• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 Eagles @ Vikings

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is one silver lining with this loss is that they will accept how bad this secondary really is and go get a corner.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Yanks will win again tonight.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep waiting for that game where Wentz just comes out and dominates. 400 yards. 4 tds. Helps extend more drives to keep a marginal defense off field. And. Nah

Maybe next week

Again. Wentz. He’s good. He’s a plug in your roster for 10 years kinda QB. But whatever magic he had in his 2nd year before then injury just isn’t there anymore. He’s a nice front running QB. He won’t lose you games but he won’t exactly go out there and dominate either

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team does not get a shut down corner we are done. It is obvious that without talent Jim Schwartz is a below average DC. Even his ball washers will not be able to find a way to blame this loss on Wentz.

You’ve said this before....JS needs to have a (one) shut down corner. Where do you get this from?

I struggle to find us having any point under JS where we had a single CB that could be called shutdown.

That said I had the same thought. If there is going to be a move made for a CB it might just happen in the next two days.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep waiting for that game where Wentz just comes out and dominates. 400 yards. 4 tds. Helps extend more drives to keep a marginal defense off field. And. Nah

Maybe next week

Again. Wentz. He’s good. He’s a plug in your roster for 10 years kinda QB. But whatever magic he had in his 2nd year before then injury just isn’t there anymore. He’s a nice front running QB. He won’t lose you games but he won’t exactly go out there and dominate either

I disagree with your assessment but also can at least see where you are coming from. It is about expectations and you should never expect your QB to come out and have 400 yards passing and 4 TD's. He was very good today and the Vikings have a good defense.

Today you can't put the slow start on the Wentz. First Vikings came out and scored with a long drive on their first drive. That is 100% on the defense and the defensive game plan. The Eagles drive was a 3 and out with all rushing plays. The defense gets on the field and gives up another TD. The Eagles get the ball and have a decent drive that nets 3 points. The drive was 10 plays. The Vikings get back on the field and score again. After that I think the Vikings had 2 drive where it was one play deep ball drive. The defense was abysmal.

The Defense was horrible. Offensively we are getting off too slow and I put that on the coaching staff. His game plans early are just bad and easy to predict.

Now I am not saying Wentz is perfect because he not and we should not expect him to be. He played great today but he was not perfect. His performance should have been enough to win.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe next week

this is 1985 guy. 20 points on the road against a conference contender is totally enough to win!! wentz played so well, we should have blown them out.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the defense looked quite good a couple years ago without a shut down corner.

True but we had a great pass rush. We have just an ok pass rush now and the secondary is somehow worse.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ve said this before....JS needs to have a (one) shut down corner. Where do you get this from?

I struggle to find us having any point under JS where we had a single CB that could be called shutdown.

That said I had the same thought. If there is going to be a move made for a CB it might just happen in the next two days.

To clarify when I say a shutdown corner I mean a cornerback you can put on an island and not worry about him getting beaten all the time. With that said he does not need to be an All-Pro. Just a good corner who excels in man coverage.

During the Superbowl year the Defense was all about the front 7. The Eagles had arguably the best front 7 in the NFL that year and were eating QB's alive. That hid the deficiencies we had at cornerback. The Eagles were getting a lot of pressure on the CB. The front 7 did not pressure the QB last year or this year like we did during the SB year and it shows in the overall performance.

Jim Schwartz scheme has not changed but his personnel did and it is here we are we see his deficiencies as a coach. I think the loss of Hicks and Kendricks hurt more than we let on. This is not the same personnel that led the team to the SB.

Against the the Packers, Aikman mentioned the scheme Jim Schwartz likes to run and it is a 1 high safety defense and that normally leaves a CB on an island. He mentioned that teams see this and exploit it by focusing on the weak link in the secondary. The only way to combat this if you have a poor secondary is go get pressure in the QB. Schwartz likes to get pressure with the front 4 only and something I have been noticing is teams leaving an extra block to chip and that slows down our rush completely. This is a problem and Schwartz has yet to come up with something to help the secondary.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's quite a few issues with this team. Clearly our CB's stink ... Sid Jones has flat out been horrible, he brings nothing to the table. Douglas gets burned by anyone with speed. Darby's hurt and wasn't healthy when playing ... it's all been a disaster. On Offense there's no quickness nor deep threat ... it's all slow, plodding stuff where we seem to take the play clock down till the very end on what seems like every possession. We need at least one CB who isn't useless ... and that isn't going to happen this year. We desperately need DJax back on Offense and we have to draft a quick twitch slot type of receiver in the 2020 draft who can get open quickly underneath.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also. Run the ball. Pederson opened game with it. Saw it didn’t work 3 times then just said. Aight. Done with that

Amazes me how well Eagles play when it’s balanced But as soon as eagles got down 2 scores pederson gave up

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with the pass rush? They should have the talent there.

I think losing Kendricks and Hicks hurts more than the Eagles thought they would. The middle of the field is always open these days and it was not the case when they were both here.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this defensive coaching staff. The whole fucking bunch of them need to be fired. Then again this is probably all Wentz fault. WTF was I thinking he only completed almost 70% of his passes threw for 2 TD's and no picks. He is the reason the Eagles will lose this game.

Dan Quinn will probably get fired this year. Maybe dump Schwartz, and hire Quinn?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug made some bad play calls that hurt. This is not playground football!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Zach tell Cousin't nice game afterwards … I am asking for a friend. :noidea:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELL, WELL, WELL. DALLAS LOST TO THE JETS, SO WERE STILL TIED FOR 1ST PLACE. :lol:

AT LEAST WE LOST TO A VERY GOOD TEAM, NOT THE WINLESS JETS!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the defense played today we are still in this thing. Dem Boys got beat by the Jets.... ROTFLMAO