• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 vs ATL

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure it doesn't matter at this point @FaCe-LeE-uS...these guys need more than luck.

PIT 1-2-1 hosts the 1-3 ATL Falcons. As most of you know I live in the ATL area and I see the Falcons every week much like the Steelers.

In a lot of ways these teams are mirroring each other...the Falcons lost 3 big starters on DEF, SS Neal, FS, Allen, and MLB, Jones...two of them were season ending, Jones might be back by week 8 or so. As a result, their DEF sucks as bad as PIT's. The Falcons have given up 122 pts in 4 games vs 116 pts for PIT.

Both teams have a top 10 OFC. The Falcons imo have played better than PIT, but haven't gotten or made any breaks on DEF...they've lost b-t-b games on the last possession of the game. They largely have the same problem as PIT on DEF...no consistent pass rush, deep coverage has been shaky.

Notable Injuries...Hilton (Elbow) reportedly he wanted to play last week and they held him out, we'll have to see how he practices this week. Morgan Burnett, (Groin), still no word on his return. DHB (ankle)

This will be the 5th consecutive game where I've felt the Steeler DL was better than the OL they were facing. The Falcons are weak at both G spots, and Schraeder is starting to struggle at RT I think he gave up at least 1 sack the last 2 games TJ Watt. This is the 1st game where I felt the Steelers basically owned the trenches. The Falcons are built for speed on DEF, Grady Jarrett is a beast up front, and they will rotate the other DT.

Bottomline...both teams prefer to rush 4 on DEF and play zone behind it...while I think ATL is better at CB than PIT, both teams have too much firepower on OFC for the other to stop the way they've tried to defend the 1st 4 games.

Unless these HCs change up something, this game has shootout written all over it.

Tomlin imo HAS TO CHANGE something up...he has to come after Matt Ryan. If he does I think they will get to Matt enough to eek out a fairly close win.

30-27 PIT

What say you? Keep it Civil Will Ya! LOL

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No change in defense, no change in running game. Atlanta is hurting on defense but their offense is explosive with Calvin Ridley, Julio Jones and Sanu at a three headed monster and with OUR secondary?! I fear it's gonna be a bloodbath. With the way things look right now...

Atlanta 37
Pittsburgh 28

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... There's just no way that the Steelers can win this game with the way they have been playing. I don't even envision a shootout because the Steeler's offense is too 1-dimensional. At least the Falcons have the run game to keep the DC's off-kilter. Not to mention the hole they will dig themselves early on will once again dictate their play. Steelers seem intent on passing the ball 50-60 times a game without looking back. They may catch the Falcons off-guard early on, but once they settle into their zones where the Steelers' route trees fall, the Steelers offense will disappear once again.

Defense... LMAO. Matt Ryan's going to throw for 500+ easily. Can't wait to see all the bad angles from Burns, Edmunds, Sutton & Sensabaugh. Hopefully Ryan only throws at Haden & Hilton the entire game and maybe they'll make a stop or 2 out of the 15+ possessions. Thinkin the Falcons will put up 21 pts in the 1st quarter alone.

Not being a defeatist, just realistic. The coaches have proved to us they going to roll out the same exact schemes over & over again.

ATL 46 - PIT 20

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No change in defense, no change in running game. Atlanta is hurting on defense but their offense is explosive with Calvin Ridley, Julio Jones and Sanu at a three headed monster and with OUR secondary?! I fear it's gonna be a bloodbath. With the way things look right now...

Atlanta 37
Pittsburgh 28

Ben and company just caught a major break...Grady Jarrett, DT likely to miss extended time...this just came down as I was driving home apparently.

There will be a change on DEF....Ryan is just too accurate to let him sit back there...you mentioned the weaopns...Hooper is not a bad TE either, plus Coleman and I guess Freeman is going to play. If Butler has studied the Falcons, you want to attack the A gaps and you can have some pretty good success getting Matt to move around...maybe they get a couple sacks, a pick. If they rush and 4 and play zone, yes, your score might hold up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... There's just no way that the Steelers can win this game with the way they have been playing. I don't even envision a shootout because the Steeler's offense is too 1-dimensional. At least the Falcons have the run game to keep the DC's off-kilter. Not to mention the hole they will dig themselves early on will once again dictate their play. Steelers seem intent on passing the ball 50-60 times a game without looking back. They may catch the Falcons off-guard early on, but once they settle into their zones where the Steelers' route trees fall, the Steelers offense will disappear once again.

