEC school for a winning percentage of .000.:lol:

I'm telling you, them SEC boys play some hellacious defense in that conference! Them Golden Flashes have only been able to muster an average of 9.3 points per game against the mighty SEC D's! :heh:

The SEC has won many of the last 9-10 BCS championships.. Mainly due to defense. It's all on TV just have to watch. How many has the Pac 12 won?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you now saying that Pac 12 teams don't schedule a few cupcakes in their first few games? Or are you saying the Pac 12 plays cupcakes ALL SEASON LONG during conference play? :lol:

FSU played some cupcakes, but they also play Florida every season. Notre Dame, Okla St are some other non-conference opponents the past few years as well.

BAMA FSU to open the season in 2017. Lookout BAMA!
That's some funny stuff SJ. :lol:

What I'm saying is it's a hell of a lot easier to play 'great defense' at home vs suckie offensive teams where you are only traveling to 4 road games per year in a smaller conference area AND you are scheduling D2 opponent home games, the weak non P5 schools playing when you are playing D! and always in the South East southern comfort weather.

The PAC travels to play in the Heat of the desert, in the snow in the Rockies, the Rain of the Pacific North West, in the Smog of LA, & them smart ass geeks in the Bay!

Now that type of diversity, adds to the adversity when traveling 2000 more miles each season than the average SEC team.

By the way, there are only TWO schools P5 schools who have NEVER played an FCS opponent, both in the PAC12 South Schools (UCLA & USC)

Note: Notre Dame is the only other FBS school to have never played an FCS opponent.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm really saying @SJ76 is I've shown the other P5 conference defenses struggle against them PAC 12 offenses just like the PAC defenses struggle.

So looking at points against in the PAC, as Smed has mentioned, is not a true indicator that the PAC has weak defenses, otherwise the other P5 conferences wouldn't do so poorly holding PAC offenses when facing them head to head.

By the way, the SEC has never won a National Title game, it's a conference, not a team. Only teams in the SEC have but this is a whole different subject and it starts with East coast bias and ends with an inflated amount of opportunity.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some funny stuff SJ. :lol:

What I'm saying is it's a hell of a lot easier to play 'great defense' at home vs suckie offensive teams where you are only traveling to 4 road games per year in a smaller conference area AND you are scheduling D2 opponent home games, the weak non P5 schools playing when you are playing D! and always in the South East southern comfort weather.

The PAC travels to play in the Heat of the desert, in the snow in the Rockies, the Rain of the Pacific North West, in the Smog of LA, & them smart ass geeks in the Bay!

Now that type of diversity, adds to the adversity when traveling 2000 more miles each season than the average SEC team.

By the way, there are only TWO schools P5 schools who have NEVER played an FCS opponent, both in the PAC12 South Schools (UCLA & USC)

Note: Notre Dame is the only other FBS school to have never played an FCS opponent.

Last year:

BAMA 38
Sparty 0 BCS Semis - Game was not at home

BAMA 38
Georgia 10 @ Georgia

BAMA 31
Miss St 6 @ State

You tellin me BAMA is scared of the Pac 12 on the road? Seriously?

And has ANY TEAM in the Pac 12 won a natty lately? Because an SEC TEAM has won the BCS championship 6-7-8 times now.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And has ANY TEAM in the Pac 12 won a natty lately? Because an SEC TEAM has won the BCS championship 6-7-8 times now.
Like this is some magic trump card that wins any conversation regarding CFB. :L

SJ what the fcuk does BCS championships have to do with whether or not the PAC is a weak defensive conference or not?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tellin me BAMA is scared of the Pac 12 on the road? Seriously?
I was screwing around, hence all the emoji's. I do think they know they have a good thing going with the East coast bias. Not being challenged to play more conference games like the PAC12's 9 conference games each year. Not playing more than 4 or 5 away games per year, not scheduling home and away games with other P5 schools.

Also I thought it was kind of funny that #3 Bama fell hard after losing to my middle of the PAC Bruins 2 years in a row and hasn't shown there faces on the West coast since, all the while, the PAC has played a whole lot of games on the East coast.

Like I said, it is inherent because of the East Coast bias. That is why the PAC travels East and the upper echelon SEC teams hardly travel at all. If the Earth were to rotate the other way around the Sun I'm sure we would be seeing the East coast teams traveling to the West coast and the West coast teams hardly traveling at all. Probably wouldn't have an SEC team with a National Title in the past 10 years too. :rolleyes2:

Just thought I'd add in that Earth rotation thing in there since I know how much you love them hypothetical scenarios.. :heh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screwing around, hence all the emoji's. I do think they know they have a good thing going with the East coast bias. Not being challenged to play more conference games like the PAC12's 9 conference games each year. Not playing more than 4 or 5 away games per year, not scheduling home and away games with other P5 schools.

