• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: vs Tyreek and mostly crew. CBS/CTV??? 4:05/1:05

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much Schneider's disregard for making big commitments on interior linemen plays into this.

I know it's a bit early yet in the Coach Mac era, but Schneider is the commonality in all this. I can't say all the moves were bad, and it's not like he hasn't made quite a few. The eyesore is probably trading away Max Unger for a shiny new toy that was fun to play with but didn't really get used as intended. We used to blame RW for making life tough on the line by scrambling and holding onto the ball, but we're going on 3 years of data here soon that says otherwise. I suppose the OL was "decent" in 2022 but took a step back last year and appears to be as bad as ever so far this season. So I think the RW theory is out. I know some would say it's gotten a lot tougher to scout college linemen, but that just can't be a 10 year excuse when other teams are at least figuring it out to a degree. It's maddening as a fan to see a problem perpetuate for over a decade and not be able to do anything about it other than complain and hold my hand up to my face and watch through my fingers every time we drop back to pass inside our own 10 yard line. Saying a team is complete other than the offensive line is sorta like saying it's a great house but it doesn't have a roof, but that's kinda how I look at this club right now. Get a line that isn't a liability, and this team can play with anyone.

On the first pick, Geno is in a pretty tough position. Take the sack and the safety or try to get it to Charbs? He got hit in the legs when he threw so there wasn't much he could do.
The way it worked was dumb luck in our favor I guess -- gave up 3 but then got the ball and scored a TD right away. That was a better outcome than getting tackled for a safety and having to also give them possession, but in the moment it was very risky to attempt that pass. Easily could have been a pick-6 or a TD if the defense hadn't held up on the short field.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a bit early yet in the Coach Mac era, but Schneider is the commonality in all this. I can't say all the moves were bad, and it's not like he hasn't made quite a few. The eyesore is probably trading away Max Unger for a shiny new toy that was fun to play with but didn't really get used as intended. We used to blame RW for making life tough on the line by scrambling and holding onto the ball, but we're going on 3 years of data here soon that says otherwise. I suppose the OL was "decent" in 2022 but took a step back last year and appears to be as bad as ever so far this season. So I think the RW theory is out. I know some would say it's gotten a lot tougher to scout college linemen, but that just can't be a 10 year excuse when other teams are at least figuring it out to a degree. It's maddening as a fan to see a problem perpetuate for over a decade and not be able to do anything about it other than complain and hold my hand up to my face and watch through my fingers every time we drop back to pass inside our own 10 yard line. Saying a team is complete other than the offensive line is sorta like saying it's a great house but it doesn't have a roof, but that's kinda how I look at this club right now. Get a line that isn't a liability, and this team can play with anyone.

JS isn't willing to commit 1st or 2nd round picks on interior linemen. And he's not willing to spending big money on them. So he lets Lewis go and brings in Tomlinson.

The way it worked was dumb luck in our favor I guess -- gave up 3 but then got the ball and scored a TD right away. That was a better outcome than getting tackled for a safety and having to also give them possession, but in the moment it was very risky to attempt that pass. Easily could have been a pick-6 or a TD if the defense hadn't held up on the short field.

Yeah. He had no good options there. But he doesn't get hit while throwing the ball it is probably a short gain rather than a safety. It was the right choice.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh God dammit, Anointed.. you're gonna do this? Now we really have to do this.

FINE, Seattle is going to lose on Sunday because Anointed is attending the game.

Ya know I was trying to move on from my reverse jinxing in 2024, but you forced my hand on this one...
I am now, 8-0...

Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many dolphins fans for my taste and not loud enough
Definitely lots of Dolphins jerseys in the stands from what I saw on TV.

Maybe this is just the new normal with the prevalence of the secondary market for ticket sales?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had gotten up to 108 on the decimal reading yesterday... That was definitely higher than I've seen it in a while...

It was plenty loud, especially on 3rd and long and the goal line stands, compared to the last few years.

If you're referring to the red numbers shown on the screens at the game, sorry to burst your bubble, those decibel readings are just hype video clips, not actual sound levels.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely lots of Dolphins jerseys in the stands from what I saw on TV.

Maybe this is just the new normal with the prevalence of the secondary market for ticket sales?
I was surprised at how many there were, you can count on teams like the cowboys and niners and steelers to draw a lot of fans but also rans like the dolphins usually dont turn out like that

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised at how many there were, you can count on teams like the cowboys and niners and steelers to draw a lot of fans but also rans like the dolphins usually dont turn out like that
I don't know how many of you guys are old enough to remember, but there was a game back in the early/mid-90s in the Kingdome vs GB.... nearly the entire place was filled with Cheeseheads. I remember being embarrassed watching from my first duty station (Hawaii) as a new LT.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many of you guys are old enough to remember, but there was a game back in the early/mid-90s in the Kingdome vs GB.... nearly the entire place was filled with Cheeseheads. I remember being embarrassed watching from my first duty station (Hawaii) as a new LT.
I do remember that, i was in 7th grade and my teacher at the time was a cheesehead and it was a 40 something point blowout. She gloated about bigly.

I think Eugene Robinson had left for green bay that year too which added extra sting.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to forget some of those 90's teams. Fulls my hatred of Ken Behring.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many dolphins fans for my taste and not loud enough

To many transplants from California. I know you are thinking what does that mean. You want to see the worst NFL fan bases in football then live in California all you see is Cowboys and Dolphin jerseys with a smattering of 49ers and Rams. Those Fans you see wearing Dolphin Jerseys you will see them in a few Weeks wearing 49ers Jerseys. I use to live in California for anywhere from 3 months to 6 months every year till this year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To many transplants from California. I know you are thinking what does that mean. You want to see the worst NFL fan bases in football then live in California all you see is Cowboys and Dolphin jerseys with a smattering of 49ers and Rams. Those Fans you see wearing Dolphin Jerseys you will see them in a few Weeks wearing 49ers Jerseys. I use to live in California for anywhere from 3 months to 6 months every year till this year.
Yeah. L.A. seems to be the worst one of them. The Rams had 2 tough road losses and yeah, banged up and looked horrible vs. the Cards but something like 75-80 % Niner fans in SoFi for the home opener. Totally fair weather people who really don't give a shit about anything but being seen at a popular event. Shitty for the true fans who support their team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. L.A. seems to be the worst one of them. The Rams had 2 tough road losses and yeah, banged up and looked horrible vs. the Cards but something like 75-80 % Niner fans in SoFi for the home opener. Totally fair weather people who really don't give a shit about anything but being seen at a popular event. Shitty for the true fans who support their team.
In fairness LA will always be a Dodgers/Lakers/USC town than Rams and so on.