• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but they finished as one of the worst Olines in the league last year and now lost their best player for the year. You can't call a late round draft pick a upgrade, you can hope tho. Me I think Lacey is the wild card in the Div. If he plays solid then ????

Bulaga spent the last seven games of last season on IR, too. The Packers have all the starters from the end of last year on the roster, except one (Newhouse) is on the bench. Bakhtiari will likely not be as good as Newhouse to start the season, but he has a much higher ceiling, and that's why he is the starter. There will likely be growing pains, but he has been a quick study so far, and I'm sure McCarthy will give him TE help if/when he needs it.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucked no, but not the dominate group of years past.

Well after 2011, I don't see how they could have followed that up. That was an offensive season for the ages. But if Arodg still getting 4500 yards, 38 TDs, 9 picks and over 100 rating all with his two top WRs missing significant time to injury is a "down year", I will take that year after year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing I think we can all agree on, it's good to have such a great rivalry. I don't get up for Viking or Lion games like I do for Bears/Packer games. We don't play until week 9 and I'm already thinking about our game. I never miss a play in a Bears game and then I look for the Packer game to watch. Keep your friends close and keep your enemy's closer. lol. Good luck this year until we meet.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F the Packer fans that came here to dis you noon. I love your style. I've been watching the Bears for 50+ seasons. Just think reality is setting in w/ our foes. The intelligent 1s know a butt kicking is in the making. A Bears O to go along w/ D & STs. Is too much for them to handle.

I like our chances week 9 . We might be resting players for the next meet.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I thought they would be better. Then they had a rash of injuries and lost a whole mess of one score games (9 of their 12 losses). I was wrong, because I thought they would win more. But they sure don't suck. We beat them by a total of 8 points over 2 games.

The Lions have the best O and D lines in the conference. Their WRs are supposedly healthy finally, and they actually have (on paper) a decent secondary for the first time in about a decade. Their core high draft picks are coming into their prime years.

Go ahead, discount them. I'm not. I hope they lose. But I'm not banking on it.

You and I had a similar discussion last year, I believe.

We beat them by a total of 8 points, because by the end of last season... we kind of sucked too. Earlier in the season, we completely decimated their offense and almost shut them out. We also skated through a pretty easy schedule early on. I don't consider the 2012 Bears to be a good team to have two losses to on your resume.

It's been the same old story with this team for years. "Their passing game is great!" "Their D-line is the best in the league"... etc... I said this last year, and I was right. They won 5 games.

They're always supposed to be good, and they fall on their faces. Even the year they won 10 games, they were handed most of those games on a silver platter. Notably the first four games. They then proceeded to give up 50 plus points in their playoff loss. They easily had the worst defense in football.

Their secondary is still awful, and they haven't had a running game in years. We'll see how Bush does, I think he's a great fit in their style of offense, but I don't think he's the guy they can depend on every down.

They're a losing organization, with a loser dope of head coach, and they're not going anywhere until they get rid of him. They'll score points and look good versus some bad teams early on in the season. Then, like they do every single season. The latter half will be a disaster.

Same old story, same old song and dance. Smell ya, Schwartz.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I had a similar discussion last year, I believe.

Ya me and Cali also had said conversation. Must be the Cub fan in him, the Lions are the Cubs of football after all. :suds:

Det has giant holes on both sides of the ball. I see 4 to 6 wins for them.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Lambeau, don't be stupid. You are talking to a fanbase with a long history of trying to talk itself into reasons why it's O Line won't suck. You think we haven't seen your kind of denial before? Haha. Not cutting it.

Face it dude. You are in for a long season of crappy blocking. My sympathies.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lambeau, don't be stupid. You are talking to a fanbase with a long history of trying to talk itself into reasons why it's O Line won't suck. You think we haven't seen your kind of denial before? Haha. Not cutting it.

:lol:

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well... we pretty much had a season of crappy blocking last season as well... right now I am hoping it is a little less crappy and Rodgers does not get hurt.

Rodgers can make up for a lot of deficiencies with the offense... here is hoping Lacy can do that as well a bit with all the defensive attention on Rodgers first and maybe OL does look better this year.

Packers will find out soon enough with 49ers next Sunday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers will be a good test, we are getting a good test also in our first game. Cincy.