• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wembanyama conspiracy thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK now that we see which teams are going to get the most figurative ping pong balls, let's say the NBA straight up decides where Wem goes...who would they want to land him?

Underappreciated angle: PORTLAND...reward Dame for the loyalty, fire up a small market

Or maybe DETROIT, add him to Cade and the other promising kids...just need a vet then (Draymond?)

Don't really see who else they'd prefer story line wise

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers. Because we've never had the #1 pick.
But why would Adam and the NBAnts go that route? The story isn't as good as other places, might as well go Orlando.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK now that we see which teams are going to get the most figurative ping pong balls, let's say the NBA straight up decides where Wem goes...who would they want to land him?

Underappreciated angle: PORTLAND...reward Dame for the loyalty, fire up a small market

Or maybe DETROIT, add him to Cade and the other promising kids...just need a vet then (Draymond?)

Not sure what I’d do if we win the lotto and get Draymond.

I’m not even prepared for that kind of awesomeness in my life.

For the most part they’re already younger than most of the teams left in the tourney. And have guys who run hot and will throw hands. Draymond would need to sign off on becoming an old man, but I don’t think that’d be an issue. He’s been playing county league style since he was in HS.

Myles Bridges can play somewhere else.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why would Adam and the NBAnts go that route? The story isn't as good as other places, might as well go Orlando.
Orlando is a spot that’d make conspiracy sense.

You could build for Euro interest.

And a they’d have a ton of long young talent with him, Banchero and Wagner.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers, because that rat faced pea brained piece of shit owes us

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here’s my pecking order for who the NBA would rig it for:
1. A top 5-10 market that has been down and needs a star injection to get fans to come back and restore relevance to that market. - I don’t think any apply here among those who will be in the lottery.
2. A smaller market team that could be deemed pretty close but getting this piece would put them on a fast track to being a franchise that keep the homegrown on board and be a competitor to push the big markets. -I think this applies to OKC

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s my pecking order for who the NBA would rig it for:
1. A top 5-10 market that has been down and needs a star injection to get fans to come back and restore relevance to that market. - I don’t think any apply here among those who will be in the lottery.
2. A smaller market team that could be deemed pretty close but getting this piece would put them on a fast track to being a franchise that keep the homegrown on board and be a competitor to push the big markets. -I think this applies to OKC
OKC a good call but they might not even be a lottery team...your logic applies to Portland and Detroit too IMO

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC a good call but they might not even be a lottery team...your logic applies to Portland and Detroit too IMO
I guess you’re right. I’d say more so applicable from Detroit. Selfishly, I’d love for Silver to rig the game for the Pistons so I could stay on my bully pulpit with the Sixers still being the only example in NBA history where they stepped in and punished a franchise for tanking just as the Pistons are doing now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio Spurs so they could be just like Tim Duncan. I know that some people feel that they didn’t tank for Duncan and one of the reasons why people say they did not tank is because they did not have the worst record in the league. They had the third worst record and won the lottery because the expansion team agreed not to be eligible and the second worst record team did not have the luck to win it. Still, maybe the Spurs repeat history and have the third or fourth worst record, but win the lottery?

Yes, they tanked for Duncan: How Tanking Changed 3 NBA Franchises Forever - Wolfgang Sport

No, they didn’t, or got rewarded after a bad effort to tank: The Myth of the Tanking Spurs - Box Score Geeks Articles

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other ideas if they fell into the lottery: Chicago (refresh a once important franchise), Toronto (lotta Frenchies in Canada)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you’re right. I’d say more so applicable from Detroit. Selfishly, I’d love for Silver to rig the game for the Pistons so I could stay on my bully pulpit with the Sixers still being the only example in NBA history where they stepped in and punished a franchise for tanking just as the Pistons are doing now.

The league punishing Philly was ridiculous and should have never happened.

That being said, Detroit is like on half of what Philly was in terms of the tank when the commish stepped in.

Say they get pick 3 and still find a reason to sit their best players?

Then do it again in 2025?

You might have a comparable case at that point.

The shitty thing for Philly is that they were simply rebuilding smartly.

The picks they made in the first couple years of the tank weren’t players they wanted to build around. So they correctly moved on and got assets back.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you do love your airing of grievances

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio Spurs so they could be just like Tim Duncan. I know that some people feel that they didn’t tank for Duncan and one of the reasons why people say they did not tank is because they did not have the worst record in the league. They had the third worst record and won the lottery because the expansion team agreed not to be eligible and the second worst record team did not have the luck to win it. Still, maybe the Spurs repeat history and have the third or fourth worst record, but win the lottery?

Yes, they tanked for Duncan: How Tanking Changed 3 NBA Franchises Forever - Wolfgang Sport

No, they didn’t, or got rewarded after a bad effort to tank: The Myth of the Tanking Spurs - Box Score Geeks Articles
But does the league want them to get Wem? SA is so meh as a story or a market.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But does the league want them to get Wem? SA is so meh as a story or a market.

The wildcard is Popovich and whether a small market team being successful has benefits for other small town markets. Sure big town markets make a lot more, but if many small markets increase (due to one defying the odds) does that help the league?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well maybe the spurs will lie about a star player retiring or threaten to leave sa so the league will give them a franchise altering player

That’s never happened before…

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They 100% tanked

The liar on the bottom should get bent over with a broomstick…covered in glass shards…

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They 100% tanked

The liar on the bottom should get bent over with a broomstick…covered in glass shards…
It's just sports bro, from 35 years ago. Relax.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe the spurs will lie about a star player retiring or threaten to leave sa so the league will give them a franchise altering player

That’s never happened before…
Yes I get it. Not the point of the thread. Who do you think the NBA would hand Wem to if they flat out did that?

I think Portland or Detroit among current lottery teams. Toronto if they were one.