Also I thought it was kind of funny that #3 Bama fell hard after losing to my middle of the PAC Bruins 2 years in a row and hasn't shown there faces on the West coast since, all the while, the PAC has played a whole lot of games on the East coast.

Like I said, it is inherent because of the East Coast bias. That is why the PAC travels East and the upper echelon SEC teams hardly travel at all. If the Earth were to rotate the other way around the Sun I'm sure we would be seeing the East coast teams traveling to the West coast and the West coast teams hardly traveling at all. Probably wouldn't have an SEC team with a National Title in the past 10 years too. :rolleyes2:

Just thought I'd add in that Earth rotation thing in there since I know how much you love them hypothetical scenarios.. :heh:

PAC12 has been using the spread for a while now, which inflates offensive numbers. Defenses give up more yards as a result, but doesn't necessarily mean they are weaker defenses.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like this is some magic trump card that wins any conversation regarding CFB. :L

SJ what the fcuk does BCS championships have to do with whether or not the PAC is a weak defensive conference or not?

I don't know what you are saying Vita.. Either Pac 12 defense is under-rated or SEC defense is over-rated? Maybe Shopson knows how many SEC & PAC 12 defensive players went in the 1st 2 round of the draft in 2015 and 2016. I don't have time to look it up.

i think you carried over the kool-aid from the weekend is what i think! :lol:

:lebowski2:

Pac 12 kool-aid vs BAMA defense... who wins?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2000? That's pre-Saban meng

Like I said, it is inherent because of the East Coast bias. That is why the PAC travels East and the upper echelon SEC teams hardly travel at all. If the Earth were to rotate the other way around the Sun I'm sure we would be seeing the East coast teams traveling to the West coast and the West coast teams hardly traveling at all. Probably wouldn't have an SEC team with a National Title in the past 10 years too.

The top SEC (West) teams don't have to travel because they play top 10 teams IN THEIR OWN CONFERENCE every 2-3 weeks. Why would they elect to play a more difficult schedule outside their conference too? BAMA played 7 teams in the top 20 last year, 1 was outside their own conference. 3 of those teams in the top 10. They lost to 15 Ole Miss on the road.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to go by stats, let's go by yards per game which is pretty fair and takes into account how bad these teams' offenses were... Found 6 teams from the SEC before i found 1 team from the Pac 12.

Total Defense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

7 teams in top 40 from SEC
1 team in top 40 from Pac 12

:markou:

this is without my eye test and pays no attention to 7-8 BCS championships in the last 10-11 years.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC12 has been using the spread for a while now, which inflates offensive numbers. Defenses give up more yards as a result, but doesn't necessarily mean they are weaker defenses.

Missouri, A&M, Miss St, Auburn use somewhat of a spread too, but they can't use a spread 100%, because they'd get their QB killed. UCLA uses a pro-style offense i thought?

:party:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's draft:

10 SEC defensive players go in first 2 rounds.
Pac 12 = 4

10-4?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 Draft:
PAC12 Defense

1.7 DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
1.27 Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA
2.36 Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA
2.53 Su'a Cravens, S, USC

SEC Defense:
1.9 Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
1.11 Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
1.17 Keanu Neal, S, Florida
1.29 Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss
2.37 Chris Jones, DT, Miss State
2.41 Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
2.46 A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
2.49 Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
2.52 Deion Jones, LB, LSU
2.60 Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama

2015 Draft:
PAC12 Defense

1.6 Leonard Williams, DE, USC
1.12 Danny Shelton, DT, Washington
1.17 Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon
1.18 Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
1.25 Shaq Thompson, OLB, Washington
1.30 Demarious Randall, S, Arizona State
2.44 Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, Washington
2.45 Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA
2.47 Eric Rowe, CB, Utah
2.51 Nate Orchard, DE, Utah
2.64 Jordan Richards, S, Stanford

SEC Defense:
1.3 Dante Fowler, DE, Florida
1.22 Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
2.33 Landon Collins, S, Alabama
2.38 Preston Smith, DE, Miss State
2.42 Jalen Collins, S, LSU
2.43 Bernardrick McKinney, ILB, Miss State
2.56 Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss
2.58 Markus Golden, DE Missouri

18-15 in favor of the SEC, not as much of an advantage as you might think.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this saying that SEC teams play too many cupcake offenses in their first few games? Or is this saying the SEC plays offensive cupcakes ALL SEASON LONG during conference play?

