• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which lottery team would be the most dangerous getting Ben Simmons?

Which team would be the most dangerous getting Ben Simmons?

• Minnesota Timberwolves

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Phoenix Suns

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • New Orleans Pelicans

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • LA Lakers

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Portland Trailblazers

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota Timberwolves?
- Karl Anthony-Towns, Andrew Wiggins, Ricky Rubio
- If they add some solid free agents in the off season on top of Ben Simmons they will be an up and coming team in the West

Phoenix Suns?
- Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Devin Booker
- Suns have a good amount f quality players on their team, but getting a big potential Superstar like Simmons would give them a realistic chance to contend

New Orleans Pelicans?
- Anthony Davis, Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday, Eric Gordon
- Pairing 6'10 Ben Simmons with 6'10 Anthony Davis would be a dream pair up. Both players are athletic and agile and can defend the rim and pick and rolls. Simmons is unselfish and a good play maker, he'd be able to set up Anthony Davis when he isn't looking for his own shot.

LA Lakers?
- Deangelo Russell, Free Agents? LA Allure?
- The NBA needs Ben Simmons to go to LA. Last place I'd want to see him. But he'd be the cornerstone of the franchise and immediately give big name free agents a reason to sign with LA. Talent wise LA isn't as stocked as some of the other lottery teams, but they have a lot of cap to play with.

Portland Trailblazers?
- Damian Lillard, CJ Mccollum, Cap Space
- Blazers would have to lose a lot more games or get lucky with the ping pong balls to get Simmons, but if it worked out and they were able to pair Lillard (who has proven that he can be clutch) with Simmons along with Mccollum they'd be back in the playoffs

Celtics, Sixers, and Nuggets also have a chance at Simmons but I'm not a huge fan of the talent those teams have compared to the ones listed above.

Which team do you guys think would be the most dangerous getting Ben Simmons?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Celtics.

I think a lineup of Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Simmons and *insert one of their 24 big men here*

with Smart, Turner, and those bigs all off the bench would be real solid. They already have a somewhat winning culture going on with Stevens coaching them well. With them owning the Nets pick they have a real shot at landing him.

Sixers get Saric next year, so if they landed Simmons they'd basically have the top two favorites for ROY, as Saric would likely be the 2nd or 3rd pick if he was in this year's draft and not a draft and stash prospect like he was last year. You add that to Okafor, Noel, Smith, etc. and they'll be on the upswing.

Suns could use him, but I think one of the two PG's will be dealt before draft day and I doubt they get the #1 pick because they've never gotten it in their franchise history, just cursed. I'd like Kris Dunn or Brandon Ingram if we don't get the first pick. Dunn would be contingent on us dealing a PG or two.

Wolves and Pelicans would be scary as you add Simmons to Davis and or KAT.

Lakers would also love to land him I'm sure, but Ingram might actually be a better fit for them if they want to develop Russell and Clarkson properly since Simmons needs to dominate the ball to be effective.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers would also love to land him I'm sure, but Ingram might actually be a better fit for them if they want to develop Russell and Clarkson properly since Simmons needs to dominate the ball to be effective.

I agree. Obviously, if they have the #1 pick, they kind of have to take Simmons, otherwise they risk becoming the team that passed on MJ. But it wouldn't break my heart if they ended up with Ingram at #2. I think he'd make for a very good consolation prize.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 5 teams listed in the poll, I'd say the Blazers. Lillard and CJ have the Blazers near the playoffs mostly by themselves, adding Simmons would give them a great core 3 to build around.

Although I think the Celtics would be the more dangerous team if they got him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put him on the Timberpups and they'd be ready to rumble.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lakers? :hope:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

:hellno:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Lakers making a quick turnaround.

The NBA is more exciting when the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics are good.

My Clippers clearly can't carry the LA mantle. :tsk:

Even if you don't get the #1 pick, you have $60 mil plus in capspace.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers with Randle, Russell, Clarkson(if resigned) and Simmons would be a very good young team to start with.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I think about it I switch to the Pelicans. Simmons + The Brow would create so many mismatches. That 1-2 punch would give them two stars… surround them with shooters and they're dangerous.

They're winning too much lately though to be considered in the sweepstakes for BS.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Portland. But if he goes to New Orleans, oh boy that would be a stacked roster.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are of course assuming that the Lakers get to keep their draft pick which is top three protected, so it they are definitely in the top three as of right now and here is hoping they don't drop to four

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWolves or N.O. add Simmons to either KAT or AD, give it a year to marinate, and look out

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans. It's not even close. Simmons with Davis is just brutal. That's two Top 5 players on your team for the next decade

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a homer but I think easily the Timberwolves, KAT, Simmons and Wiggins. The only problem would be keeping them together.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a homer but I think easily the Timberwolves, KAT, Simmons and Wiggins. The only problem would be keeping them together.

You're not coming off as a homer at all. Every team on the list can make a case that their team would be the most dangerous with adding Simmons.

The Lakers have a couple of young guys in Randle and Russell who are projected to be very good. Add Simmons to that and the huge amount of cap space they will have and you have the potential for a very dangerous team right away.

From a talent perspective, Minny looks to be very good going forward and the addition of Simmons would just make them more dangerous faster.

The Suns have had trouble figuring out which way they want to go with their team. Simmons would give them an obvious piece to build around.

All of the potential lottery teams have some version of those 3 scenarios. That's what makes this such a good question.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

The NBA is more exciting when the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics are good.

Only for Lakers, Knicks and Celtics fans. :nod: