• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: vs Tyreek and mostly crew. CBS/CTV??? 4:05/1:05

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Tua helps but....
Expect a heavy does of Achane both running and catching as Skylar Thompson considers RBs his prime target and looks to them immediately, next to RBs he likes to throw to his TEs. He's all about short dump-off passes. Achane is pretty dang effective so I would expect a game plan designed to stop him specifically and will be disappointed if the Seahawks fail to limit him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Judge... this is early! (not that there's anything wrong with that). Is this a game thread or just pre-analysis? I don't quite understand the rules of engagement here. You have the time listed and everything so it makes me think it is.

No issue with creating a game thread this early btw, @HaroldSeattle can you maybe add the game thread tag?

Anyway, I'm assuming Walker will remain questionable for this game and may not play. Seattle said they are taking extreme caution with him and with Tua out and Seattle's excellent pressure rate and secondary play, they may just pound Charbs and let Walker recover. Miami is also fortunately flying 7 hours across the Country with a 3 hour timezone difference.. Seattle has a lot of advantages here.

Achane can be difficult but the Dolphins don't have their starting OT or quite the jumbo package of New England.. We should be able to contain the run more.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Judge... this is early! (not that there's anything wrong with that). Is this a game thread or just pre-analysis? I don't quite understand the rules of engagement here. You have the time listed and everything so it makes me think it is.

No issue with creating a game thread this early btw, @HaroldSeattle can you maybe add the game thread tag?

Anyway, I'm assuming Walker will remain questionable for this game and may not play. Seattle said they are taking extreme caution with him and with Tua out and Seattle's excellent pressure rate and secondary play, they may just pound Charbs and let Walker recover. Miami is also fortunately flying 7 hours across the Country with a 3 hour timezone difference.. Seattle has a lot of advantages here.

Achane can be difficult but the Dolphins don't have their starting OT or quite the jumbo package of New England.. We should be able to contain the run more.

More of the like I found out about Tua and decided WTH.

Expect a heavy does of Achane both running and catching as Skylar Thompson considers RBs his prime target and looks to them immediately, next to RBs he likes to throw to his TEs. He's all about short dump-off passes. Achane is pretty dang effective so I would expect a game plan designed to stop him specifically and will be disappointed if the Seahawks fail to limit him.
I think we (our defense) matches better with Miami because Miami is missing 2 players and the fact there predicated on Speed, not power which New England is predicated on.

We just need to stay home, not get fooled by smoke and mirrors, and Shoot the lanes/gaps

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we (our defense) matches better with Miami because Miami is missing 2 players and the fact there predicated on Speed, not power which New England is predicated on.

We just need to stay home, not get fooled by smoke and mirrors, and Shoot the lanes/gaps

Agreed. Miami seems to be a much more speedy team, and with their starting OT and QB out... I think we matchup well against their O.

On our offensive side... that gets interesting. The Phins don't have a great run defense but they do have a decent pass defense. BUT, Geno did pretty well against two pass defenses recently, so I think he'll be able to handle it. Also, Miami has Jordyn Brooks now. I would HEAVILY exploit the middle of the field with Fant/JSN...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really too concerned with their offense, tbh. And wasn't with Tua either. The Bills had them completely bottled up with a simple but smart gameplan. Mcdermott, for whatever faults he has can really scheme well. And I think our secondary is better than Buffalo's. Just be sound in their assignments on Hill. The Jags safety totally blew chunks on Hill's 80 yarder in week 1 and more often than not, that's how Hill gets his big plays The Dolphins also lack toughness, especially on the offensive side of the ball and their Oline is banged up and not that good. Our guys up front have been wreaking havoc and I don't see that changing. The only concern is keeping Achane in check and not letting Thompson escape out the side door and hurt us with his legs. We should be in his lap all game long.
I want to see our offense really get going though. Dolphins secondary is pretty good but their front 7 is nothing special. Calais Campbell is there best player up front and he's 38 friggin years old. I would like to see us run the ball down their throat until Poyer starts cheating up into the box and then let Geno pick them apart. There should be some shots to be had. Jalen Ramsay is still good but he isn't young anymore and has been nursing a hamstring. Looking for our guys to dominate TOP and come out of this with a resounding win. Don't look ahead to next week, just play good, complimentary football and send these paper champions back home with their tails between their legs.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap game....

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap game....

Disagree. No team that has Tyreek Hill can possibly be one you overlook. He simply commands attention. If there was going to be a trap game, it would have been last week. Coming off a win, going to a NE team that was supposed to be pretty bad.

I don't see McDonald as a coach that lets his team look passed the next game up.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen is faster than Hill. Just saying he might get his catches but he isn't going to out run Woolen. Woolen is the 2nd fastest player in the NFL i am pretty sure right now based on 40 time. 2nd to that guy on KC's team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen is faster than Hill. Just saying he might get his catches but he isn't going to out run Woolen. Woolen is the 2nd fastest player in the NFL i am pretty sure right now based on 40 time. 2nd to that guy on KC's team.