:dhd:

BAMA played 6 teams from their own conference last year in the top 20, 3 in the top 10 - so yeah - definitely a cupcake schedule my man.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAMA played 6 teams from their own conference last year in the top 20, 3 in the top 10 - so yeah - definitely a cupcake schedule my man.
Come on Junkie, you're better than this! :lol:

This is exactly what I mean about the SEC being overrated!

(I'm not saying they are not a great conference, just not as good as they are customarily rated week in and week out)

You are counting Bama as playing 6 top 20 teams when in fact 4 of the 6 were simply overrated once the season was all said and done.

FBS College Football Rankings - Associated Press | NCAA.com

You know that final rankings are really the only ones that actualy count, and to state otherwise means you are just drinking the SEC Kool-Aid the East Coast bias is selling week in and week out. :kermit:

Bama played just 1 top 10 ranked SEC team last year, Ole Miss. The Rebels barely made the cut, #10. The Tide lost that game and their SEC juggernaut defense gave up 43 points at home! :dhd:

The only other SEC team Bama played, that made the top 20, was LSU. (#16)

So the Tide went .500 (1-1) in their conference vs SEC top 20 teams. :clap:

FWIW Dept.
- Me Un-Ranked Bruins went .500 (1-1) in their Conference vs PAC top 20 teams! (No.3 Stanford & No.17 Utah) And we would have played 3 but this was the first year the Bruins skipped Oregon (No. 19) since the PAC12's existence. (Since 2011)

- The SEC and PAC had the same amount of teams in the top 20. (3)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Junkie, you're better than this! :lol:

This is exactly what I mean about the SEC being overrated!

(I'm not saying they are not a great conference, just not as good as they are customarily rated week in and week out)

You are counting Bama as playing 6 top 20 teams when in fact 4 of the 6 were simply overrated once the season was all said and done.

FBS College Football Rankings - Associated Press | NCAA.com

You know that final rankings are really the only ones that actualy count, and to state otherwise means you are just drinking the SEC Kool-Aid the East Coast bias is selling week in and week out. :kermit:

Bama played just 1 top 10 ranked SEC team last year, Ole Miss. The Rebels barely made the cut, #10. The Tide lost that game and their SEC juggernaut defense gave up 43 points at home! :dhd:

The only other SEC team Bama played, that made the top 20, was LSU. (#16)

So the Tide went .500 (1-1) in their conference vs SEC top 20 teams. :clap:

FWIW Dept.
- Me Un-Ranked Bruins went .500 (1-1) in their Conference vs PAC top 20 teams! (No.3 Stanford & No.17 Utah) And we would have played 3 but this was the first year the Bruins skipped Oregon (No. 19) since the PAC12's existence. (Since 2011)

- The SEC and PAC had the same amount of teams in the top 20. (3)

So you pay attention to final rankings but not the final rankings of total defense or the final outcome? :L:L Seems you like the "rankings" or "your stats" that paint a pretty picture for the Pac 12, but you disregard anything else. If you really think the SEC is over-rated why has the SEC owned the BCS since it's inception? Maybe the final "rankings" are tougher on the SEC West because they beat the hell out of each other? The SEC West is the best conference top to bottom in the NCAA right? SO in the W/L column, a few teams are going to be behind - there's no cupcake teams for an easy W.

Here is the final outcome of the SEC West. Please show me how the Pac 12 can hold a candle to the SEC conference? This is a perfect example of how good this conference is. All but 1 team with a winning conference record and every team with an overall record above .500.

BAMA 7-1 conf / 14-1 overall
Ole Miss 6-2 / 10-3
Arkansas 5-3 / 8-5
LSU 5-3 / 9-3
A&M 4-4 / 8-5
Miss St 4-4 / 9-4
Auburn 2-6 / 7-6

Did the Pac 12 even have a team in the playoff last year? No so that tells me the committee even thinks the Pac 12 was weak last year.

I think you're going a bit full blown homer Vita. I'm ACC guy, but i'm not going to spin stats to make the ACC look better than the SEC and i would NEVER say the SEC is over-rated. I look at the Pac 12's 3rd place teams like Washington St and UCLA and laugh. They would be behind Auburn in last place in the SEC West. Didn't Nebraska beat UCLA last year? :L

Last edited: