• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 Eagles @ Vikings

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELL, WELL, WELL. DALLAS LOST TO THE JETS, SO WERE STILL TIED FOR 1ST PLACE. :lol:

AT LEAST WE GOT GOBSMACKED BY A VERY GOOD TEAM, NOT THE WINLESS JETS!

FIFY.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn will probably get fired this year. Maybe dump Schwartz, and hire Quinn?

We need something. I can understand injuries come into play but no team has had all of their defensive backs play thing bad. They have been horrible since the beginning of last year.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat Dallas and all is well...lose next week and........

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the Eagles wide receivers stink.
If the defensive line doesn't get pressure on the QB, the CB's will always look as bad as they did yesterday.
It would help if they actually gave a crap in the beginning of games.
The Eagles played very poorly yesterday but the Cowboys should be VERY embarrassed losing to the Jets.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas got caught seeing that we lost and it also got caught looking ahead to next week. On top of it they lost Cooper early and it threw off their game plan. They did rebound well in the 2nd half and came within a 2 pt conversion of sending it into OT. Cooper may not be a go for our game which will help.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas got caught seeing that we lost and it also got caught looking ahead to next week. On top of it they lost Cooper early and it threw off their game plan. They did rebound well in the 2nd half and came within a 2 pt conversion of sending it into OT. Cooper may not be a go for our game which will help.
but Gallop and their TEs will carve us up. Zeke will be a receiving threat as well. I don't feel good about this game either. They are in a 3 game losing skid and until I see D Jackson back, I just think our offense will continue to struggle. And I don't even need to discuss the defense,lol.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat Dallas and all is well...lose next week and........

If we beat Dallas, it still doesn't the problems we have now. the consolation is that Dallas has lost 3 in a row.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys are going to eat this defense alive. Since the SB the Eagles have had one of the worst defenses in the NFL. You can only blame lack of talent for so long. When you keep running the same scheme knowing you do not have the personnel to do it.... then it becomes the coaches fault.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss falls on zach Brown, we beat packers 2 weeks ago, chill peeps.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting write up by Barnwell (scroll down).

Barnwell: Answering nine questions that could define the NFL season

Could explain well how there hasn’t been a Howie type move yet for an impact CB. Just a total sellers market at the moment.

I agree it is a buyers market and it is the reason I give Schwartz most of the blame for the defensive woes. The coaching staff has a lot of input in the players they we the Eagles get. Now ultimately I believe Doug decides the priority on what players are higher up on the board but we should have put more emphasis on the secondary and not the defensive line.

Some key points in the article:

"Diggs' 62-yard touchdown came against what looked like Quarters coverage, or Cover-4, on Douglas' side of the field. The Eagles dropped Douglas to the sticks and asked him to run with Diggs" - This is on Schwartz. He needs to know the weaknesses of his players and should have know that Douglas cannot run with Diggs

"with Douglas isolated on the backside of the formation after a play-fake against Diggs, the star receiver was already more than 3 yards past the overmatched cornerback by the time Cousins hit him for a 51-yard score." - Another problem with the Eagles corners is biting on play fakes. This happens way too often to our secondary.

"The Eagles are getting pressure, as they rank sixth in the NFL in pressure rate, but teams are picking apart Schwartz's defense when the rush doesn't get home." - Watching the games I can see that there is some pressure. The problem is that the secondary is getting beat before the rush can get there.

"Teams have thrown a league-high 60 passes against them within two seconds of their quarterback getting the football, and those passes have generated a passer rating of 102.4, the seventh-worst rate in the league." - This is just horrible. It does not matter how good your pass rush is if receivers can get open that fast.

Since the Superbowl (and the defense was torched then too) The Eagles have had one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The lack of pressure cannot be blamed if the points in this article is true. The problem is on the backside and you can't tell me that the corners are so horrible they cannot become serviceable if you have decent pass rush which it appears we have. Who is the secondary coach and why does he still have a job? And yes.... Jim Schwartz should be held ultimately responsible.

Reactions: Rey

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys are going to eat this defense alive. Since the SB the Eagles have had one of the worst defenses in the NFL. You can only blame lack of talent for so long. When you keep running the same scheme knowing you do not have the personnel to do it.... then it becomes the coaches fault.
:agree:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that people are ragging on the cowboys and can't recognize the jets are actually a respectable team with darnold at QB is just another LOL. the eagles only managed 17 points offensively against them.. so what the hell would we have done if darnold started?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it is a buyers market and it is the reason I give Schwartz most of the blame for the defensive woes. The coaching staff has a lot of input in the players they we the Eagles get. Now ultimately I believe Doug decides the priority on what players are higher up on the board but we should have put more emphasis on the secondary and not the defensive line.

"Diggs' 62-yard touchdown came against what looked like Quarters coverage, or Cover-4, on Douglas' side of the field. The Eagles dropped Douglas to the sticks and asked him to run with Diggs" - This is on Schwartz. He needs to know the weaknesses of his players and should have know that Douglas cannot run with Diggs

"with Douglas isolated on the backside of the formation after a play-fake against Diggs, the star receiver was already more than 3 yards past the overmatched cornerback by the time Cousins hit him for a 51-yard score." - Another problem with the Eagles corners is biting on play fakes. This happens way too often to our secondary.

