• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man o man am I looking forward to seeing GB this year. Revenge is best served cold and that will be week 9 & 16. It's our turn to put a run together of wins over GB. The match up has changed and is now in our favor big time. We can stick it to them on both sides of the ball now. I just can't wait.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Noon. i might try to get to get tickets for the game up there this year

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Noon. i might try to get to get tickets for the game up there this year

It's gonna be a sad sad day for them. Not sure I would wanna be there. I will enjoy it from home tho. Our O will score all over them and our Dline will demolish their Oline.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
I'd love to see our BEARS Hulk-Smash the pukers too, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
I'd love to see our BEARS Hulk-Smash the pukers too, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

We can score now and GB's Oline is worse then ever. I think we match up great with them now. I look forward to all Bear Packer games.

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but the Packers D has me worried. Jones is going to be a big factor by game 9. Of course there is Matthew and Perry who didn't shine last year but with Jones on the opposite Perry might improve dramatically. But then by game 9 our O-line should have jelled nicely. Yes GB's O-line will not be good (speculation) which should be fun for Peppers and company. The odds are looking up for us but I am still going to be nervous on that game 9.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can analyze the matchups all we want, but the game will likely be determined by what goes on between Cutler's ears. Our defense has shown they are pretty damn good at containing Green Bay, but it doesn't matter if you have a turnover fest.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can analyze the matchups all we want, but the game will likely be determined by what goes on between Cutler's ears. Our defense has shown they are pretty damn good at containing Green Bay, but it doesn't matter if you have a turnover fest.

If given time Cutler will shred that def. I'm not worried about Cutler as long as he is not being hit before he can even drop. GBs def still has no pass rush it seems.

C

cubzzzfanincali

so much for people not over-reading the preseason....we beat Oakland in the preseason and now we are going to just roll over the Packers. Oh boy...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much for people not over-reading the preseason....we beat Oakland in the preseason and now we are going to just roll over the Packers. Oh boy...

Not sure what beating Oakland has to do with it but yes were gonna roll over a lot of teams. This was a good team that got better. GB got worse. This team looks sharp and it has nothing to do with any preseason game.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure the Packers got worse? Despite what you think you saw in the Seattle game, the Packers running game is notably better than it was last year. The offensive line, at worse, should be equal to what it was at the end of last year when Bulaga was put on IR. The addition of Datone Jones, a healthy Nick Perry and Johnny Jolly looking like he hasn't missed a beat makes the defense look better than their #11 ranking from last year.

Trust me, I'm not a complete homer. I fully expect the Bears to be the Packers primary competition this year despite where the Vikings finished last year. I just want to hear why you think what you think, rather than you just saying it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure the Packers got worse? Despite what you think you saw in the Seattle game, the Packers running game is notably better than it was last year. The offensive line, at worse, should be equal to what it was at the end of last year when Bulaga was put on IR. The addition of Datone Jones, a healthy Nick Perry and Johnny Jolly looking like he hasn't missed a beat makes the defense look better than their #11 ranking from last year.

Trust me, I'm not a complete homer. I fully expect the Bears to be the Packers primary competition this year despite where the Vikings finished last year. I just want to hear why you think what you think, rather than you just saying it.

GB looks a little worse each year from the SB until now. The 11th ranked def??? that is just a silly stat from playing with the lead and facing low powered offenses within the div. Every good offense you faced demolished your def. Currently your Oline looks worse then ever, I like Lacey but without blocking he will fail. You still have no pass rush outside one guy, your backfield does not have but one good player. The NFL knows your offensive game plan nowadays and knows how to slow it down. I truly believe GB will finish 3thrd in our div this year. Outside QB I think you have the 4th best team in our Div. Meanwhile Chi & MN have gotten better.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB looks a little worse each year from the SB until now. The 11th ranked def??? that is just a silly stat from playing with the lead and facing low powered offenses within the div. Every good offense you faced demolished your def. Currently your Oline looks worse then ever, I like Lacey but without blocking he will fail. You still have no pass rush outside one guy, your backfield does not have but one good player. The NFL knows your offensive game plan nowadays and knows how to slow it down. I truly believe GB will finish 3thrd in our div this year. Outside QB I think you have the 4th best team in our Div. Meanwhile Chi & MN have gotten better.

Low powered offenses? The Packers face Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson twice each season. Despite being the black and blue division, I don't regard the NFC North as being "offense deficient".

The O-Line may "look worse", but Rodgers has only been sacked once in the preseason and Lacy did not have a single negative rushing play with the starters in against the Seahawks,

Pass rush? The Packers got to Russell Wilson four times, with one sack being negated because the Packers chose to accept a holding penalty. Last I checked, Cutler isn't as mobile as Wilson.