Defense... LMAO. Matt Ryan's going to throw for 500+ easily. Can't wait to see all the bad angles from Burns, Edmunds, Sutton & Sensabaugh. Hopefully Ryan only throws at Haden & Hilton the entire game and maybe they'll make a stop or 2 out of the 15+ possessions. Thinkin the Falcons will put up 21 pts in the 1st quarter alone.

Not being a defeatist, just realistic. The coaches have proved to us they going to roll out the same exact schemes over & over again.

ATL 46 - PIT 20

Big Grady's ankle apparently is worse than thought originally...out for an extended time is the latest report I heard. If so, Connor will have a great chance to go over 100. That might be enough ball control to keep ATL in the 30s....lol

DEF...you know I have zero push back on that...until we see otherwise, that is straight trash, not to be trusted.

This will be an interesting game...teams don't play much...they have the same cover 2, cover 3 concept and rushing 4. Both desperate, which coach breaks tendency and goes after the QB?...the one that does it the most will probably win.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons owner, Arthur Blank, recently mentioned the fact that he is unhappy with the way his team is playing. What this tells me is that the Falcons will be ready to play. Will the Steelers? I have no clue anymore right now.

ATL 31

PIT 19

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Grady's ankle apparently is worse than thought originally...out for an extended time is the latest report I heard. If so, Connor will have a great chance to go over 100. That might be enough ball control to keep ATL in the 30s....lol

DEF...you know I have zero push back on that...until we see otherwise, that is straight trash, not to be trusted.

This will be an interesting game...teams don't play much...they have the same cover 2, cover 3 concept and rushing 4. Both desperate, which coach breaks tendency and goes after the QB?...the one that does it the most will probably win.
Offense... Well just because they should doesn’t mean they will run the ball. If they do the typical stumble out the gate then they’ll find themselves behind 2 scores before midway through the 1st. You know what that means.

Defense... They just don’t have the back end capable of stopping the deep ball, which is something the Falcons thrive on. It’s going to get ugly fast. This would be the game where keeping the DBs 15yds off the LOS would be acceptable.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons are basically playing for their season. A 4th loss this early in the year will make the climb almost impossible in a division that includes the Saints and Panthers. Also some good wildcard material in the NFC this year.

The Steelers can probably recover from another loss.... Yes, they would be 1-3-1, but looking ahead at schedules for the Ravens and Bengals, I don't see any team running away with anything. There would be time.

Everyone in the world is probably taking the over in this game. I have no feel who will win. I expect the Steelers to play desperate and I don't trust the Falcons on the road. On the other hand, I have absolutely no idea how the Steelers plan to shut down the pass.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a fuckin air show this weekend......

Steelers will again abandon the running game and throw, throw far too much.
Ben's win loss record is amazing when he throws less than 25 times a game.
It's going to be a slobber knocker.......but in the end our D will sink up the place worse than the falcons

Atlanta 41
Us. 37

Someone like maybe Joey Porter needs to flip shit on Tomlin on the sidelines.
Put the fear of God in that fuckin idiot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a fuckin air show this weekend......

Steelers will again abandon the running game and throw, throw far too much.
Ben's win loss record is amazing when he throws less than 25 times a game.
It's going to be a slobber knocker.......but in the end our D will sink up the place worse than the falcons

Atlanta 41
Us. 37

Someone like maybe Joey Porter needs to flip shit on Tomlin on the sidelines.
Put the fear of God in that fuckin idiot.
you know they said on the radio joey porter needs fired and i agree. THinka bout all the talent, dupree, etc that has come through there, he doesnt develop ANY of those pass rushers...........heck watt had a great game 1, and 3 subpar games......

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know they said on the radio joey porter needs fired and i agree. THinka bout all the talent, dupree, etc that has come through there, he doesnt develop ANY of those pass rushers...........heck watt had a great game 1, and 3 subpar games......

Please, tell me what coach on this team doesn't need fired.

Not a fuckin one of them do their job, not one.
The offense scores when the mood strikes them.....
They abandon the run for an entire game....
There are less holes in a pound of Swiss cheese than our D......
Boz is struggling, the punter sucks......
40 penalties thus far on the year.....
The D has allowed 116 points in 4 games and the offense has only put up 102....

So which coach doesn't deserve the ax????