"The Eagles are getting pressure, as they rank sixth in the NFL in pressure rate, but teams are picking apart Schwartz's defense when the rush doesn't get home." - Watching the games I can see that there is some pressure. The problem is that the secondary is getting beat before the rush can get there.

"Teams have thrown a league-high 60 passes against them within two seconds of their quarterback getting the football, and those passes have generated a passer rating of 102.4, the seventh-worst rate in the league." - This is just horrible. It does not matter how good your pass rush is if receivers can get open that fast.

Since the Superbowl (and the defense was torched then too) The Eagles have had one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The lack of pressure cannot be blamed if the points in this article is true. The problem is on the backside and you can't tell me that the corners are so horrible they cannot become serviceable if you have decent pass rush which it appears we have. Who is the secondary coach and why does he still have a job? And yes.... Jim Schwartz should be held ultimately responsible.

Imagine how bad we would all feel is we couldn't say "Since the Super Bowl....."

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Since the Superbowl (and the defense was torched then too) The Eagles have had one of the worst defenses in the NFL. "

12th in points allowed and 7th against the run last year, you stupid fuck. their secondary had absolutely no talent and dealt with injuries left and right. points per game given up..

falcons: 12
bucs: 27
colts: 16
titans: 26 (overtime)
vikings: 23
giants: 13
jags: 18
cowboys: 27
saints: 48
giants: 22
skins: 13
cowboys: 29 (overtime)
rams: 23
texans: 30
skins: 0

the only game they trashed out was the saints. even then, of course the offense didn't show up. first 3 possessions.. 7 plays.. two 3 and outs and a pick. and still.. STILL.. down 7-17 and had the ball at midfield with 4 minutes left in the 2nd. clutch carson got sacked, they punted and the game was over.

just like you ignore the fact the pats had the #1 passing attack in 2017. #2 in yards per game and points. they basically dumped high 20's, 30+ on teams all year, the eagles no exception. it's the pats, you laughable clown.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Since the Superbowl (and the defense was torched then too) The Eagles have had one of the worst defenses in the NFL. "

12th in points allowed and 7th against the run last year, you stupid fuck. their secondary had absolutely no talent and dealt with injuries left and right. points per game given up..

falcons: 12
bucs: 27
colts: 16
titans: 26 (overtime)
vikings: 23
giants: 13
jags: 18
cowboys: 27
saints: 48
giants: 22
skins: 13
cowboys: 29 (overtime)
rams: 23
texans: 30
skins: 0

the only game they trashed out was the saints. even then, of course the offense didn't show up. first 3 possessions.. 7 plays.. two 3 and outs and a pick. and still.. STILL.. down 7-17 and had the ball at midfield with 4 minutes left in the 2nd. clutch carson got sacked, they punted and the game was over.

just like you ignore the fact the pats had the #1 passing attack in 2017. #2 in yards per game and points. they basically dumped high 20's, 30+ on teams all year, the eagles no exception. it's the pats, you laughable clown.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You ignored the supporting evidence that supported everything I said.

The Eagles gave up 22 points per game that year. 3 points separated 12 from being 23rd. 3 points is not a huge difference. That is why you have to look at everything something you do not do.

The Eagles had the 30th ranked pass offense in the NFL that year.

You like to nitpick a couple little stats to make a point that is not supported by anything. The Eagles run defense numbers are skewed because they faced the fewest rushing attempts in the NFL last year. However they were one of the worst defenses in YPC in the NFL. Teams averaged 4.7 yards per rush. That is horrible.

The Eagles had the worst pass defense in the NFL. Yes I know the secondary was riddled with injuries and it is one of the reasons my opinion of Jim Schwartz is so harsh. A good coach will try to come up with a way to help his defensive deficiencies. He has not been able to. Any fucking idiot would know to double some of the teams best receivers to see if that would help. It is not like our safeties are horrible.

Now all is not bad with The Eagles have a pretty good Red Zone defense. They always have under Schwartz. Last year the NFL had the best red zone scoring defense in the NFL. Then again having the back of the end zone as the extra defender is always a good thing when the secondary is this bad. This year the Red Zone Defense is not so good. We have allowed 55% of the plays to be converted to TD.

The injury argument is an argument you do not get to use. It is a bullshit argument coming from you. You do not consider offensive arguments when complaining about Wentz. If you will not use it for the offense you can't use it for the defense. It makes your argument hypocritical and stupid.

The Eagles have a very good front 7. The article that was posted shows that they are getting pressure. The problem is that secondary allows people to get open way too soon. That all stems from Schwartz scheme of leaving his corners on an island. He needs to come up with a scheme that will help this team and he has not. To me joe blow average fan I would start doubling receives and rely on the front 7 to keep things contained. Easier said than done but when you keep running scheme that everyone has figured out and has learned how to beat it. As a coach if you are any good you will combat that.

I said Schwartz was bad last year and I was right. This year the defense is even worse than it was last year. Only further proving my point that teams have figured him out.

I have said all this shit before. Debunking your stupid ass argument. Try and come up with a new one please? OK Junior?

Last edited: