• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 vs ATL

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Steelers rarely do what we expect this season I'm gonna predict a relatively for them low scoring defensive struggle, why not???

17-14 Pittsburgh.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steelers need to cut boz and sign this pitt kicker hit 54 yards and 55 yards at heinz in the rain

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt and Syracuse are currently tearing up the field.... Playing on a wet field. Take the under.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5 VS ATL Recap...finally a breather.

I'll start with coaching.

HC...4 of 5...maybe 3 presnap penalties, the 2 on Dupree (keep your hands away from the chin!) I think kept drives going iirc, but an overall clean game...all 3 phases for the most part played well.

OFC...4 of 5...aside from a couple of drives and the really risky endzone pick Ben threw, the OFC played well...I felt Connor would go north of 100 and I got that one right...overall the OL control the ATL front 7.

DEF...5 of 5...the most complete game I've seen this unit play. They most definitely did change and dialed up pressure all game...Watt just abused Schraeder. The DL also controlled the ATL OL...really the first time all season we've seen the DL/front 7 dominate a game...5 and 6 man pressure all game....with Schraeder getting beaten so badly, he was pre occupied with Watt and even when he didn't rush he was staying with him and the slot blitzer on his side was scot free all game. To state the obvious, the pressure absolutely made a difference...Fort played a helluva game..

ST...5 of 5...I can dismiss the missed XPT, with a blocked punt and 2 punts inside the 10 plus a bomb that shifted field position.

Hopefully a turning point game. ATL is just too beat up on DEF so I can't expect that to be the norm, but I was impressed with the DEF...ATL is mostly full strength on that side of the ball and to hold them to 17 was big imo. Next week in CIN will be a tough game...I do like their chances there if they have this kind of effort.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sorry, we need a new kicker, and a new punter

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5 VS ATL Recap...finally a breather.

I'll start with coaching.

HC...4 of 5...maybe 3 presnap penalties, the 2 on Dupree (keep your hands away from the chin!) I think kept drives going iirc, but an overall clean game...all 3 phases for the most part played well.

OFC...4 of 5...aside from a couple of drives and the really risky endzone pick Ben threw, the OFC played well...I felt Connor would go north of 100 and I got that one right...overall the OL control the ATL front 7.

DEF...5 of 5...the most complete game I've seen this unit play. They most definitely did change and dialed up pressure all game...Watt just abused Schraeder. The DL also controlled the ATL OL...really the first time all season we've seen the DL/front 7 dominate a game...5 and 6 man pressure all game....with Schraeder getting beaten so badly, he was pre occupied with Watt and even when he didn't rush he was staying with him and the slot blitzer on his side was scot free all game. To state the obvious, the pressure absolutely made a difference...Fort played a helluva game..

ST...5 of 5...I can dismiss the missed XPT, with a blocked punt and 2 punts inside the 10 plus a bomb that shifted field position.

Hopefully a turning point game. ATL is just too beat up on DEF so I can't expect that to be the norm, but I was impressed with the DEF...ATL is mostly full strength on that side of the ball and to hold them to 17 was big imo. Next week in CIN will be a tough game...I do like their chances there if they have this kind of effort.

Good writeup ATL!

Coaching... It appears Tomlin finally got through to his troops. Backs against the wall we knew something had to give. Tomlin's track record for "righting the ship" remains intact. For how long remains to be seen. Cleaning up the penalties was a great step forward. And not only that, I didn't see a playcalling card in Tomlin's hands today. Does that mean he finally let Butler do his job? Speaking of Butler, this game reminded me a lot of the first few years of Butler's defenses. Great blitz packages through 4 quarters. He didn't coach scared and it worked. The D rattled Ryan's cage and he never found rhythm with his formidable passing attack. Kudos to Butler's gameplan. Kudos to Fichtner as well. He made a statement early with forcing the ball down ATL's throat. I'd still like to see how he coaches in tougher situations. Not every defense is going to be as soft as ATL. Still a good confidence booster for the coaching staff... B

Offense... Finally they didn't stumble over themselves out the gate. Offensive line dominated early & often. Zero sacks allowed on Ben. Conner wasn't really challenged much but thats not a bad thing. The offense did what they were supposed to do against a terrible defense. They needed this confidence boost. Ben & AB are still trying to get their connection going, but they found some success. Hopefully that continues. B

Defense... DBs playing off the LOS and Butler making it rain blitzes. This is the recipe that works. If they don't have the playmakers to play more aggressively then I'm fine with this. They have realized that without pressure there is no defense. Helluva game by the front 7. Ryan rarely had a pocket and he was constantly under duress. Loved what I saw form LJ Fort. B+

