• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weird Redskins stat/fact I read today

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading a fluff piece on ESPN about betting the win totals for all NFL teams today. When it got to the Redskins it stated they are currently only favored in 2 games all years. Week 4 home vs Cleveland and week 6 home vs Philly. That's it. Skins will be considered dogs in 14 other games. I know things will chang during the course of the season, but at face value, that stat is pretty crazy.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how we can only be favored in those after winning the division and having the best draft in the division while picking up the best player in free agency without losing a single contributor.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those will be two of the games we lose... bank it. We'll beat teams we shouldn't and lose to the teams we should. It's what we do.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those will be two of the games we lose... bank it. We'll beat teams we shouldn't and lose to the teams we should. It's what we do.

Not so sure about that. I truly believe that this is now a completely different organization than at any time since Snyder bought the team. As they say "This ain't your father's Redskins".

With the exception of the 1st Cowboys game and maybe the opener vs. the Dolphins the Redskins lost to teams that should have beaten them (all considered playoff teams when they played them & I believe all favored in those games) & beat teams where they were either favored or were a slight underdog. I really believe that you will see more of this moving forward as they acquire more talent and continue to develop a mindset that makes every player truly believe in the team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the schedule looks brutal.

Yep but it also should also provide fans at FedEx with one of the most entertaining schedules ever. I view this simply as the next test for the Redskins. Either they handle it & have a decent record, or they realize that more rebuilding is needed. I am good if either happens since it appears that they have a solid blueprint for the future.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying I want a soft schedule but a middle of the road one that could lead to another division crown would go a long way towards developing the confidence of the team. Winning breeds winning and losing breeds losing. We've seen it here for years. Team is 1-3 and gets behind 21-7 in the second quarter and they simply give up on the game and the season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the schedule looks brutal.

The first 8 games look pretty good. The only tough teams are Pitt and Cincy. The schedule gets hard after the bye. I am just hoping we go 6-2 at the break.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the schedule looks like today and what it looks like on Oct. 1 or Nov. 1 can be completely different things. No sense in worrying about it, it is a moving target as the year progresses.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you cant beat the teams in front of you then why think about a division crown ? to be the best you have to beat the best as the old philosopher ric flair says

so cal is right either we will beat the teams or we will find out we have more work to do , either way i am fine with it because we finally have a plan in place

i think we overachieved last year to some extent (not that i am crying about that ) so this year will be a truer guage . we have some good parts in place so lets see where the chips fall

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just for kicks, since there is no way to know how a season shakes out, but based on what I see right now.

Pittsburg......Loss

Dallas**.......Loss (More on this later)

@NYG..........Win

Browns........Pick 'em ( Gonna lose to a team that they should beat, so either this one or)

@Baltimore..Loss

Philly...........(See Cleveland comment)

Detroit.........Win

@Cincy........Loss

Minnesota....Loss

Green Bay....Loss

@Dallas.......Win (**Annual split, food tastes better with this one)

@Arizona.....Loss

@Philly........(will split with these guys, or sweep them if Cleveland beats us)

Carolina.......Loss

@Chicago.....Win

NYG.............Loss (Mostly splitting the division)

Totals......(RIGHT NOW) 6-10

Long way to go before the season starts though...so MEH!!!