All I'm saying is someone possibly Porter, because he's half nuts, to get in Tomlin's face and scares the shit out of him.
They criticize one coach, hell, has anyone mentioned the DB coach???? That sum bitch should be hung by his nut sack and used as a pinata.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons are basically playing for their season. A 4th loss this early in the year will make the climb almost impossible in a division that includes the Saints and Panthers. Also some good wildcard material in the NFC this year.

The Steelers can probably recover from another loss.... Yes, they would be 1-3-1, but looking ahead at schedules for the Ravens and Bengals, I don't see any team running away with anything. There would be time.

Everyone in the world is probably taking the over in this game. I have no feel who will win. I expect the Steelers to play desperate and I don't trust the Falcons on the road. On the other hand, I have absolutely no idea how the Steelers plan to shut down the pass.

I really think both teams are playing for their season....PIT imo is doomed either way...they have 5 more loses looming @ CIN, @ BAL, @ JAX, NE, @ NO...that puts them at 8-7-1...probably a best cast record for them.

CIN...say you split with the div...and lose @ KC, NO.....probably a worse case 10-6.

BAL...I can see them hanging around 10-6, maybe they drop an extra game somewhere like @ CLE this week, and go 9-7.

PIT has to make such a dramatic change on DEF, I don't see them doing anything even if they win this one, but it would be a start in the right direction.

ATL...imo just too many major injuries on DEF now. With Jarrett looking to be out certainly for the next few weeks, I don't see them overcoming those losses...starting FS, SS, MLB and now DT...not just starters but the front end and back end play callers. I can see Ryan having a great day if PIT sits back in zone.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter, should be in the unemployment line with the entire coaching staff.
Art and Dan are rolling in their graves watching the cluster fuck this team is today.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, tell me what coach on this team doesn't need fired.

Not a fuckin one of them do their job, not one.
The offense scores when the mood strikes them.....
They abandon the run for an entire game....
There are less holes in a pound of Swiss cheese than our D......
Boz is struggling, the punter sucks......
40 penalties thus far on the year.....
The D has allowed 116 points in 4 games and the offense has only put up 102....

So which coach doesn't deserve the ax????

All I'm saying is someone possibly Porter, because he's half nuts, to get in Tomlin's face and scares the shit out of him.
They criticize one coach, hell, has anyone mentioned the DB coach???? That sum bitch should be hung by his nut sack and used as a pinata.

I could hand the reins over to Munchak if they blew it up today.

I have to give Randy the benefit of doubt to be honest...2 issues, the DEF is putting the OFC in some big holes early in the game. That's taking some of his playbook away trying to play catch up. The 2nd issue, Ben has missed several wide open players to extend drives...again Ben might be under pressure cus the DEF knows he's got to play catch up.

Tomlin, Butler...no question they should be fired if they don't get this thing turned around this season and I don't call 9-7 turned around.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could hand the reins over to Munchak if they blew it up today.

I have to give Randy the benefit of doubt to be honest...2 issues, the DEF is putting the OFC in some big holes early in the game. That's taking some of his playbook away trying to play catch up. The 2nd issue, Ben has missed several wide open players to extend drives...again Ben might be under pressure cus the DEF knows he's got to play catch up.

Tomlin, Butler...no question they should be fired if they don't get this thing turned around this season and I don't call 9-7 turned around.

But the question there is has he fallen into the pal around with guys instead of being a coach??
Seems this mentality of being a buddy first and a coach second is a team wide thing. And how serious do the players take any coach on this staff after the shit that had went on with Tomlin???

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the question there is has he fallen into the pal around with guys instead of being a coach??
Seems this mentality of being a buddy first and a coach second is a team wide thing. And how serious do the players take any coach on this staff after the shit that had went on with Tomlin???

Yeah, but if they blew it up today, I'm just trying to get thru the rest of this season.

The long term HC I'd like is Sean Payton from the Saints.

The owner Benson and his daughter have been in a power struggle for some time now...Benson died this year and the daughter has officially taken over. Payton is not on the daughter's favorites list so he would probably take out phone call.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if they blew it up today, I'm just trying to get thru the rest of this season.

The long term HC I'd like is Sean Payton from the Saints.

The owner Benson and his daughter have been in a power struggle for some time now...Benson died this year and the daughter has officially taken over. Payton is not on the daughter's favorites list so he would probably take out phone call.

Yea, if they had a fire sale today, he would be best choice for interim coach......but long term, you can't place someone from this team in that spot..... I just can't see it working.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, if they had a fire sale today, he would be best choice for interim coach......but long term, you can't place someone from this team in that spot..... I just can't see it working.

Agreed, you need to start totally fresh.