Well the problem with Hill is if you mis-step he's gone. Very much like Gonzalez and Hawkins last weekend. Missed a step on DK and that was GG - nobody was catching him. And they could've reacted 0.5 second earlier, it wouldn't have mattered.

That said, Seattle's secondary seems VERY well coached and outside of Jenkins this is the same crew that has played together for a bit of time now. Witherspoon is also surprisingly fast, it's the reason Gibson didn't homerun it.

I'm not as concerned with Hill or Waddle (regardless of QB) as I am Achane. Seattle is an extremely fast defense with a borderline elite secondary, pass coverage type ILBs, and pass rushers. Their weakness like it was last year is the run and dealing with IFORM/JUMBO style offenses that pound the rock up the gut. That said, it is a passing league... but offenses are going to draw up a lot of runs against Seattle's D until they prove they can stop it. I think it's entirely the reason Seattle picked up Murphy/Hankins... was stopping the run - because Mac knows he can work with what he has to stop the pass.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA will have an inexperienced QB playing in a hostile environment, but they still have WR weapons. They're likely to try to run as best they can and get the ball out quickly on pass plays, just like our 1st 2 opponents.

Open field tackling will be huge on Hill and Achane when he catches the ball. If they break a couple big plays this could be a long day, but if the run game is held under 100 and Hill/Waddle don't have monster games, I like the offense to do enough to win.

24-20 Hawks

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be noted that our safety play is leaps and bounds better than it's been for a few years now. Rayshawn Jenkins is low key one of the best signings we've made and Love is playing at a pro bowl level. And both guys are very sound in their assignments, fast to the ball and really good tacklers. Let Hill make 7 yard catches all he wants and just have guys in the right position to prevent any yac. The Bills did that to perfection last week. Waddle got open a couple of times for decent plays but that was it. Keep these guys in front of you and make Thompson try to force the ball or bail. The real fear is Achane, especially around the edge. We have to be real sound cutting off those lanes and limit him. Also keep somebody near him to take away what will likely be a shitload of checkdowns by Thompson.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will really come down to how much pressure we get on Thompson. So far the DL has been playing really well and getting consistent pressure on the QB. We get Thompson off his spot and that will likely end well for us.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy into the trap game stuff in the NFL. Every coach and every player just has too much on the line to take another NFL team lightly, and it's just too hard to win in this league to take a W for granted. I expect Miami to rally and play better than what we think they should. They have pride and still a substantial amount of weapons even w/o Tua. Tyreek Hill can score at any time from anywhere on the field. Achane as well, for that matter. They've also had an extra few days to get ready for us for playing last Thursday. It's unlikely we'll just walk all over them.

The Hawks are also not some established juggernaut team. They're still trying to prove themselves as a playoff contender and advance out of the middle of the pack. We have lots of younger players who haven't won anything just yet, and it's only the 3rd game of the season. HC has a whopping 2 games on his career resume. Put all that together, and it isn't a recipe for overconfidence.

We have some stuff to figure out on both sides. The D didn't tackle well last week and got run all over. When NE offense had 180 yards on the ground and didn't turn it over a single time at home while we couldn't run worth a lick, it's a miracle we were even within 7 points of them let alone overtime winners. The offense has been pathetic for 25% of gameplay so far and hasn't been able to run the ball for about 75% of the first 2 games, and Walker may not play this Sunday. The OL is suspect, and we all know how exploiting than can bring a team to its knees.

It's certainly a "should win" situation, but they gotta go out and play well enough to earn it. Wounded animals can be the most dangerous. Last night the line was Hawks -4.5, so I'm curious about where the money moves it the rest of the week.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be at this game cheering them on

Excellent. We will naturally blame you for anything that goes wrong!

Your the new Stander @Anointed One

Back when we were transferring from Safeway to Save-On-Foods. We had 2 young Chris's.

One was a young airhead with a Bieber haircut With the last name of Stander. It would be a running joke to blame Him for stuff

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your the new Stander @Anointed One

Back when we were transferring from Safeway to Save-On-Foods. We had 2 young Chris's.

One was a young airhead with a Bieber haircut With the last name of Stander. It would be a running joke to blame Him for stuff

a0036f0c-7fd1-4b87-abef-23b4c4ff8b95_text.gif

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they use Kenny McIntosh this game, he is a talented RB and it was sad that he missed pretty much ALL of last year. Was active for 3 games only in 2023 and I just want to see the kid play. When we got him i was excited because of his ability catching the ball. He is like another WR out there at 6 foot 1 210+ pounds and is shifty quick. He averaged almost 12 yards per rec as a RB in 2022, thats very good and had 43 cathes for over 500+ yards. Imagine adding that threat right now when walker is out. Why in the hell did we not see him AT ALL last Sunday when Zach wasn't doing much? Really is a head scratcher.

Reactions: MrS