As for the Bears, Cutler has looked good for a three game stretch almost every year, but he hasn't been able to maintain it. I have never questioned Cutler's talent, but I have always questioned his ability to maintain it over the course of a season. That does not change going into this season.

Cutler has also gone on record as saying half the locker room is not on board with Trestman yet. If this is true, the Bears are going nowhere this year. If it's false, Cutler looks like he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the Bears as a team and, once again, they are likely to go nowhere.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low powered offenses? The Packers face Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson twice each season. Despite being the black and blue division, I don't regard the NFC North as being "offense deficient".

The O-Line may "look worse", but Rodgers has only been sacked once in the preseason and Lacy did not have a single negative rushing play with the starters in against the Seahawks,

Pass rush? The Packers got to Russell Wilson four times, with one sack being negated because the Packers chose to accept a holding penalty. Last I checked, Cutler isn't as mobile as Wilson.

As for the Bears, Cutler has looked good for a three game stretch almost every year, but he hasn't been able to maintain it. I have never questioned Cutler's talent, but I have always questioned his ability to maintain it over the course of a season. That does not change going into this season.

Cutler has also gone on record as saying half the locker room is not on board with Trestman yet. If this is true, the Bears are going nowhere this year. If it's false, Cutler looks like he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the Bears as a team and, once again, they are likely to go nowhere.

Cutler was talking about the new system and not everyone on board yet, that is because it is a complicated system that takes time to learn. Cutler has blocking this year and 5 good WRs, plus a good TE and 3 good RBs coupled with a offensive coach. This will be a new ( Cutler ) and a huge incentive of it being a contract year for him. Think of last years Bears but with a real offense. Bears improved greatly both in talent and in coaching. Now I have been wrong plenty of times but I see a down year for GB. I do believe Lacey could have made the difference but not without better blocking and I don't see that, I see worse blocking. Again I have been wrong before but this is how I see it.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Noon, for goodness sake. It is a well known statistical fact that performance in be NFL preseason has absolutely no correlation to regular season outcome. None. Zilch. Nada. It never has. Quit overreacting. Even first team play in the preseason means absolutely nothing. You'd be better off flipping a coin than basing how a team is going to do in the regular season based on preseason.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon: Your bigger homer than myself. :lol:
But I like our chances vs GB as well. Love what T-man is doing w/ our O.
Love his play calling, love how likes to protect the QB.
But it'll come down to how the O-Line plays. They've looked good preseason, but they haven't gone against anyone special.
Ciny will be a good test week 1.
Also T-man will have an extra week to game plan for GB. Which gives me added confidence.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon, for goodness sake. It is a well known statistical fact that performance in be NFL preseason has absolutely no correlation to regular season outcome. None. Zilch. Nada. It never has. Quit overreacting. Even first team play in the preseason means absolutely nothing. You'd be better off flipping a coin than basing how a team is going to do in the regular season based on preseason.

What I'm excited about is the talent on the field and the play calling. I have not paid any attention to the practice games played. Only a fool would base anything on preseason. I have not. I'm excited about the team and see us doing far better then what anyone else see,s. And none zero nada of that is based on preseason games.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Also T-man will have an extra week to game plan for GB. Which gives me added confidence.

This I agree with. We have a super luxurious schedule after the Thursday nighter....ten days, then Washington, then 2 weeks plus a day for MNF....that scheduling is a gift.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: Going off of vanilla playcalling, lots of guys playing significant time they won't see in the season,
and defenses playing as straight as possible without showing much, then sure the Packers don't look great. But by that logic, the Browns should be a force this year:laugh3:

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm excited about is the talent on the field and the play calling. I have not paid any attention to the practice games played. Only a fool would base anything on preseason. I have not. I'm excited about the team and see us doing far better then what anyone else see,s. And none zero nada of that is based on preseason games.

That makes no sense. If you're not basing anything off the preseason, how can you judge that either team is better or worse? Some additions and subtractions and a new coach suddenly make a team that has lost 9 of the last 10 in the series head and shoulders better over the other? I forgot, you are the biggest Bears homer on any board who blows the same smoke every year. You are completely basing this off of preseason, just man up and say it.

And sorry, I watched the first two Bears preseason games, and Cutler looks the same. Getting sacked, turning the ball over, and eye fucking Marshall up and down the field.

I think the Bears get one of the two this year and have been saying that all offseason. The law of averages is in their favor. I also agree that this is a two team race. Minnesota cannot ride AP to another ten wins this year, and after watching Ponder the last couple games in his limited time I would not be surprised at all if he is riding pine by the end of the year.