ST... Finally a positive week for this phase. I'll choose to turn another blind eye at Boz's misfortunes. Rosie is the man. Berry is still blah, but he had a better game... B-

Overall/Outlook... The "feel-good" game they needed. Glad to see it wasn't a struggle dispatching a lesser team in their own house. Hopefully they build on this confidence boost. Much tougher test next week in a hostile environment against the division leader. They need to keep the foot firmly on the pedal. A big win against Cincy before going into the bye would be huge. HUGE!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk about that Roughing the Passer call on T.J? Was that some bullshit or no?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a total team win. Holy shit was that a fun game to watch. Great offensive effort, even though it's against one of the worst defenses. Ben looked great aside from the one pick. Conner blew it up, hopefully he keeps the momentum going. JuJu and AB, performed as they always do.

Great defensive effort as well, holding the Falcons to under 20 points is not an easy task. Falcons have only been held to under 20 points 8 times since 2016, including playoff games. Still think our secondary could improve but I will take their effort today.

Special teams were the MVP of today in my book. Holy shit. Even with the missed XP, Berry's punts were damn near perfect today.

Great game all around. I hope we get a win in Cincy next week with the same effort.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing better than a Steelers WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything was better in this game. As previously mentioned, next week will be a tough test. I think the Steelers have to beat Cincy to really prove to themselves that they can win against anyone. Only way to take the division. This was a good start. They have to build off of this victory.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing better than a Steelers WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything was better in this game. As previously mentioned, next week will be a tough test. I think the Steelers have to beat Cincy to really prove to themselves that they can win against anyone. Only way to take the division. This was a good start. They have to build off of this victory.

Yep...Losing in CIN wipes all this out and puts them right back in backs against the wall mode.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good writeup ATL!

Coaching... It appears Tomlin finally got through to his troops. Backs against the wall we knew something had to give. Tomlin's track record for "righting the ship" remains intact. For how long remains to be seen. Cleaning up the penalties was a great step forward. And not only that, I didn't see a playcalling card in Tomlin's hands today. Does that mean he finally let Butler do his job? Speaking of Butler, this game reminded me a lot of the first few years of Butler's defenses. Great blitz packages through 4 quarters. He didn't coach scared and it worked. The D rattled Ryan's cage and he never found rhythm with his formidable passing attack. Kudos to Butler's gameplan. Kudos to Fichtner as well. He made a statement early with forcing the ball down ATL's throat. I'd still like to see how he coaches in tougher situations. Not every defense is going to be as soft as ATL. Still a good confidence booster for the coaching staff... B

Offense... Finally they didn't stumble over themselves out the gate. Offensive line dominated early & often. Zero sacks allowed on Ben. Conner wasn't really challenged much but thats not a bad thing. The offense did what they were supposed to do against a terrible defense. They needed this confidence boost. Ben & AB are still trying to get their connection going, but they found some success. Hopefully that continues. B

Defense... DBs playing off the LOS and Butler making it rain blitzes. This is the recipe that works. If they don't have the playmakers to play more aggressively then I'm fine with this. They have realized that without pressure there is no defense. Helluva game by the front 7. Ryan rarely had a pocket and he was constantly under duress. Loved what I saw form LJ Fort. B+

ST... Finally a positive week for this phase. I'll choose to turn another blind eye at Boz's misfortunes. Rosie is the man. Berry is still blah, but he had a better game... B-

Overall/Outlook... The "feel-good" game they needed. Glad to see it wasn't a struggle dispatching a lesser team in their own house. Hopefully they build on this confidence boost. Much tougher test next week in a hostile environment against the division leader. They need to keep the foot firmly on the pedal. A big win against Cincy before going into the bye would be huge. HUGE!

I knew going in that PIT should own the LOS in this game...the match up favored them on both sides...finally they did something I was expecting.

The DEF brought a strong scheme and they executed...C. Alex Mack is probably their best OL, got totally trucked on Heyward's sack.

I guess I was thinking 3 of Berry punts were game changers, at least field flippers...put ATL in a tough starting spot all 3 times...couple that with blocking a punt...I was all in on the ST crew this week. OFC...yeah, still more work to do there...they had a couple of drives that stalled one over a yd on 3rd down...terrible pick by Ben before the half.

ATL is a terrible DEF, but they are w/o 4 starters, 3 of them top shelf pro bowl level players...The OL for sure is in for a different kind of game in CIN...and most certainly a stronger DEF.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...Losing in CIN wipes all this out and puts them right back in backs against the wall mode.
yeah but a win puts them right there, cincy's d looks suprisingly good, and their offence quite efficient