• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5: San Francisco

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I figured we’d see you tonight. I expect Star One will be here tomorrow as well
Was not here for Arizona or games against other mediocre teams. This was a game to see where we stand. We have a few more coming up. Dak regressed in this new system and defense not as stout as we thought. At least, I have been consistent.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a whole lot has changed over the past 3 years. The team has good games followed by bad games. Other than blowing it all up and starting over I don't know the answer.

It's the horrible luck losing Overshown and Diggs that have hurt the defense. Losing Diggs was huge.

Then yesterday Turpin with the huge play and then he gets hurt. SMFH.

The other issue I see is Dak has lost a little mobility and that was a big part of his game early in his career. The problem here is you got Dak getting to an age where he should be getting smarter with the football

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
countering your point the offense did nothing to help the defense, what did the defense do to help the offense? They lost the field position game just as badly. I’m not calling to replace Quinn, I’m just saying let’s be fair with our blame. We can’t always just blame Dak and the offense And yes the offense was poor, over matched, over powered and out smarted.
It certainly was a team loss. I also think the Niners are the best team in the NFL right now.. I said before the game you attack the weak link of that defense by going deep. They did not do that enough IMO. That front seven is a load and they defend the short passing game as well as any team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a whole lot has changed over the past 3 years. The team has good games followed by bad games. Other than blowing it all up and starting over I don't know the answer.

It's the horrible luck losing Overshown and Diggs that have hurt the defense. Losing Diggs was huge.

Then yesterday Turpin with the huge play and then he gets hurt. SMFH.

The other issue I see is Dak has lost a little mobility and that was a big part of his game early in his career. The problem here is you got Dak getting to an age where he should be getting smarter with the football
I think you really nailed it on Dak. The lack of mobility post injury has completely changed how teams defend him. They just pin their ears back and come get him, and the DB's sit om the short routes. Against a D like SF, I think he would have to risk injury and run a lot to open up throwing lanes and slow the pass rush

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just seems like giving a pass to the ones we like and blaming the ones we don’t. The defense was not good At all. The pass defense was horrible and the run defense wasn't much better. We have seen this team multiple times recently and have done nothing differently to change the outcome. They both bullied us and outsmarted us and our defense is supposed to be the strength of this team. Where was our great pass rush? When Hankins is your best pass rusher it’s a statement. Until Quinn realizes there are times we need 3 real LBs on the field we will have issues in certain games and it started with not bringing in a LB who can play the run the last two off seasons.

countering your point the offense did nothing to help the defense, what did the defense do to help the offense? They lost the field position game just as badly. I’m not calling to replace Quinn, I’m just saying let’s be fair with our blame. We can’t always just blame Dak and the offense And yes the offense was poor, over matched, over powered and out smarted.
It was 14-7 and like clock work, the defense can't make a stop when it is really really needed.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this has always been our disconnect. I don't give a rats ass about the salary.

lets spin it another way...least Dak isn't the worst $40m QB in football.
Mine too. I could care less about his salary. He is just not playing well when we really need him to in critical games.

Mat 49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine too. I could care less about his salary. He is just not playing well when we really need him to in critical games.
I agree 100%.
He tends to be great when he doesn't have to be.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time team loss last night . We were outclassed all over the field and out coached. Hard to eat 59 million on the QB alone next season but I would do it after last night. Dak is not the guy. McCarthy system does not look good when exposed to an opponent that is equally good at minimum and flat out way better overall. Quinn and company looked like HS JV vs SF. I will be surprised if they win against the Chargers this Sunday after the emotional letdown I can see coming.
Sorry guys but this was as embarrassing as the Texas Stadium ass licking way back.
Right now it looks like a new coaching staff is on the way but it’s early and they will give us hope b4 the season is over then kick us in the balls come playoff time if we are lucky enough to get in. Nothing to see here move along …..

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kicker is a nice story
Pretty sad when a 28 year old rookie kicker is the brightest spot after game 5. Back when the Cowboys chewed tobacco drank cold beers drove real pickup trucks & went Bass fishing and actually mattered we were talking about RB QB LB DE DT etc. I miss those days (sigh)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Cowboys ran 1 under center play action play all game. One.

Do we use motion to help Dak read the defense? He obviously needs help doing so. They said last night the 3 teams that use the most motion or pre snap shift in the NFL are KC, SF and Miami. That should tell us something. Maybe we need to let Schottenheimer take the reins on Offense. He is a huge play action guy so running it once last night shows how little involvement he has. McCarthy just isn’t a cerebral coach. It’s like every play and pattern are independent from the subsequent plays.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do we use motion to help Dak read the defense? He obviously needs help doing so. They said last night the 3 teams that use the most motion or pre snap shift in the NFL are KC, SF and Miami. That should tell us something. Maybe we need to let Schottenheimer take the reins on Offense. He is a huge play action guy so running it once last night shows how little involvement he has. McCarthy just isn’t a cerebral coach. It’s like every play and pattern are independent from the subsequent plays.
SF used motion over 80% of the time Sunday. Cowboys just over 30%. It's how SF identifies whether it's man or zone, double motion to see if they are man with zone on the back side...its how they get mismatches, putting Kittle or CMC outside, or Samuel in the backfield. It's a big reason they have guys running wide open and it's also why we have LB's and DB's sitting on routes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF used motion over 80% of the time Sunday. Cowboys just over 30%. It's how SF identifies whether it's man or zone, double motion to see if they are man with zone on the back side...its how they get mismatches, putting Kittle or CMC outside, or Samuel in the backfield. It's a big reason they have guys running wide open and it's also why we have LB's and DB's sitting on routes.
Agree, that's why I brought it up

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't we run a predictable offense with Garrett?? I don't know if it is Dak or Mcarth's system that is the main problem. I don't like the dumb 3rd down calls and the side passes to the back that gets stopped everytime. I was not a Moore fan, but his offense was more dynamic then this one. Something has to change if this continues at the Chargers.