• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 LOL's

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia was just lumped into the East as a whole, sort of like how Wisconsin gets lumped into the of the West B1G.

I seriously have no idea how Georgia doesn't dominate the East every year? The only game I've watched Georgia from beginning to end this year was against ND. Last two games they have looked good from the scoreboard, but doesn't have to do with the quality of opponent or how bad the other teams were?
Fixed

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then nows the time. Injuries should make UF more manageable and you've got em at home.

It's always a neutral site game in Jacksonville against Florida, they don't come to Athens, we don't go to Gainesville. Closer drive for them, but it's a true 50-50 crowd.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the talent LSU has it seems almost impossible to get pushed around like that by Troy... guess it's time for a coaching change.

LSU needs an AD change. Ed fucking Orgeron has a buyout of like 12 million.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always a neutral site game in Jacksonville against Florida, they don't come to Athens, we don't go to Gainesville. Closer drive for them, but it's a true 50-50 crowd.

It's amazing how so many don't know shit about SEC football and comment. It's the biggest cocktail party on Earth for Chrissake!

Another thing people don't understand is Florida doesn't really give a shit except for beating Joja and the Semenholes...you know, the evil bastards.
Some judge by how many points we beat Vandy and other stupid shit that means nothing. Corch was just trying different looks to get ready for Jacksonville.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this isn't LOL worthy, it's cringe worthy and being kicked off the team worthy, but did yall see that Northern Illinois player intentionally eye gouge a San Diego State player at the bottom of a pile?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU needs an AD change. Ed fucking Orgeron has a buyout of like 12 million.

Agreed. Handing EO a contract like that was ridiculous... almost desperate and LSU shouldn't have to settle.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Setting up to be a pretty typical Sumlin season.......7, 8 wins

Might be enough to keep his job, which I'm pretty certain most of the fanbase will NOT be happy about
Actually 8 wins with a true freshmen at QB could probably save Sumlin's this season.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best SEC games this weekend - Eastern Michigan@Kentucky and Troy@LSU. What's more LOL than that?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how so many don't know shit about SEC football and comment. It's the biggest cocktail party on Earth for Chrissake!

Another thing people don't understand is Florida doesn't really give a shit except for beating Joja and the Semenholes...you know, the evil bastards.
Some judge by how many points we beat Vandy and other stupid shit that means nothing. Corch was just trying different looks to get ready for Jacksonville.

I flip through games and rarely watch the whole thing. I also don't dedicate my life to CFB, so I'm not going to remember things like that. But I do know that Georgia is rolling along right now and looks polished. I also know that you lost your QB. I'll be surprised if UGA drops a regular conference game.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should, we're a better team, but given how Florida has dominated the rivalry of late, it's mental barrier the team needs to get over.

Many times Georgia has gone into the game with better teams/more talented teams. They often come out of this game broken. There's such a gap between these 2 teams right now that another loss to the Gators would likely destroy this season. I'm really interested to see how this year's game turns out.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Setting up to be a pretty typical Sumlin season.......7, 8 wins

Might be enough to keep his job, which I'm pretty certain most of the fanbase will NOT be happy about
We're sitting nicely at 4-1 with a true fish QB and playing 18 true freshmen on both sides of the ball. This team has nowhere to go but up regardless of who is HC next year. There are two things they are doing well that they have struggled with the last few years and that running the ball and stopping the run. They have a young secondary that gets burned now and then but overall have improved every week.

Rest of the year we have Bama, Auburn, Miss State, and a scrub at home and Florida, ole Miss, LSU on the road. 8-4 is likely. 9-3 or better is possible especially if the team keeps improving and the 12th man shows up (according to people I know that went to the game, it was the loudest that Kyle has been since joining the SEC) with a home crowd like that we could have a punchers chance to upsetting one of those highly ranked SECW teams.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many times Georgia has gone into the game with better teams/more talented teams. They often come out of this game broken. There's such a gap between these 2 teams right now that another loss to the Gators would likely destroy this season. I'm really interested to see how this year's game turns out.

A loss to Florida and the season is over. There's not 2 other SEC games remaining that Florida can lose, so the Cocktail Party will determine who plays Bama in the SEC title game.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at UNA for coming off a D2 championship run, only to start the season at 1-3, with maybe two more wins in sight.

:ohwell: :pout: :bawling: :yield: :gaah:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As strange as it may sound, I actually think he's done a good job so far at South Carolina. Last year's team should have been a 3-9 team, but they went bowling, and will likely go against this season with a quality OOC win against NC State.

He's probably done as good as anyone would have there. But, watching that offense is the viewing equivalent of listening to nails on a chalkboard!

Deebo Samuel getting hurt really hurts their team. He was their biggest weapon of offense and in the return game. Dude was raking in TDs before he got hurt.

It's Sakerlina. They had a few good years under Spurrier, but they are back to what they have always been. I doubt they will ever be better than they were under Spurrier unless they join the AAC or some shit like that.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Sakerlina. They had a few good years under Spurrier, but they are back to what they have always been. I doubt they will ever be better than they were under Spurrier unless they join the AAC or some shit like that.

No doubt Spurrier had the program better than they had ever been, and that success will probably never be duplicated, but considering just what a bare cupboard Spurrier left at USCe, Muschamp has done better than expected.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muschamp will be gone in 2 or 3 years. Especially if we beat them this year @ their house and then again next year at our house and they suck ass for the next 2 years, like I expect, Carolina will run him off. He may be doing better than expected, but that's not going to be good enough.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at all of the Illinois fans on this board that thought Illinois would beat Nebraska.

BTW, there are ZERO Illinois fans on this board. There was one, but he and Sasqwuatch hang out together.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Spurrier had the program better than they had ever been, and that success will probably never be duplicated, but considering just what a bare cupboard Spurrier left at USCe, Muschamp has done better than expected.
Based on what? They haven't had a recruiting class outside of the top 25 since 2010. There's enough talent there, especially playing in the SEC East, for this team to win 8 games, no doubt.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? They haven't had a recruiting class outside of the top 25 since 2010. There's enough talent there, especially playing in the SEC East, for this team to win 8 games, no doubt.

Based on the on field results the final 2 seasons Spurrier was there.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss to Florida and the season is over. There's not 2 other SEC games remaining that Florida can lose, so the Cocktail Party will determine who plays Bama in the SEC title game.

So let me ask you. I've never been to the Cocktail Party but it doesn't seem like it's really a fair deal for Georgia. You said it's 50-50. Yea, Jacksonville is near the border but Jacksonville is a major city and the closest decent sized cities to it are Valdosta, Albany and Macon before you get to Atlanta halfway up the state. Gainseville is closer than all of them much less Athens. It just doesn't seem logical that Georgia would be able to feed that game like Florida would normally. And it never seems that way watching it on TV either. Now that could be because, no offense, Georgia is constantly underperforming so their crowd is less noisy. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it's 50-50. I think it would go a long way toward better outcomes against Florida if they played every other year in Athens. I also think it would serve both Florida and Georgia to play this game the last week of the season but that's another subject.